Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Finish (or alter) the list:

The top 5 worse states to be in at any given time:

1. Heartbroken
2. Hungover
3. ...pregnant? (joke... although I suppose it could apply)
Alrighty then.

1. Heartbroken
2. Week long consecutive migraine
3. Mega-pregnant
4. Depressed at crunch time
5. Out of brownies

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Finish (or alter) the list:

1. Heartbroken
2. Hungover
3. ...pregnant? (joke... although I suppose it could apply)

1. Dying
2. Sick
3. Seasick
4. Hungover
5. all of the above at the same time

I absolutely cannot stand The Fray. Maybe partly because they remind me of particularly depressing high school moments, but I also just hate his voice and their songs are so overly sentimental I want to vomit.

Ithior

I might have to leave the country a few years after I finish my master's. I mean, there are job opportunities in my area but you won't earn nearly as much as you would if you were doing the same job in another country. I'll see how things go. I'm not a greedy person so I don't need to be rich, but I'd like to be financially comfortable.

Ithior

Can't find any law that says who can use restrooms for people with disabilities. I want to know if a person with paruresis can use those. From what I found it is legal in the USA, but I don't live there. I think everyone thinks those bathrooms are for people with physical disabilities, and they don't understand how bad and painful paruresis can be at times.

Oh, no. No no no.

That new series Mr. Robot is cool, and the fact that they're portraying a protagonist with social anxiety is a cool idea (because it's underrepresented in popular culture except to mock quiet/awkward/insecure people, and because, well, SA is ****ing boring, it's not romanticized like depression and schizophrenia, etc.).

However, while I am aware that the severity of the anxiety varies from person to person and depends upon the situation/activity, I think it's safe to say that most socially anxious people struggle with conversation. I'm sure there are many exceptions, but by the issue's very nature it only makes sense this would be the case, and if you're going to make a protagonist of a TV show have some kind of disorder/emotional issue, you would want to make him a typical case, no? You can't say he has social anxiety and then have him walking up to strangers and slickly informing them he has dirt on them and can ruin their life if they don't do A or B, without breaking eye contact, voice perfectly even and composed, facial expression confident.

They're portraying him as strange and nonconformist, someone on the fringes of society (it is cyberpunk after all), depressed, a drug user, and a psychotherapy patient. And he mentions (more than once) that he is socially anxious. Okay, so he has mental issues, we get it. But honestly, do some actual research on SA next time, it's kind of insulting. He really just looks more like a depressed drug user than anything else. I see no real social problems here.

Last edited:
^ TV has some of the worst representations of subjects, cultures, subcultures and social structures. I hate it too when they aim for sensationalism over authenticity on things that require authentic exposure. It's incredibly frustrating.

And it's nothing new either, I mean, how many people have skewed social perception due to sitcoms and the like dictating it so again and again? Granted, those aren't great references, but given enough correlation between shows it becomes a truth to those that don't know better. The same is true with every subject covered.

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

Apparently the world is ending Sept 23 2015.

That figures! Right when I get my life going better the planet blows from CERN up or gets hit by an asteroid. Perfect. Just perfect. Really awesome.

Ithior

What the hell. My faculty decided to change the number of tuition fees from 4 to 10. The overall value is still the same. They didn't even bother to let people know about this.
I had paid the first of 4 payments already, and with this change I have paid 2.5 of 10. I thought my next payment was only at the end of the year, but now I have to pay the other half of the 3rd by the end of November.

This also makes it harder to arrange things between my parents. Each of them wants to pay half. So my dad was going to pay the 1st and 3rd and my mom was going to pay the 2nd and 4th. But with this change my dad has paid 2.5, and as far as I can tell you can't pay halves (except the one I haven't paid yet). I'll ask my dad if he's ok with paying the remaining half until November.

I hate it when people can't end a conversation.

I always dread the awkward ''Soooo..'' that is then followed by a summary of what we discussed/agreed to in question form. We don't have to be coy about the fact that the conversation has run its course. We're done. It's not rude either. Just end it.

Same thing when somebody offers you something and they follow up your ''No' with ''Are you sure?" three times, making suggestion of other things you may want in between each time.

How hard is this?:
Thing.
Thing.
Y/N
Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Bye.

Last edited:

Ithior

I'm starting to accept the fact that I don't like watching sports. They take too long and there are breaks all the time (this is specially true for sports in America). I like playing sports like basketball and soccer (both in real life and in video games), but I don't particularly enjoy watching them live. Watching a replay is slightly better because the commercial breaks are usually cut off, but it still feels long and boring. I guess I don't like sports when I'm not the one playing.

AtTheGates

Banned
This is extremely interesting. I was put on stimulant medications by my parents when I was a kid and was then medicated with OTHER drugs after I started have negative side effects from taking stimulants for years...watching this documentary almost makes me sick because i never needed to be on ANY medications. I kind of wonder how much different my life would be now if I hadn't gone through bouts of deep depression and other problems basically CAUSED by medications that I never should have been on in the first place....like i wonder if I would have decided to go to college right out of high school with the rest of my peers or if I would have lived a more FULL life by now if it I wasn't given a ****ing chemical lobotomy from ages 9 through 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26e5PqrCePk

This is extremely interesting. I was put on stimulant medications by my parents when I was a kid and was then medicated with OTHER drugs after I started have negative side effects from taking stimulants for years...watching this documentary almost makes me sick because i never needed to be on ANY medications. I kind of wonder how much different my life would be now if I hadn't gone through bouts of deep depression and other problems basically CAUSED by medications that I never should have been on in the first place....like i wonder if I would have decided to go to college right out of high school with the rest of my peers or if I would have lived a more FULL life by now if it I wasn't given a ****ing chemical lobotomy from ages 9 through 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26e5PqrCePk

^That is a very interesting topic. Sad to hear your parents were so careless with giving you potentially harmful medications. Ages 9 through to 20 is unreasonable imo :thumbdown:

Sadly many parents allow life destroying things to be done to their children. There must be a huge number of reasons why, but some of the reasons why they do it really cuts through your heart. :sad:

Well.. I wont bore you to death with details :bigsmile: but I will say this.

I've made huge efforts to improve my SA.
I took a chance and chatted to a pretty woman.
I didn't ask for it, yet she offered me her number.
We have been on quite a few dates recently..

Last weekend was just.. amazing :blushing:
I never thought such a beautiful and amazing woman would ever be interested in me. Yet.. here we are.

I can't be THAT bad after all.. :giggle:

So yea, I realize it's early days, but things are going very well and our time spent together is amazing. I sent her a dozen blood red imported roses (cost me a bloody small fortune lol) but I think it was worth every penny just to see the smile on her face :)
^Congrats on finding someone, PugofCrydee! I hope it continues to work out great for you. : )

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Godammit even when someone is obviously trying to be my friend, I can't shake off the idea that if I start talking to them they will go "ewwww back off I was just being polite!" so I just smile awkwardly, say nothing and avoid eye contact, which probably makes me look like a snob c*nt.

Okay thanks for listening I feel better now.