Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

One of my high school teachers told us never to take taxis in Mexico (I think that was the lesson) because he was mugged that way. He got in a taxi and ended up being threatened with a screwdriver that had been filed to a point and had to give them his wallet, and then they dumped him in the middle of the desert and took off. I don't remember how the story ended but I do remember that part.

o_O

...that could happen anywhere, though... I mean unless this sort of thing is known to happen frequently in Mexico specifically but you're always taking a risk taking a taxi anywhere... right?

Last edited:
One of my high school teachers told us never to take taxis in Mexico (I think that was the lesson) because he was mugged that way. He got in a taxi and ended up being threatened with a screwdriver that had been filed to a point and had to give them his wallet, and then they dumped him in the middle of the desert and took off. I don't remember how the story ended but I do remember that part.

o_O

...then the taxi driver drove to the hardware store to buy himself a new, fully-functional screwdriver. The End.

:p

Last edited:

S_Spartan

I bet the rain is coming in the window and getting on the woodwork, I should probably care about that, but it sounds so nice and its good to get some fresh air in this bedroom for a change.

AlienGeranium

Two people I know who like casual sex and have had a lot of partners (although one denies it's casual but that's not true considering what she's told me) have both said at some point "I just have a ridiculously high sex drive." I mean... maybe that's true. And they are free to do whatever they please, and I haven't said anything because it isn't my place. But I personally wouldn't do it and have mixed feelings about whether that sort of behavior is okay or not.

To me, the "high sex drive" line sounds like a rationalization because they feel bad about their behavior. Most young people have a relatively high sex drive, and from what I recall reading somewhere, women with above-average sex drives are very uncommon.

I hope this isn't too adult for the random thoughts thread :rolleyes:

Is it specific reasons people might have for having casual sex that bothers you, or the whole idea? I mean I'm a guy, so maybe it's different, but I have a below average sex drive I feel even having a below average sex drive, if I didn't have a girlfriend but there was someone I was attracted to but didn't want to date (no future, too busy, not looking for commitment, etc) then I'd be fine hooking up once and a while. Maybe it's different because I'm a guy, but I feel like there shouldn't be any shame in enjoying yourself with another person without a relationship. If you're not interested in it yourself I think that's fine too, but it feels like it'd be similar to like, not having interest in hockey. Some people are, and while you don't see the appeal, there's no real problems with it either.

MollyBeGood

I am posting on here too much today. Is there a limit to how many posts?

I am so bored, and frustrated...sorry to bore you guys with my posts.

Is it specific reasons people might have for having casual sex that bothers you, or the whole idea? I mean I'm a guy, so maybe it's different, but I have a below average sex drive I feel even having a below average sex drive, if I didn't have a girlfriend but there was someone I was attracted to but didn't want to date (no future, too busy, not looking for commitment, etc) then I'd be fine hooking up once and a while. Maybe it's different because I'm a guy, but I feel like there shouldn't be any shame in enjoying yourself with another person without a relationship. If you're not interested in it yourself I think that's fine too, but it feels like it'd be similar to like, not having interest in hockey. Some people are, and while you don't see the appeal, there's no real problems with it either.

I wrote a long post about possible evolutionary reasons a lot of people might still be opposed to the idea, but I realized that's stupid because if we no longer need to worry about the issues that casual sex/multiple partners can cause (uncertain of father, STIs, etc.), there can't really be a moral reason to oppose it. If there is, someone should mention it, because I can't think of one. So I guess I don't really have an argument for why it should be wrong for anyone to do, I just personally don't like the idea and wouldn't do it.

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

I actually ate sour cream and onion Pringles instead :shyness:

...I know, the horror.

oh yeah those are yummy, and easier to 'make".

Woody said, from the doc "Ethos" there's blood and puss in sour cream anyways-omg so gross!!! Yes, I get all of my dietary advice form him.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
3:55 am - aaaaaaaaaaaaand my circadian rhythm is right back where I like it.

sesame4bats.jpg

squidgee

If you knew the person you were talking to had social anxiety, and they knew that you had it too, would that make the conversation easier/less awkward? Or would it just be a very awkward and long silence. I always imagine (maybe incorrectly) that if I was put in that scenario we'd probably end up talking about social anxiety woes together.

Recently it's been very hot so I had my cooling fan on almost constantly for a week, but one of my cats is very uncomfortable with the fan, so she stops going into my room when it's on. Today is the first day I can have it off without melting.

It's funny how much I'll miss her when she's merely in another room for a few days. Attachment and affection is a crazy thing.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Recently it's been very hot so I had my cooling fan on almost constantly for a week, but one of my cats is very uncomfortable with the fan, so she stops going into my room when it's on. Today is the first day I can have it off without melting.

It's funny how much I'll miss her when she's merely in another room for a few days. Attachment and affection is a crazy thing.

My boy-cat is very shaggy and long-haired. He prefers colder temperatures. On warmer nights he tends to sleep on the linoleum floor because that's where it's coolest. On more than one occasion I've turned the AC on at night just so that he will sleep on the bed next to me.

AtTheGates

Banned
its ridiculous when people emphasize the worst things about you while down-playing all your GOOD qualities and then they wonder why you're so unfriendly.....I dont ENJOY being distant and aloof...I dont think ANYONE does....but its like im ALWAYS judged by people for EVERY little thing...no benefit of the doubt...no empathy....no nothing....so i'd rather avoid people whenever I get the ****ing chance.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
its ridiculous when people emphasize the worst things about you while down-playing all your GOOD qualities and then they wonder why you're so unfriendly.....I dont ENJOY being distant and aloof...I dont think ANYONE does....but its like im ALWAYS judged by people for EVERY little thing...no benefit of the doubt...no empathy....no nothing....so i'd rather avoid people whenever I get the ****ing chance.

Hear, hear !