Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

^whoa, an elevator dropping would be a very horrifying one to have. :sad:
My bad dreams are always one of two reoccurring themes.
I am either running away or driving (speeding) away from someone trying to attack me, or in a house where a tornado/bad storm rips the house apart bit by bit.
Nothing else they are just either one of those two subjects. :/

Whenever I have a rare day that is not too bad, it makes me nervous. I then have a constant fear that something is going to go wrong.

My one recurring dream is a tornado

Why can't I SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP? I am tired but my brain WILL NOT SHUT OFF. UGHGDJFSDFJDSLKFJLSK

...it's also thundering and lightning out, and it just got pretty loud (not the reason I couldn't sleep, although that may be a problem now too). I don't remember it storming like this in April before, usually not until June I think...?

Why can't I SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP? I am tired but my brain WILL NOT SHUT OFF. UGHGDJFSDFJDSLKFJLSK

...it's also thundering and lightning out, and it just got pretty loud (not the reason I couldn't sleep, although that may be a problem now too). I don't remember it storming like this in April before, usually not until June I think...?
^ I was just going to ask you whether you are up very late or woken up very early.

I close my eyes and imagine I am on a beautiful tropical Island swimming in water so clear, the temperature is just perfect and there is a table on the beach with all of my favourite foods on it waiting for when I have finished swimming. There is a waterfall off to the side and the sound of it is loud enough for me to hear.

This manages to make my mind at least concentrate on being in this great situation and stops the merry-go-round of the frustration from not being able to get to sleep stopping me from actually "switching off".
Have you tried something like this before?

It frustrating when people with self destructive behaviour consistently and stubbornly don't listen to your warnings. Knowing full well when the duke hits the fan, you'll be the one to clean up the mess.

:/

My sister uses her Facebook like a diary, she posts every introspective thought that goes through her head and I don't know what she's thinking when she does that. I used to sometimes post stuff like that like about five years ago until I realized how pathetic it looked and how NO ONE WANTS TO READ THAT SHIT. Your 300+ acquaintances don't care if you've resolved to look out for yourself and forget the haters, it's too much information and they're rolling their eyes. Save that for close friends to complain to, why do people use social media like a confessional???

Now a forum like this, that's different ;) As long as you're not too whiny...

^ I was just going to ask you whether you are up very late or woken up very early.

I close my eyes and imagine I am on a beautiful tropical Island swimming in water so clear, the temperature is just perfect and there is a table on the beach with all of my favourite foods on it waiting for when I have finished swimming. There is a waterfall off to the side and the sound of it is loud enough for me to hear.

This manages to make my mind at least concentrate on being in this great situation and stops the merry-go-round of the frustration from not being able to get to sleep stopping me from actually "switching off".
Have you tried something like this before?

Up both very late and very early? :p I was sort of asleep for a couple hours and then woke up around 4 am and was up for a while. I'm sure you needed that information :p

Sometimes the visualizing thing helps, sometimes it doesn't, depending. What DOESN'T help is that I'm stuck sharing a room with two cats while my other cat is adjusting to their presence (it isn't working), and they're both males and around 5 am or so EVERY SINGLE MORNING they do this chase each other around the room and hiss thing which is supposedly playing but also gets territorial. I'm a light sleeper, literally any noise can wake me up, so it's driving me insane.

But that had nothing to do with last night because they didn't wake me up last night :D

S_Spartan

you've resolved to look out for yourself and forget the haters

No social media for me, but I can totally imagine someone writing that on there. I bet that sentiment gets written on FB/Twitter at least 1000 times a day!

Now a forum like this, that's different ;)

I was gonna say! ;)
I use this forum like a thought dump....lol

My brother victimizes himself and then tries to put the blame and the frustrations onto my mother and me, but in his self pity he can't see that we're all struggling keeping it together. The only difference is that we have the decency to keep it to ourselves.

I'm practically a shadow in this house that does nothing but upkeep this place. Not two weeks ago I installed all sorts of fire/first aid safety equipment, but I guess that sort of thing doesn't matter. My mother does nothing but work all day to provide for for him and his dead beat girlfriend. How dare he.

Last edited:

Kaekae

It's such a gorgeous, sunny day and I'd love to take a walk to meet him from work but I just can't face it. I got myself dressed as I felt like I could manage but I. Just. Can't.

AlienGeranium

I've been talking to myself a bit more lately. And not the nice conversational calm down talking, more of the "AHH FDHKLBAJ SHUT UP" talking.

MollyBeGood

I love the rain. It suits my mood. I should move somewhere more Pacific Northwesty. Living in a high desert for the last 3 yrs has been an experience but I really need to be somewhere the humidity gets above 20%. Everyday it is at 20%....too dry for me...plus it's almost 7000 feet elevations, the sun is hotter and more intense. Then the wind blows a lot too, sometimes a good 60mph. Talk about drying! Can't wait to move! I grew up in a humid climate, I get to missing it. Don't miss the mold and bugs that grow easier though. Ha you just can't win I guess.

Ithior

I love the rain. It suits my mood. I should move somewhere more Pacific Northwesty. Living in a high desert for the last 3 yrs has been an experience but I really need to be somewhere the humidity gets above 20%. Everyday it is at 20%....too dry for me...plus it's almost 7000 feet elevations, the sun is hotter and more intense. Then the wind blows a lot too, sometimes a good 60mph. Talk about drying! Can't wait to move! I grew up in a humid climate, I get to missing it. Don't miss the mold and bugs that grow easier though. Ha you just can't win I guess.

Humidity here is pretty high. Here's a graph of average humidity per day:
humidyear.png

Argentum

Windows PowerShell is so ugly and awkward it's part of why I'm a Linux convert.

Why?

Why is this happening to me?

Last edited:

Argentum

I did it

NOBODY WAS RIGHT

NOBODY WAS RIGHT

The help file and Microsoft's official support site were both wrong in different ways

That is why I worked for over AN HOUR

#YOLOtroubleshooting

My God I am fantastic

Just a majestic beast of brains and wit

Look at me