Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I bought this package of 5 canvas for very cheap to do some experiments and now I'm all excited to start making a huge mess in my living room.

Oil painting, maple syrup coffee and rain for the next 3 days ... :thumbup:

The cold medicine I took is making me feel like I'm high on something. I'm not complaining.
^ um....could you please post the brand name of that cold medicine please Opal? :shyness:

I hate it when a supervisor who obviously hates her job takes her misery out on the workers under her by inflicting various passive aggressive behaviours on them. For some reason I no longer give her opinion of anyone any credit anymore though. :thinking:

MollyBeGood

It's snowing outside, big, fat, wet Spring snow flakes. We have about 6 inches now! It will probably all be melted by Sunday. I am enjoying it now. Staying in, warm house with hot coco and a sleeping dog beside me, snoring. Marathon watching all seasons of Six Feet Under, what a great show. I missed it. Weird how a really good show can be like an old friend that way. Parts of it still make me cry, too. I think I have watched it all the way through 3 times now. It's great too because it reminds you have how fragile life is, with every episode starting off with someone dying some strange way usually. Strange but so easy, so many ways we can die, but we don't. Kind of a miracle, really.

squidgee

Reddit is the worst. It has a bigger group mentality issue than even YouTube does.

Have you been to the forums at bodybuilding.com? There are worst online communities. Reddit can be awful at times, but at least maintains an air of civility most of the time in the less controversial subreddits. (I don't actively participate in the Reddit community, but I do read stuff there occasionally).

Last edited:

anomicdeer

Omg...
Looks like people here came with another person. Now I'm gonna feel left out. I was 't even expecting to bond with these people or anything but ugh, there is always something to start up my anxiety *cries inside* I hope these people are nice...

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
^I do lol. Usually when I buy chocolate it's not because I want to eat it, it's because I think it's beautiful (!?), so I just admire it, eat a little piece and then forget about it for the next 6 months.

This one has been standing there alone only since 2-3 months though

410x445_100gExcelMadagascar_Product.png

anomicdeer

I can proudly be wrong on THIS situation. Apparently they are hiring me and this will be better than what the pet store is giving me.

Now...
I just have to make sure I pass the lifeguarding course. That's my worry now.
:eek:mg:

Xervello

I can proudly be wrong on THIS situation. Apparently they are hiring me and this will be better than what the pet store is giving me.

Now...
I just have to make sure I pass the lifeguarding course. That's my worry now.
:eek:mg:

Congrats!

Lifeguarding, eh. If there's CPR involved can I be your practice dummy? :shyness:

Deco

Studies Link Social Anxiety To High IQs, Empathetic Ability, & Sentinel Intelligence | Spirit Science and Metaphysics

People with SA linked to having higher intelligence. This was an interesting read. I have often felt like people who do well in the world today are dull mentally and it is why they can excel more.

This article reminds me of another from the same website about the link between having SA and actually being more
empathic than most people.
Sometimes I notice this at work... some of the loners and more reserved people are very talented, and more effective for some tasks, like the ones that require a lot of detailing.
But at the same time, I think it doesn't mean they don't care about others. They're just more focused and may actually be more empathic than most people think, it's just they have a hard time dealing with their feelings.
Some of them may have been bullied for being smarter than other kids and have this mindset like a confort zone.