Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Kiwong

Upon searching for a place in Shellharbour to visit, I came across a place called Warrumbungle National Park. It's in country New South Wales and some of the images look fantastic. I'll put this on my "to visit" list.

Realistically, it's not too expensive. The biggest thing is the 6 hour drive to the nearest town. Staying there will not break the budget, and the walking trails and lookouts here should be free. All I need is the petrol getting there and back. I think I'm going to do it soon. It looks really beautiful.

Warrumbungles are great, I was there about ten years ago, I camped over night and went for a walk to the Breadknife. Then I headed down to Kangaroo Island and eventually across the Nullabor.

MikeyC

nice, mikey. looks like CA.

It's beautiful. Makes me want to take a nap in the sunshine.

^ Beautiful!
Thanks, ladies. I was actually there on suggestion from my psychologist. It's a beautiful area, although it would've been nice to go with someone. I want to go back already!

Warrumbungles are great, I was there about ten years ago, I camped over night and went for a walk to the Breadknife. Then I headed down to Kangaroo Island and eventually across the Nullabor.
You...drove across the Nullarbor? :eek: That's one hell of a drive...unless you flew, in which case it's not so bad, haha.

I'm not going to camp there - I'll get a hotel in Coonabarabran - but visiting daily and doing bushwalks and seeing the lookouts, plus some kangaroos and such, should be absolutely amazing. I'm glad you had a great time, as well, mate.

Kiwong

Thanks, ladies. I was actually there on suggestion from my psychologist. It's a beautiful area, although it would've been nice to go with someone. I want to go back already!

You...drove across the Nullarbor? :eek: That's one hell of a drive...unless you flew, in which case it's not so bad, haha.

I'm not going to camp there - I'll get a hotel in Coonabarabran - but visiting daily and doing bushwalks and seeing the lookouts, plus some kangaroos and such, should be absolutely amazing. I'm glad you had a great time, as well, mate.

I drove over in my new Subaru Forester, took three days. It's pretty interesting, whales at the Head of the Bight, massive limestone sea cliffs, then the change to sand dunes at Eucla. I camped one night off the road, just metres from the cliffs, with big trucks roaring along the highway.

I camped at the Warrumbungles, tested my new tent out. Was up at dawn, and took photos on the walk, not much of a sunrise. I can't remember much else too long ago.

MikeyC

I drove over in my new Subaru Forester, took three days. It's pretty interesting, whales at the Head of the Bight, massive limestone sea cliffs, then the change to sand dunes at Eucla. I camped one night off the road, just metres from the cliffs, with big trucks roaring along the highway.

I camped at the Warrumbungles, tested my new tent out. Was up at dawn, and took photos on the walk, not much of a sunrise. I can't remember much else too long ago.
Wow, mate, that's absolutely incredible! I think that would've been a great sight and a wonderful drive across some of the more harsh Australian coastline. I will have to do that one day myself, I think. :)

Camping at the Warrumbungles sounds lovely, too, although I'm not going to do it on my own - I will with another enthusiastic camper. I'm glad you had fun. I hope to have your experiences very soon!

Odo

Banned
I would think an open minded person would want both sides of an issue to be heard rather than ignore one side because it's not open to other possibilities.

Sometimes the other side isn't worth listening to. There's a fine line between being open-minded and defending someone's right to be a complete idiot.

ImNotMyIllness

Just got a year's worth of high-quality flea meds for five cats for $90. *happy dance* I had expected to spend upwards of $600 on flea meds for the year.

A quick scan of that comment and I got: "Just bought a year's worth of high-quality fleas and they're going to dance." :eek:

I do stuff like that all the time. Billboards are a riot! :giggle:

dottie

I don't think it's just you. I was listening on the radio the other day about some demonstrations on college campus's being vandalized. The display's were all pro-life, which around here is certainly become the "close-minded and/or religious view." I would think an open minded person would want both sides of an issue to be heard rather than ignore one side because it's not open to other possibilities. Maybe these people don't consider themselves open-minded and just liberal (which I would say they're right about) but I don't know.

citizen_cane.gif

a tangent:
i hate politically correct people. they are so diligent to parade around with false altruism under the notion that their frame of mind is unscathed by time or subliminal influence, immune to bias.

Rawz

I allowed negative thinking to become to such an ingrained part of me. For so long I've only thought of myself as weak, unintelligent, and incapable of almost anything. I would always compare myself to others and believe myself to be inferior to everyone else in every way.

I'm working on breaking these habits and replacing this negative thinking with positive thinking. But I became a master at these things and they became unconscious things that will just happen, so it's proving hard to change them. But I will. Because I'm done feeling the way I do. I'm done suffering.

I'm changing.

MollyBeGood

Interviewing via phone for a new full time assistant job tomorrow-I know weird, Sun. but no bibles to thump here.

...I am excited more than nervous...weird

I want/need this job so badly.

*fingers and toes crossed*

Phoenixx

Interviewing via phone for a new full time assistant job tomorrow-I know weird, Sun. but no bibles to thump here.

^ *crosses her fingers and toes for you* Good luck! Brave of you to do a phone interview like that. I don't think I could ever do one myself.

My jaw has been aching me this week and I don't really know why. Before I got braces and got my wisdom teeth taken out, my jaw was never aligned right naturally and it often had a click and would hurt randomly on occasion, almost always on the right side. That has since been fixed, but then this week it has been hurting again, in the same spot as it used to. It feels like it needs to be cracked or something. :question:

DeadmanWalking

Good luck and don't let your stress cripple you:thumbup:. You can do it, so believe in it:).

My jaw has been aching me this week and I don't really know why. Before I got braces and got my wisdom teeth taken out, my jaw was never aligned right naturally and it often had a click and would hurt randomly on occasion, almost always on the right side. That has since been fixed, but then this week it has been hurting again, in the same spot as it used to. It feels like it needs to be cracked or something. :question:

Phoenixx, mayhaps you should get that looked into. It may be a sign of something.

Phoenixx

Phoenixx, mayhaps you should get that looked into. It may be a sign of something.
^ Ehh, I don't know. It probably didn't help eating honey roasted almonds I made this week. I accidentally put too much honey in so it turned out like brittle. It was tasty, but probably not the best to chomp on.

DeadmanWalking

^ Ehh, I don't know. It probably didn't help eating honey roasted almonds I made this week. I accidentally put too much honey in so it turned out like brittle. It was tasty, but probably not the best to chomp on.

Miss Phoenixx, I'm supposed to be the irresponsible one here, not you:giggle:. While I don't have a complete grasp of your allergies, I know a little bit. So, if it persists, you really should look into it. Those almonds may have done something to your teeth. Don't let it fester into a worse problem than it is now, okay:)?

Phoenixx

Miss Phoenixx, I'm supposed to be the irresponsible one here, not you:giggle:. While I don't have a complete grasp of your allergies, I know a little bit. So, if it persists, you really should look into it. Those almonds may have done something to your teeth. Don't let it fester into a worse problem than it is now, okay:)?
^ Hey now, my teeth are so much better than they were back in high school. And my allergies/food issues have nothing to do with my teeth. No worries, dude. It's all good. :thumbup:

Flanscho

Yesterday, there was the christmas dinner of the company I work at for about three or four months.

I wasn't really keen on participating. It would be a very fine restaurant, about 10 people from my company and three or four additional ones.

At the same time, close friends of mine would have a board game evening. I'd have there chocolate and tea, hugs for a greeting, a purring cat next to me and playing board games.

But instead I was at that dinner. :|

The dinner went ok though.
It had lots of courses with a huuuuuge waiting time inbetween. The first few courses had the size of my fingertip. In the end, it was ok. I was glad when I could leave though. The whole dinner lasted more than five hours...

AGR

I don't know why people look at fight sports and say,ah but that is only sport wouldn't work in a self defence situation,most fights or altercation I have seen are just bad boxing and bad wrestling,seriously,people I have trained with would probably make the average person look silly,when weapons are involved or a lot of people it's another story though.