Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Kiwong

I swear I care about my friends and family in my own way, but I can't help feeling STUCK on the phone everytime I answer when they call me to talk about everything and nothing, and annoyed when they want to see me

I don't really know how to change that and sometimes I wonder if I'm fooling myself and actually don't give a **** about anyone

Well, the trouble is with my closest family members we are so different, and there isn't much to talk about. My cousins, I was pleased to discovered a much more alike, and I can talk for hours.

I am pretty cynical when it comes to relationships, I think. Not because mine have all turned out badly, and not because I haven't actually had a long-term relationship. It's just that it seems like after a certain point, one person gets bored of the other, or it's like... okay, what now? We've kissed, been intimate, shared all of our secrets, we've seen a million movies and taken a million walks, exchanged gifts and reached all the milestones and now... what? Do all this again and again for the rest of our lives, maybe with the addition of a pet and a kid or two?

I know some relationships really do last, but that seems to be the exception. And I know there's the whole debate about whether or not humans are meant to be monogamous, but assuming we are, well... can we even assume we are? It just seems like the concept of romantic love and lasting love is mostly a bunch of bullshit based on short-lived intense feelings of infatuation mixed with lust (and in some cases based solely on lust) and then that dies and what is left? Friendship with some sex thrown in here and there, sometimes good and sometimes perfunctory?

Just pondering.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against long-term monogamy by any means. I want all of that. But it does make me wonder. If I ever find someone for real, I hope I can make it last with him (don't we all?).

MikeyC

I am pretty cynical when it comes to relationships, I think. Not because mine have all turned out badly, and not because I haven't actually had a long-term relationship. It's just that it seems like after a certain point, one person gets bored of the other, or it's like... okay, what now? We've kissed, been intimate, shared all of our secrets, we've seen a million movies and taken a million walks, exchanged gifts and reached all the milestones and now... what? Do all this again and again for the rest of our lives, maybe with the addition of a pet and a kid or two?

I know some relationships really do last, but that seems to be the exception. And I know there's the whole debate about whether or not humans are meant to be monogamous, but assuming we are, well... can we even assume we are? It just seems like the concept of romantic love and lasting love is mostly a bunch of bullshit based on short-lived intense feelings of infatuation mixed with lust (and in some cases based solely on lust) and then that dies and what is left? Friendship with some sex thrown in here and there, sometimes good and sometimes perfunctory?

Just pondering.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against long-term monogamy by any means. I want all of that. But it does make me wonder. If I ever find someone for real, I hope I can make it last with him (don't we all?).
I think if two people really want the relationship to last, there's certain requirements: honesty, trust, spontaneity, affection, romance. If both parties can sustain that through their lives, I think it's a great way to keep the relationship firing. :)

Kiwong

Maybe a relationship is a like a big rock group staying together. Change the relationship around a bit, like a successful rock group changes styles with each album. Or stick to what works best like entertaining children for example the Wiggles. Maybe think of new and interesting names for the relationship, such as "Hi home, I'm honey. Remember that relationships are like biscuits, they are fresh when opened, but go stale after a while and can crack a denture or two if they are ginger biscuits.

Srijita52

I hate being in my hometown, people are so closed minded and gossipy. They just get on my nerve. Reminds me why I'm so glad to be out of here.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I hate being in my hometown, people are so closed minded and gossipy. They just get on my nerve. Reminds me why I'm so glad to be out of here.

Yeah, I'm trapped in my hometown. There's nothing worse than bumping into someone who you went to high school with. Good for you for being able to get out of there.

Srijita52

Yeah, I'm trapped in my hometown. There's nothing worse than bumping into someone who you went to high school with. Good for you for being able to get out of there.

I know how you feel, small town, full of smaller minded people. Gets to me too, but hang in there.:thumbup:

Thanks guys. I went to a highschool reunion. I thought it'd be good to meet the old classmates. What I didn't realise though is that they never grew up, they're still the same immature teenagers they were in highschool.

Kiwong

Yes, a hometown can feel uncomfortably small, when everyone seems to know you, and your mental illness.

Whenever I looked at my life a mere few years ago, at least I could say I was improving slowly. Now, I'm just getting progressively worse.

Motivation has always been the key. No matter how badly things sucked, there was always something to look forward to at the end of the day. But now, there's just nothing.. Everything feels hollow and devoid of joy or relief.

What were escapes at first, now feel like distractions and a waste of time. And I don't think I can change it back regardless of how hard I try, I'm growing more dead on the inside with every passing week.

BlueWeepingRose

Lately I've been wondering how come certain people will go to others whenever they're suffering or in pain.... but when someone goes to them they refuse to hear what they have to say.... it seems kind of unfair in my opinion. This happened to me recently: I helped out a friend online and was there for them when they were at they're worst. Than I went to them when I was upset... and they kept trying to avoid the topic at hand... I don't get people sometimes...

Last edited:

Steiner

Lately I've been wondering how come certain people will go to others whenever they're suffering or in pain.... but when someone goes to them they refuse to hear what they have to say.... it seems kind of unfair in my opinion. This happened to me recently: I helped out a friend online and was there for them when they were at they're worst. Than I went to them when I was upset... and they kept trying to avoid the topic at hand... I don't get people sometimes...

People are selfish.

Hungry.

MollyBeGood

^ Looks they were considering going their separate ways in this album

LOL!!Kiwong!!
What a scary woman! Her mouth is huge...like something out of a nightmare. I read she left him soon after he had some very bad health news too. I remember that was the first song I ever liked at like 2 yrs old or something(love will keep us together) it's even a damn cover song that they made their mill off of.