Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

Some dude at the health food store recommended drinking it through a straw so the acidic vinegar doesn't wash over your teeth but I think eating right after taking it would take care of that.
Yeah I saw that on a website but I didn't have a straw with me today so I washed my teeth right after drinking it. I think that's my best option since my dentist already says my teeth are a bit weak because my saliva is too acidic.

Ithior

Can't do anything past 7pm because I only have a small desk lamp in my room. The one on the ceiling has some sort of wire issue so changing the bulb won't fix it. Then my mum put one of those tall lamps in my room but the light was kinda weak. That bulb went out a few days ago. All I have now is a small desk lamp but I can't keep it on for too long or the bulb will burn out as well. I can't do anything because the light is too weak, so I can't concentrate. All I can do is watch videos and play games. I tried studying when the tall lamp was still good but I would get sleepy pretty fast, so I'm guessing it's even worse now.

My mum doesn't want to call an electrician because she doesn't know a cheap one. She thinks two desk lamps are good enough to properly light my entire bedroom.

Last edited:

anomicdeer

Feel like I have automatic, unwanted boundaries because I never meet people that aren't uncomfortable with the fact that I am a loser single mother living with my mother...
So I have no luck even if the person is nice enough to be a friend to me.

After reading Neuromancer... what the **** did I just read?

I suppose I know the basic outline. But the details are... hazy. APPARENTLY Gibson writes masterfully and has a certain style that is supposed to be amazing, but as some reviewers on Goodreads said, he gives too much setting detail and his descriptions are bizarre. I suppose science fiction is bizarre, though, and his story is bizarre in general.

Being an English major feels like a lot of guessing, over-analyzing - pulling crap out of your rear, basically, and as long as it's the same crap the majority of the "scholars" pulled out of theirs, you're golden. Golden crap.

Sorry for the crude metaphor.

Ithior

I think I finally chose the right field of study for me. I've been doing online classes on the subject, and when I'm doing the projects I can stay focused for long periods of time even if I'm always getting to dead ends, and I don't even feel the hours pass by.
Took me over a year after graduating to find it, and I had some luck too. I saw this internship offer that really interested me, eventually I was rejected but it opened my eyes to this field of study. If I hadn't seen that offer I probably would still be thinking about what to do as a career.

Only downside is that people think it is boring. Every time I tell someone about it they say "Ewww... You like that?" with a disgusted look on their face.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Sorry, ah wasted yer time - ah guess it's no' worth makin' an effort anymair?

Yer gonnae miss me when ah finally go - sadly, ah cannae say ah'll feel tha same way aboot you.

anomicdeer

Forgot what I was going to say but I'm sure it was about something I've already...

Oooh wait it was about how depressed I am to keep up with language learning...

anomicdeer

You thought you would be disappointment but it turns out you are the one disappointed. At least I feel that way. Maybe that's it. Maybe I am the disappointed one. I can't control my feelings and now it's ruining me again. I'm nothing. I'm unattractive in many ways.

anomicdeer

The only thing I get right these days is that I know when someone will stop talking to me after I mention I'm black and/or state that I'm a single mother...

Ithior

The only thing I get right these days is that I know when someone will stop talking to me after I mention I'm black and/or state that I'm a single mother...

I'm actually somewhat curious about your whole situation but the reason I did not reply to your other thread (about someone to chat with) is because I can't offer you any advice, and because I don't think we share any interests (that goes for most if not all people in this forum, not just you). I'm also not a very chatty person.

If you still want to talk regardless of all that, I'd be glad to lend an ear.

Ithior

My point has been proven...

How so? It's not because of the reasons you stated. I'm just aware not many people are into my interests and I can tell from my experience here that the conversation will likely grow stale after a few hours of chatting.

Rawz

Post-movie depression. I thought/hoped I'd outgrow it. Of course I thought a lot of things would have changed by the time I was an adult.

P+G

I also expected a lot of things to change once I grew up. I think I expected too much and often failed to see the little changes which really helped me grow.

S_Spartan

So here it is folks: the people who will be the happiest in life are the people who are best at lieing to themselves. I'm convinced that life reqires it or else a person will go insane!
Happiness requires a certain amount of ignorance.

This course I'm taking looks like it's going to be difficult. It's science fiction lit and globalization but the professor seems to be treating it like a grad course - the concepts are way too complicated. He strongly weaves his own Marxist views in everything. We're going to have a critical research paper and I am very concerned about him expecting way too much, and someone who took another class with him said you have to write like a Marxist to please him. WTF

Last edited:

Hoppy

10996581_10152738568241589_1952466760269480945_n.jpg