Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

Really want to sleep but I need to waste a few more hours. For some reason my recently changed bed sheets smell like tobacco so I can't sleep in them. I don't think my mum has spare clean sheets. Already put those near a window but it's going to take a while. I don't feel like doing anything else, I just want to sleep, but I can't fall asleep without sheets because my skin and nose feel weird.

Kiwong

Does the day lull? You are stronger than I! I'm already fantasizing about tomorrow morning's first cup... Typing this as I tick/gnash my teeth.:kickingmyself:

I get energy crashes and withdrawal headaches. But the lightness of thought and body is brilliant.

So basically vegetarians are responsible for saving Hitler? I knew those guys couldn't be trusted.
^ Lol :bigsmile:

I think we were meant to sleep much longer then modern society allows. It's so frustrating that we can't just let ourselves wake up everyday when our natural body clock says we have slept enough. :thumbdown:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Huvin' a hard time comin' tae terms with the fact that ma health has slowly gotten over the last 15 years - due to my cerebral palsy. Quite sad to actually acknowledge that fact. :crying: Crap! Ah need summit to cheer me up - distract ma mind fae the depressive reality of ma existence. :sad:

Part of my dream last night was about a middle-aged woman who is a friend of mine (she was actually a mentor of sorts in high school). I care very much about her and her husband - or at least I used to, but sometimes she can be a little rude to me (unintentionally, I think) and it makes me wonder if I should keep in touch with her after all. But anyway, the dream was that she had shown up at my house suddenly and told my mother that after she talked to me privately she would take my little brother and sister out for a while to give my mother a break (which was weird, because my mother barely knows her).

So we went upstairs to another room. I was holding a kitten that seemed more like a very fluffy puppy (it was adorable too, I still remember how soft it was). She sat on the bed and told me she and her husband had divorced. I was shocked. She implied something like he said that she couldn't satisfy him in bed any more, and she was fed up. So they got divorced, and then she had a fling with a much younger guy (like no older than 22), which I distinctly remember assuming was to make herself feel better about her sexual abilities. And then I don't remember the rest of the dream, although there was more, less weird stuff.

Where oh where does my subconscious come up with this stuff? O____O

Ithior

I will start with the question, in case you don't want to read this whole thing: am I the only one who finds most topics interesting when I think about learning about them, but I'm never interested enough to continue studying it after the short online course is over?

After I finish my Intro to Psychology, Chemistry and Physics this month I think I'll start Intro to Biology and Astronomy. I should probably pick something else, or I might try getting the courage to look for a part time job. I had in mind buying an organ and learn how to play it, but I feel bad when there's one in my sister's room (she doesn't know where the transformer is, and since my grandma is sleeping there I don't want to go look around for it, so I can't play it). Another option is brushing up on maths since there's a lot of it that I just learned for exams and then totally forgot.

Other options that I have in my mind are learning how to draw, ceramics (don't see how though, no idea about materials and stuff like that, probably can't even do at home), cooking and marine science. If you have any other suggestions, go ahead.

Taden

When I saw these posts I became interested and my random thoughts, less random.

I always feel like there is a huge gap between what people say and what they actually mean

I think that's because of the subtle different meanings each word holds to an individual. Language is fluid and changes a lot between person to person in meaning depending on personal experiences and religious and pop culture. My thought is that that may be why there is a lot of anxious people in the world now, because more population density normally means more difficulty communicating and more embarrassing predicaments? That's just my thoughts though...

I will start with the question, in case you don't want to read this whole thing: am I the only one who finds most topics interesting when I think about learning about them, but I'm never interested enough to continue studying it after the short online course is over?

After I finish my Intro to Psychology, Chemistry and Physics this month I think I'll start Intro to Biology and Astronomy. I should probably pick something else, or I might try getting the courage to look for a part time job. I had in mind buying an organ and learn how to play it, but I feel bad when there's one in my sister's room (she doesn't know where the transformer is, and since my grandma is sleeping there I don't want to go look around for it, so I can't play it). Another option is brushing up on maths since there's a lot of it that I just learned for exams and then totally forgot.

Other options that I have in my mind are learning how to draw, ceramics (don't see how though, no idea about materials and stuff like that, probably can't even do at home), cooking and marine science. If you have any other suggestions, go ahead.

Seems like you have an active mind =] I can relate. I have a personal passion for Theoretical Astrophysics, Biology, and many other sciences and social sciences. But I have never once wanted to study them in an official class setting. There is much more freedom in taking your own educational path and studying what truly inspires you and causes fascination.

Kiwong

I always feel like there is a huge gap between what people say and what they actually mean

I agree. People often conceal what they really mean. What they say to you, is very different to what they will say about you to someone else, when they think you can't hear.

I agree. People often conceal what they really mean. What they say to you, is very different to what they will say about you to someone else, when they think you can't hear.

True. But then there are the people who don't hide their dislike of you, to the point where they are rude to you. Would you consider that better than being nice to your face and gossiping about you? (honest question). Personally I think it makes me more anxious when they are outright rude, but then concealing it only for it to come out in passive aggressive behavior (it always does) can make you confused and paranoid.

Kiwong

True. But then there are the people who don't hide their dislike of you, to the point where they are rude to you. Would you consider that better than being nice to your face and gossiping about you? (honest question). Personally I think it makes me more anxious when they are outright rude, but then concealing it only for it to come out in passive aggressive behavior (it always does) can make you confused and paranoid.

I think both direct and indirect are probably as bad and can cause a lot of damage and pain.

Like you, I find the people who openly dislike me, and to be openly critical to be very frightening, and damaging. The one person who took this to the point of screaming in my ear, damaged my health worse than anyone has. That was like a physical trauma to me.

But then there is the background gossip going on, and that makes me feel like I am sinking without a voice in this. Like a circle of anger and disapproval that surrounds me and makes even the things I enjoy seem redundant.

I think it is the overheard gossip that really eats away at me, and makes me despair.

Ithior

I don't know why my mum keeps ordering pizza from the same place. It costs the same as anywhere else, the quality is slightly lower, and they take twice the time to deliver. Other places take 20 to 40 minutes, these guys constantly take an hour to get it here. I know my cousin works there but that's no excuse for settling for a lousy service.

Today their excuse was that they took longer because they went shopping at the supermarket and there was a big line there. Why would you even go shopping when you have a pizza to deliver? The pizza is already cold when they get here.

GhastlyCC

My "best friend" is constantly trying to sabotage any efforts I make towards anything good.

It probably sounds a bit paranoid,but it's the truth.
He makes it so blatantly obvious that he wants me to fail at everything.