Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

Is it even possible to eat decently while staying around the daily recommended dose of sugar? Everything has tons of sugar. I've been trying to reduce on sugar and I always choose the stuff with the least sugar possible (greek yoghurt without sugar, light soy milk, the simplest crackers I could find, drinking water only) and I probably still am past the recommended dose before dinner (and I don't eat that much during the day). I guess it's still a big improvement over what I used to do (cow milk, chocolate cereals, ice tea, chocolate and ice cream regularly) but it's still not enough.

It struck me the other day what an outdated concept TV programming is. It's essentially a hoard of playlists that run 24-7, that you need to adjust your life to to enjoy. Kinda like hopping on a slowly moving train that never stops when you've got a teleporter nearby.

Even though there are many higher ups that still clutch to this old system out of habit and fear of change, I'm quite glad more and more producers and networks are co-airing shows to on demand streaming services.

It's a little sad that you can't be assured that you're watching something while the rest of the country or world does too when you stream, but it sure as hell makes it easier and comfortable to follow your shows.

Now if only region locking were to become a thing of the past, I'm pretty much set on my entertainment needs.

Dr. Oliver Sacks has died today So very sad :( He was a wonderful author and by all accounts doctor as well and human being. So caring, understanding, and brilliant.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Always got tae get it your way, don't ye?! It's always about you, innit?
But then ye never give much thought to me an' what ah want. Even when ye do, ye make it about you. :kickingmyself:
An' ye wonder why am miserable, depressed an' dour-faced aw the time...

OH MY GOD a family member tried cocaine. Someone I never ever thought would do something like that. This person seems to be getting out of control in behavior and I don't know what I can do about it - nothing, apparently? I don't want the person to become a drug addict now, already has a drinking problem...

Plus this person witnessed what cocaine did to someone else, and it wasn't pretty.

Last edited:

S_Spartan

My least favorite American platitude is "opportunities are everywhere, you just don't know how to see them."

I swear the next person I hear say that I will punch them in the face! Or better yet, I'll invite them to walk along with me for a few days of my life and show me EXACTLY WHERE I'm missing all these wonderful opportunities.

After three days I can guarantee they will say something like "well, you need to move to a better location."

To which I will respond "Ok, now sponsor me with a $20,000 check so I can move and have time to get established and find my new opportunities!"

Can you imagine the mind**** you would cause them if you asked one of these "opportunities are everywhere" people to actually PROVIDE YOU WITH AN OPPORTUNITY?!?!?!

They would simply get angry and walk away....

</rant>

AlienGeranium

My least favorite American platitude is "opportunities are everywhere, you just don't know how to see them."

I swear the next person I hear say that I will punch them in the face! Or better yet, I'll invite them to walk along with me for a few days of my life and show me EXACTLY WHERE I'm missing all these wonderful opportunities.

After three days I can guarantee they will say something like "well, you need to move to a better location."

To which I will respond "Ok, now sponsor me with a $20,000 check so I can move and have time to get established and find my new opportunities!"

Can you imagine the mind**** you would cause them if you asked one of these "opportunities are everywhere" people to actually PROVIDE YOU WITH AN OPPORTUNITY?!?!?!

They would simply get angry and walk away....

</rant>

I almost feel it's not a comment about opportunities as much as perspective. Because the opportunity to do specific things aren't necessarily everywhere, but life certainly gives us plenty I think. A problem can be seen as an opportunity to overcome a challenge and make one's life better. Waiting for a tow truck to get your broken down car can be an opportunity to enjoy the good weather and cloud gaze. To find a car you've been putting off looking for. I guess I just sort of take to mean that in everything, even the things that seem extra crappy, that's an opportunity buried in there somewhere to make things better or accomplish something.

S_Spartan

I almost feel it's not a comment about opportunities as much as perspective. Because the opportunity to do specific things aren't necessarily everywhere, but life certainly gives us plenty I think. A problem can be seen as an opportunity to overcome a challenge and make one's life better. Waiting for a tow truck to get your broken down car can be an opportunity to enjoy the good weather and cloud gaze. To find a car you've been putting off looking for. I guess I just sort of take to mean that in everything, even the things that seem extra crappy, that's an opportunity buried in there somewhere to make things better or accomplish something.

When I hear people say this it's always about some financial/career gain.