Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I sometimes wonder if another intelligent species out there has ever looked out of their equivalent Hubble telescope and discovered Earth as being a water baring and life supporting planet, and are itching to get research and technology to a point where they can pay it a visit.

S_Spartan

I sometimes wonder if another intelligent species out there has ever looked out of their equivalent Hubble telescope and discovered Earth as being a water baring and life supporting planet, and are itching to get research and technology to a point where they can pay it a visit.

You need to call Art Bell's radio show with that thought.

Ithior

I don't know how to properly explain this, but I have noticed that I am much more aware of what I am supposed to do in challenges (in video games for example). For example, I was watching some midnight show on TV where there were 25 small drawings of a crocodile and you had to find which one was different (then you had to call the show to win money). As soon as I looked at a row of these, I knew what I had to look for: the one with a missing leg. I just knew that they would remove the leg. And just like that, I found the different picture even before the countdown for the calls began.

Another example is Saints Row 4, where you have to hack into stores by completing a puzzle (this is what it looks like). You have to connect the two lines (left one to right one), using the pieces to the right and avoiding the Xs. When I had to hack into a store, I'd know exactly which path I had to create based on the position of the Xs and the fact that the difficulty increased slightly from one puzzle to the next. I was able to complete all puzzles (except one) on my first try without even looking at the pieces I could use.

Maybe these were just very easy challenges and I'm not that special.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Everytime I try to grow something, it dies lol. I am not so great with plants, but I want to be. Although I haven't really grown anything myself, I can agree that local organic is the best.

All you need to do is ask TGGG.

What's TGGG you say? Why it's the all wise and powerful Google gardening god..

Answers for everything :thumbup:

Ithior

Now that I got most of the books I need for next year, I wanted to start studying right now to get ahead of the class. However, there are so many books that I don't know where to start. In one of the classes, the programme is way too vague:
- combinatorial optimization
- exact methods (dynamic programming)
- heuristic methods (constructive heuristics, local search, metaheuristics)
That's all it says.

Anyway, I should also work on photocopying the 4 books I haven't found yet and starting to drive again. Haven't done it in like 2 years and I'll need to drive to uni and back starting in September. It's a short drive but I don't feel confident.

anomicdeer

I'm sure people that don't have children love not having one and are so grateful for it more than people who want children but don't have any out of choice even.

I was so free when he was away for two weeks even though I missed him. I hate that his dad is nothing. More nothing than I am/feel. He doesnt do shit and he is such a **** up but has it better. Its not fair but I was stupid so I guess he does deserve not having to take care of his child and for it to be nothing like it is with any male.

I hate that he's developmentally delayed and I'm embarrassed of him when I ever bring him around strangers and especially other children.

Every one else can just go out and do what ever...

anomicdeer

Wow, you always have money for cigs but cant even pay attention to the gas you need. If you even are telling the truth.

Can't even manage your money right. I'd be glad to have that sort of income and wouldn't waste it like that.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Been away for 2 years or so - anyone who recognizes this lemur fancy a PM my way. Or wall post. Can't say I'll be checking this often weird coming back. Hope ppl are well this can be a great place.

anomicdeer

I feel like once I get attached and try to enjoy liking someone or try to believe they like having me in their life, something gives me doubts all over again. It doesn't matter what I do or say, I'm gonna be screwed and wrong.

Whenever I sit on the edge of my seat this happens. The problem is that she does it super silently, so when I scoot back into the seat proper.. it creates some awkwardness.

Sometimes she'll even put her back paws all over back when I'm playing a game as if I'm some sort of wall. It's like being on a bus or aeroplane all the time.

CLpp_ApUwAAgkaW.jpg:large

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Yesterday for some reason I had this weird song stuck in my head all day..

You know the song from Rebecca Black 'Friday'?
I seen on YouTube a version of that but it was 'Sunday, Sunday, gotta go to church on Sunday!'.. lol.

Yup, round and round my head all freaking day..