Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Kiwong

I don't know how you can front up to work with people you really despise. Don't you get stressed out? I know I would, but maybe I have less confidence than you.

That's a good way to spend the eight months, since I know you're into that. But then what will you do once the eight months is over? You are going to dread even more going back!

It isn't easy, but it is easier since I have developed a life outside the office. I can go for days without thinking about work at all.

I saw a counsellor who said to draw a line around your hand. The people you trust live inside the hand, and you invest your energy on them. The people you don't trust live outside the hand, and you don't waste energy thinking about them.

That is what I have decided to do, all the people at work live outside the hand, I am letting go of their opinion of me, because I don't trust or respect them.

MikeyC

It isn't easy, but it is easier since I have developed a life outside the office. I can go for days without thinking about work at all.

I saw a counsellor who said to draw a line around your hand. The people you trust live inside the hand, and you invest your energy on them. The people you don't trust live outside the hand, and you don't waste energy thinking about them.

That is what I have decided to do, all the people at work live outside the hand, I am letting go of their opinion of me, because I don't trust or respect them.
I honestly don't know how you can do it, but kudos to you for letting go of their opinions of you. That takes a lot of effort. :thumbup:

ImNotMyIllness

Past few days, I've been feeling stable, actually unflappable. But today, anxiety and depression have crept in. I think I missed a dose of my medication. The sensation is a lot like a roller coaster. When you get to the top of the hill and you're about to go down. I feel my anxiety and depression want to pull me down. (have to fight it!)
It's scary being always so close to the edge. I can be fine one day, and the next day I can crash which will set me back for god only knows how long...............

I've taken time off work till the first of January. It's the first time in the entire year that I can emotionally distance myself from work. It's nice. I really needed this.

I talk about the Oculus Rift a lot, but people keep cranking out things like this;

Oculus Rift: 10 Minutes of Avatar in VR Cinema3D - YouTube

It's too exciting not to talk about.

It IS too exciting not to talk about. Keep talking about it :D

I can not WAIT to get my hands on one, especially after it's been more fully developed. These things are just going to revolutionize entertainment. I joked to my sister that eventually on long train and plane trips everyone's going to have one of these strapped to their head, watching movies, playing games, maybe in the future even going online and doing work and stuff.

SO EXCITING. Gives me goosebumps.

Last edited:
This is all in very unscientific terms, and some might say it's obvious, but I was thinking about it and I wanted to put it into terms I could readily refer to again.

The rational mind and the irrational mind are separate but they overlap to some degree, at least that's how it seems. You can use your rational mind as a buffer for your irrational, to keep it somewhat in check, to guide it along, but ultimately it's going to do what it's going to do, and after a certain point you can only either watch it helplessly or you can try to manage areas of your physical body that connect to your irrational mind (such as breathing, finding ways to become more physically - and therefore mentally - relaxed, etc.).

That's why it always annoys me when people tell you to stop being so nervous or tell you not to have a certain emotion. Emotions are largely out of our control, and I think that's the truth, but we can use certain systems to affect them and mold them to something more manageable.

Yeah... *shrug*

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ah wonder what Google Translate would be like if it hud tae translate the Scottish/dialect accent... Can ye imagine? :ironicsmile: Whataloadaf**kin'shite!

Oh, and here's tae makers of Irn Bru. Fur savin' ma life on Sunday mornings :brindis:

It IS too exciting not to talk about. Keep talking about it :D

I can not WAIT to get my hands on one, especially after it's been more fully developed. These things are just going to revolutionize entertainment. I joked to my sister that eventually on long train and plane trips everyone's going to have one of these strapped to their head, watching movies, playing games, maybe in the future even going online and doing work and stuff.

SO EXCITING. Gives me goosebumps.

It's not even that far fetched really. I've read in one of the Oculus blogs that they're planning to add two HD cameras to the front so that you can essentially look through the thing - so that you don't have to take it of constantly to find your keyboard and stuff. The added benefit of that is that you can project pretty much anything onto your direct environment. Like for example this project right here;

AR-Rift: Stereo camera rig and augmented reality showcase - YouTube

It very rudimentary at the moment but it's not hard to imagine that one day a program will be clever enough to utilize the depth of the cameras to sense what a room/environment looks like, and project items and objects around you to interact with while you're moving.

Imagine walking a virtual lion or something. :giggle:

Last edited:
I had never seen her before, but Billy Joel's daughter Alexa Ray Joel is gorgeous. You can see she's related to him because of her eyes, but everything else about her looks so different from Joel and Christie Brinkley. She looks more... ethnic Jewish than Billy does. Beautiful woman. Girl crush :p

Too bad she got a nose job, I liked her natural nose much better: http://blogs.babble.com/famecrawler/files/2010/07/61103y2_joel_a_b_gr_03.jpg

My sister's nose is similar, although smaller, and she hates it and thinks it's too curved. I told her I think it looks lovely. My Jewish grandmother had the same nose. It isn't a little button nose like she wants and she seems to think all white girls must have to look attractive, but I think it's graceful and pretty.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

I finally went Christmas shopping with a friend today. We tried twice last week to do it and he ended up having last minute things to do (work related). I pretty much finished up everyone on my list. :) I hope my dad's order gets here before the holidays, but if it doesn't that's okay too. I know he's going to love the book I got him. Now all I have left to do is go with my dad tomorrow to help him finish up my mom's gifts and then make cookies this weekend to finish up those gift plates. Feels good to have everything pretty much done before the holiday.

Ithior

My sister is back home after being in Holland for the past 6 months. Since Saturday she scheduled a lot of things so I haven't been able to spend as much time alone as I did before, which makes me more tired to work on whatever I need to work on.

Her presence here also makes me not want to work on things I had planned to work on. I usually only do those things when I'm home alone, and with her here I don't get enough time alone. It's only going to get worse when her boyfriend comes next weekend.

Silatuyok

I love it when my dog gets annoyed with me and grunts really loud. It always makes me laugh, even when I'm trying to get him off the bed and he's being a stubborn mule.

Odo

Banned
Sometimes I see people who actually have self-esteem and I really have to wonder how they can actually feel good about themselves while I can't... especially since if I was them, I would feel 100x worse about myself than I already do.

But then, I guess I would be them, so I wouldn't feel bad... so yeah, in this hypothetical situation I would be them while still being somewhat me.

Ithior

I think my best learning method is a hands-on approach. Unfortunately, having SA/AvPD kinda gets in the way of that.

Ithior

I need some ideas to create a website. I'm learning html through codecademy, and I'm using their project platform to put what I learned to use. The thing is, I don't really know what the theme of my project should be. I don't want to put some of my interests there since my friends could possibly stumble upon my page and I don't want them finding out about those interests.

So, any ideas?

I've received 3 out of 4 final class grades, and I am pretty pleased with myself because so far... let's just say it wasn't a 4.0 but it was PRETTY DAMN CLOSE. I mean... CLOSE. I mean, like... okay, it's a 3.9 :giggle: YAY! It is community college English-major related stuff, so it's not terribly difficult if you're good with humanities courses, but still. I am pleased.