Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Life hurts.
^Yes, certainly does. :sad:
The fact that for some people it is like a little pinch here and there and for others it is like third degree burns only compounds the frustration.

I have hit yet another brick wall. I would welcome death right now with open arms, a friendly smile and some freshly baked cookies.

S_Spartan

Seems like the harder I try at something the LESS likely it is to happen.

My WHOLE life can be summed up in that sentence right there. It's been that way since I was a child.

It's like quicksand, the harder you struggle the faster you go down.

And other people can't understand it because when they put effort into something they usually get a positive gain.

You get to the point where you don't want to try anymore.

And actually, I have found that with some things if I take a "hands off" approach I can get a little something but it still isn't what other people get.

For many years I blamed myself but I don't anymore because I think part of it is supernatural. I think that some people have a repellent energy.

Hey, I'm the biggest cynic out there and an agnostic but who is to say that different people don't have different energies and the energies are either working for or against the person?!?!?

I mean, we can't see gravity and it's a force that affects each and every one of us everyday!

There are lots of people who get out of bed, fart, piss, get dressed, and get lots of rewards for just showing up! I am NOT one of those people.

The reason I got into Charles Bukowski is because he has that statement on his tombstone "don't try". It's a bit hypocritical because of course he did try a little but at the same time he really seemed to struggle in life and never did get the fame and fortune of other writers.

But after a lifetime of being around people who have said repeatedly "try harder"(because that always works for them.) It was refreshing to see someone say "don't try". lol

Ithior

Alright, sent my teacher an e-mail stating that I want to do the group assignments. Since I didn't specify a group I'll be assigned to a random group. The groups' composition comes out Wednesday. I hope I don't end up with the lazy ones nor with the always-busy ones.

Frustrated.
Why do some people who have never had to live without a certain thing (necessary for living) expect other people to just put up with living without it?

I can't understand how a human can be so ignorant to preach that you should be happy living without something important to life, when they have no idea what it is like to live without it, and ignore you efforts to explain what it is like to live without it!? :eek:mg:

Is it a problem with their intelligence/IQ? There can't be THAT many stupid people in this world!

Is it a choice to not even try to understand because of a personality failure, like being a narcissist or psychopath. But surely their can't be THAT many narcissists and psychopaths in this world!? :thinking:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Frustrated.
Why do some people who have never had to live without a certain thing (necessary for living) expect other people to just put up with living without it?

I can't understand how a human can be so ignorant to preach that you should be happy living without something important to life, when they have no idea what it is like to live without it, and ignore you efforts to explain what it is like to live without it!? :eek:mg:

Is it a problem with their intelligence/IQ? There can't be THAT many stupid people in this world!

Is it a choice to not even try to understand because of a personality failure, like being a narcissist or psychopath. But surely their can't be THAT many narcissists and psychopaths in this world!? :thinking:

I don't know, Blue... It's rare nowadays to find people willing to understand what that's like. Or it certainly seems that way, sadly. :sad:

I don't know, Blue... It's rare nowadays to find people willing to understand what that's like. Or it certainly seems that way, sadly. :sad:
Yeah, I was just thinking......I wonder if it has always been as prevalent throughout human history as it seems now, or is the not-even-trying-to-understand-someone-else's-life trait a new increased feature of the past 100 years or so. :thinking:

Frustrated.

Objectivity and real empathy is not a fortune everyone enjoys. Leading them to conclusions about people that are essentially noting more than projecting. They're not so much having a conversation with you, as they are having a conversation with a version of themselves with your attributes added to it.

As such, they'll take certain notions of struggles weirdly personal. People always live from the inside out, and taking things from their own perspective, but there are those that take this to a WHOLE new level.

Ithior

Still haven't found a way to study more than 2 hours a day. I'm only falling behind in one subject out of 4 (I already studied a bit of it on my own last year though), but I need to catch up and stay ahead on most of them.

My classes start at 6.30pm and end at 21.30pm. After classes I feel too tired to study but not enough to fall asleep, so I usually stay up until 2am. In the morning I have a hard time getting out of bed, and with lunch, shower, breaks and preparing my dinner I end up having only 2 hours to study at best.

I do frequent breaks because my brain starts feeling tangled up when I cover a lot of different aspects of a subject, so I have to take a small break between each aspect. For example, I had this thing about k-Nearest Neighbours (machine learning algorithm). It's not much (33 slides, many had nothing relevant), but I had to take a break between the introduction, the distance metrics, the 1-nearest neighbour, the k-nearest neighbour, the evaluation and other developments. In the end it adds up to a lot of time for breaks.

S_Spartan

My McMuffin was burnt, so I went back around to the speaker and complained. Said I would like to get the burritos instead.
Got to the window and the kid handed me the burritos and I handed him the burnt mcmuffin.
The problem was that the mcmiffin cost $2.99 and the burritos cost $2.00 so I asked for my money back as well.
Of course this became a three person job and they struggled to figure it out with the cash register so they gave me ALL my money back for the mcmuffin.
hehehe...

Ithior

Finally talked a bit with some classmates. First was a girl sitting next to me (though there was an empty seat between us), she asked me if I was able to access the webpage the teacher was trying to show us (literally took him 30 minutes), and so I explained to her how I did it. A bit later she asked me if I could sign up, and I told her I didn't try because I wasn't sure the uni's computer was safe, and asked her if she was able to.

Then later on the teacher assigned us in groups of 2 for an assignment we'll have to do. He paired me up with some older dude in front of me and I talked to him after class to arrange stuff. Another guy started talking to us and after that the two of them kept talking while I just walked behind them, though I usually do that with my friends as well so to me it wasn't weird. They were talking about things in their line of work that I don't know much of.

Anyway, I guess I finally met some people in my master's.

nodejesque

My McMuffin was burnt, so I went back around to the speaker and complained. Said I would like to get the burritos instead.
Got to the window and the kid handed me the burritos and I handed him the burnt mcmuffin.
The problem was that the mcmiffin cost $2.99 and the burritos cost $2.00 so I asked for my money back as well.
Of course this became a three person job and they struggled to figure it out with the cash register so they gave me ALL my money back for the mcmuffin.
hehehe...

Heh. I don't know why this post made me laugh. Probably because I had a mcmuffin for breakfast too.

MollyBeGood

I hate it in movies now where they flash stuff really fast at you but fast enough so you see it. It's a technique you see now more than ever with the speed they video edit in. I don't like it. It is an assault on your senses intentionally, so, to cause fear and distress in the viewer. It seems like trickery. It's like subliminal messages but they are no longer hidden.
I also hate the fast head thing they do-spare me please with that move.

Does anyone follow the story behind the Exorcist movie?
That was from a different area but the guy who was behind it used techniques in the movie that were CIA based. People when they first saw it would throw up in the movie theater isles it was so distressing to them. Look it up if you don't believe me.

If you are sensitive like me you have to avoid those things.

I wont ever watch the Exorcist again.

MollyBeGood

My WHOLE life can be summed up in that sentence right there. It's been that way since I was a child.

It's like quicksand, the harder you struggle the faster you go down.

And other people can't understand it because when they put effort into something they usually get a positive gain.

You get to the point where you don't want to try anymore.

And actually, I have found that with some things if I take a "hands off" approach I can get a little something but it still isn't what other people get.

For many years I blamed myself but I don't anymore because I think part of it is supernatural. I think that some people have a repellent energy.

Hey, I'm the biggest cynic out there and an agnostic but who is to say that different people don't have different energies and the energies are either working for or against the person?!?!?

I mean, we can't see gravity and it's a force that affects each and every one of us everyday!

There are lots of people who get out of bed, fart, piss, get dressed, and get lots of rewards for just showing up! I am NOT one of those people.

The reason I got into Charles Bukowski is because he has that statement on his tombstone "don't try". It's a bit hypocritical because of course he did try a little but at the same time he really seemed to struggle in life and never did get the fame and fortune of other writers.

But after a lifetime of being around people who have said repeatedly "try harder"(because that always works for them.) It was refreshing to see someone say "don't try". lol

EXACTLY.

I spent a few hrs last night reading his poetry. Thanks for reminding me of him. I should eat, sleep and breath his words. (Except for the drinking and womanizing stuff.) maybe some of the drinking ha jk

A repellent energy Interesting. I like where you are going with this. It is worth investigating! We all give off energies. I am super sensitive to people's which is why I avoid them. Do you know about auras in people? There is a way to see yours. This would be your own personal energy field showing up in a color. I just told someones his was black.

How to Read Auras – What is the Meaning of Each Color? : In5D Esoteric, Metaphysical, and Spiritual Database

S_Spartan

EXACTLY.

I spent a few hrs last night reading his poetry. Thanks for reminding me of him. I should eat, sleep and breath his words. (Except for the drinking and womanizing stuff.) maybe some of the drinking ha jk

A repellent energy Interesting. I like where you are going with this. It is worth investigating! We all give off energies. I am super sensitive to people's which is why I avoid them. Do you know about auras in people? There is a way to see yours. This would be your own personal energy field showing up in a color. I just told someones his was black.

How to Read Auras – What is the Meaning of Each Color? : In5D Esoteric, Metaphysical, and Spiritual Database

Oh man, you gotta do my aura color! It's probably like diarrhea brown off the charts!

Ithior

Not having met many girls in the past 5 years, my brain starts to feel attracted to any girl that looks cute and that I see fairly often. Right now that applies to a girl from my class. I don't really know her, we've only talked very briefly about an assignment we have to do. I know I don't know her enough to even like or dislike her, but my brain just gets obsessed with it and I end up getting a crush on the image my mind creates of her.

I don't like this because when my mind starts to wander off, it'll start thinking of her. This in turn gives power to the obsession. Then I might start eagerly awaiting for the next class so I can see her again. Then if nothing happens it makes me feel pretty bad. If something does happen then I might not be able to pay attention in class or I might start getting anxious for the next times I see her. And it's just really annoying because I know I don't even like the girl.