Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Oh man, what the Hell..

This is the ad that is currently on my screen as of writing this.

CDQ_aUaVEAAjizC.png:large

These sort of ads are going to end me up on some sort of watchlist, for Pete's sake. :giggle:

Kiwong

I went to a workshop, our manager requested we take time to mix with and talk with people we don't know. Fat chance of that. I gave a talk to over 30 people. I was kindly excused from the afternoon session, when we were going to be split into groups with people we were unfamiliar with. Does anyone realise how fearful that is for an anxiety sufferer?

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Oh man, what the Hell..

This is the ad that is currently on my screen as of writing this.

CDQ_aUaVEAAjizC.png:large

These sort of ads are going to end me up on some sort of watchlist, for Pete's sake. :giggle:

that's just... weird. I mean the women are gorgeous.. but wth is there a kid doing in the same ad??

that's just... weird. I mean the women are gorgeous.. but wth is there a kid doing in the same ad??

It's one of those adaptive ads that show different shopping items based on an algorithm that calculates what you might like/need. It put together a really unfortunate selection.

I sometimes buy underwear online from the store in question, but I haven't a clue why it's displaying lady/child clothing. Even less so within the same ad. Their algorithm must be super faulty. :eek:mg::giggle:

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Gearing up for a big weekend of sex, drugs and rock n roll!

..minus the sex.. drugs... and rock n roll..

/sigh...

This is cool, if a little morbid in a fictional way.

The Sound and the Fury's fictional character Quentin Compson committed suicide by drowning himself in the Charles River while attending Harvard. There is actually a plaque on one of the bridges over the Charles, in Cambridge, as a nod to Faulkner's character. I feel like I need to go visit it now since it's right near me :p

File:QuentinCompsonPlaque.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Why doesn't the /IMG thing work anymore?

Usually colds start in your head and move to your chest, right? Second time this year it's gone the other way around. Bad cough then stuffy head and cough disappears.

MollyBeGood

I went to a workshop, our manager requested we take time to mix with and talk with people we don't know. Fat chance of that. I gave a talk to over 30 people. I was kindly excused from the afternoon session, when we were going to be split into groups with people we were unfamiliar with. Does anyone realise how fearful that is for an anxiety sufferer?

That sounds awful. Good for you that you got through a speech to 30 people. I would feel like I had just swam the rubicon if I could do that with much success.
:thumbup::thumbup:

In answer to your question, people in general probably give little to no thought to the challenges of those with anxiety. I often think all those activities are intended to single us out and make us a spectacle, but then I suppose that is just me being paranoid...

"All MBTA services are free on Friday, April 24, 2015. Thank you for your patience and loyalty throughout the winter."

Well THANKS, Massachusetts Transportation Authority! You're so benevolent. Can I have the extra $0.60 you've been charging me since last year as well? Much appreciated.

Ithior

Reddit is the worst. It has a bigger group mentality issue than even YouTube does.

I sometimes go there because it's a nice place to read about basketball news, but it's an awful place to participate in. Everyone is concerned about downvotes and upvotes or whatever, and getting gold or whatever that is. Everyone can see your previous posts as well. In that regard I have to say I prefer 4chan, it's anonymous and no one cares about reputation.

Kiwong

That sounds awful. Good for you that you got through a speech to 30 people. I would feel like I had just swam the rubicon if I could do that with much success.
:thumbup::thumbup:

In answer to your question, people in general probably give little to no thought to the challenges of those with anxiety. I often think all those activities are intended to single us out and make us a spectacle, but then I suppose that is just me being paranoid...

It's funny that I can be OK talking to groups, it's one on one communication that scares me most. With groups they are at a distance, one on one is more in your face.

I think you are right, they seem to be judging social skills, and to single out people who don't perform in those situations as different or underperforming.