Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Odo

Banned
Yes, it was Enter the Void. Was too weird to keep me interested. I still want to give it a chance, maybe my mood was off too. I have a tendency to have trouble digesting some movies if my mood isn't right for them..maybe it's AADD idk Sometimes I just can't stand too arty self-interested movies. Other times they are great.

I couldn't make it through either-- despite all of its flash and druggy visuals and POV gimmick, it seemed like all style and no substance, which made it really boring. I absolutely hated the characters as well... and if he wanted to make this big trippy drug movie why did he have to focus yet again almost exclusively on the grisly sadism he also exploited in Irreversible?

That credits sequence was pretty great, though.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
In retrospect, sneaking up in the dark upon a group of heavily armed and possibly drunk strangers with the aim of confronting and chastising them may not have been the wisest of all possible decisions.

Ah well.

Ithior

Just watched the before last episode of an anime about making anime. I definitely wasn't expecting to get watery eyes from a show like this.

Whoever invented the modern form of ice-cream deserves the Nobel Peace Prize, in my opinion.

It is so frustrating having to deal with a passive aggressive person because those who don't deal with them simply can't believe you because they don't believe that the person in question could ever behave like that.
A passive aggressive seems to possess a gifted talent for being so underhanded with their evil nature. :sad:

nodejesque

Whoever invented the modern form of ice-cream deserves the Nobel Peace Prize, in my opinion.

It is so frustrating having to deal with a passive aggressive person because those who don't deal with them simply can't believe you because they don't believe that the person in question could ever behave like that.
A passive aggressive seems to possess a gifted talent for being so underhanded with their evil nature. :sad:

Oh god, blue. You just described my boss. I swear, she is all of that and more. I think she has anti social disorder as well as is a sociopath.

Worse, when they turn on the charm for all to see, but you know just how wretched they truly are. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!

That's a pretty accurate description of what it's been like living with my mum and older sisters.
Each one doesn't believe they have in a way that has hurt me in some way.

thexenn

I feel so lonely and that everyone around me are fakers, I know it may sound selfish but I really feel like I can't trust anyone anymore and that I'll always be alone.

//Ex Malo Bonum\\

Graeme1988

I feel so lonely and that everyone around me are fakers, I know it may sound selfish but I really feel like I can't trust anyone anymore and that I'll always be alone.

Same here... Though, everyone around me has messed me and slowly destroyed my psyche so much over the past 14 years, I believe it's for the best that I don't trust 'em.

I've just opted to avoid get emotionally attached anymore, as cold and stand-offish as that might seem. I just can't bring myself to be as open and honest as I once was. :sad:

LoyalXenite

I've just opted to avoid get emotionally attached anymore, as cold and stand-offish as that might seem. I just can't bring myself to be as open and honest as I once was. :sad:

Thats what I find myself doing too. Sometimes its the only way to keep yourself safe

Ithior

Last night I read an article that mentioned all the skills a person working in the area I'm studying has. While I knew what all those things meant, I was also aware that I didn't know how to do half the things in that list. I was starting to feel a bit down because it looked like there was still so much I had to learn and I was still so far behind.

Then I remembered that I only started studying this one year ago. Even though I feel like I don't know much right now, if I think about all the things I have learned since last year I can see that I have already learned a lot of stuff. If I was able to learn so much in one year, I will certainly be able to learn all the other stuff in a few more years.

Graeme1988

Thats what I find myself doing too. Sometimes its the only way to keep yourself safe

And relatively sane, in ma case. Though, my family are still giving me guff, hassle and guilt for choicing to not get emotionally attached anymore. As well as my prefer towards solitude and relaxation. Rather than constantly feeling stressed and under a microscope whenever I'm forced into socal situations.

Not sayin', I don't like be social. Just that when yer family aren't exactly respectful towards you most of the time, why bother with 'em?

Sorry, didnae mean for this to turn intae a mini-rant of sorts

Nanita

Watched the documentary Amy, about Amy Winehouse. It made me so sad to see how badly people spoke about her and ridiculed her. She was obviously in extreme agony and they made it worse for her.

I solved the majority of a problem today that I've been stuck on for over a year. Now only minor know-how and knowledge remains to be gathered to solve the rest of it. Feels like a weight has been lifted.