Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I believe I've slept in my chair for the last three days or so. It's not my intention to sleep there, but I just somehow pass out somewhere in the evening and wake up at like 4am.

Rawz

All I want to do anymore is escape reality. Video games, tv shows, movies, anything, I just don't want to face reality. It's too depressing.

Of course ignoring it and not doing anything about it only makes everything worse. :(

Ithior

Finished a uni assignment. For the hours I spent doing this I feel like it should've turned out better. Maybe the only thing bothering me is the fact we used a software which I'm not sure we're allowed to use. On one hand, the assignment says we "can use any tool or combination of tools", but after that in parenthesis it has a list of software programs. I don't know if those are simply examples or if we're limited to them. I guess I should've tried to find that out earlier. It's too late to change things now though, gotta deliver the report by midnight and I can't change half of it until then.

I wonder how much this could lower our grade. Given the scope of he assignment it's not like we're cheating or using software inaccessible to other students (all uni computers have it). I hope it doesn't penalise us much because the only way to improve the score is to do this subject again next year.

GraybeardGhost

I've been haijacked!

On Saturday, I entered a "haiku challenge" on a local organization's Facebook page. They posted a picture; I wrote a few lines. Did pretty well, apparently, but . . .
EXPOSURE! :eek:
I've been a little uncomfortable about that.

This morning they announced that they're going to keep all the responses for "possible media use in the future."

More exposure (possibly), perhaps too much?

There's no guarantee that they'll use what I wrote or attach my name to it if they do, but I'm none too pleased that they would appropriate my words this way without permission or at least mentioning it beforehand.

Yes, I'm being petty. It's only a twelve-word comment on a Facebook post, and if they do use it, it will be for a good cause, but there's a principle at work here, and I feel a little bit violated all the same.

nodejesque

Writing is such a personal process... I'd feel pretty upset too. Sure, you shared it.... But that doesn't mean that you granted permission for them to just put it out there even MORE. Especially without your consent beforehand.

It doesn't matter that it was 12, 16, or 100 words. They're your words.

I can understand how you feel. My writings are very private, I think you did a very brave thing in sharing.

I think that if it truly bothers you, then definitely reach out and let them know.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I've been haijacked!

On Saturday, I entered a "haiku challenge" on a local organization's Facebook page. They posted a picture; I wrote a few lines. Did pretty well, apparently, but . . .
EXPOSURE! :eek:
I've been a little uncomfortable about that.

This morning they announced that they're going to keep all the responses for "possible media use in the future."

More exposure (possibly), perhaps too much?

There's no guarantee that they'll use what I wrote or attach my name to it if they do, but I'm none too pleased that they would appropriate my words this way without permission or at least mentioning it beforehand.

Yes, I'm being petty. It's only a twelve-word comment on a Facebook post, and if they do use it, it will be for a good cause, but there's a principle at work here, and I feel a little bit violated all the same.

Not too chuffed about get attention drawn to ya, eh, Graybeard? Aye, am the same, maself when it comes to that sorta thing.

Though, I wouldn't be too pissed about not being asked permission to use what ye wrote, my guess is they'll picked out the best one or however many at random. I take it for a poster or something like that?

Still, well done, pal. :applause: Clearly ye huv a talent for that sorta writing. Ye should be proud of yersel'. :thumbup:

Also, could they no huv mentioned that they were gonna keep all the responses before asking users to submit captions for the picture? :idontknow:

GraybeardGhost

Writing is such a personal process... I'd feel pretty upset too. Sure, you shared it.... But that doesn't mean that you granted permission for them to just put it out there even MORE. Especially without your consent beforehand.

It doesn't matter that it was 12, 16, or 100 words. They're your words.

I can understand how you feel. My writings are very private, I think you did a very brave thing in sharing.

I think that if it truly bothers you, then definitely reach out and let them know.
Not too chuffed about get attention drawn to ya, eh, Graybeard? Aye, am the same, maself when it comes to that sorta thing.

Though, I wouldn't be too pissed about not being asked permission to use what ye wrote, my guess is they'll picked out the best one or however many at random. I take it for a poster or something like that?

Still, well done, pal. :applause: Clearly ye huv a talent for that sorta writing. Ye should be proud of yersel'. :thumbup:

Also, could they no huv mentioned that they were gonna keep all the responses before asking users to submit captions for the picture? :idontknow:
Thank you, both. :)

It's not so much that I mind the attention, although the prospect of it broadening does make me a little nervous for certain reasons. It's more the loss of control—one might even say the theft of it. I doubt any mischief was intended, though—probably just an oversight. Still, my words, my choice. Had I wanted to remain anonymous, I wouldn't have posted on Facebook of all places, with my handle right there next to it. I did post there, however, and I chose to do so assuming that it would go no further. Perhaps that was naive of me.

I've decided to look on this as a small contribution to a worthy cause. I've been planning to join and support this organization anyway, so this can be a very small step in that direction. I have no idea what their plans are, but if they can apply my few words to some educational or fund-raising purpose and get some good out of them that way, I'm all for it. Once I've had a chance to visit the place in person—and perhaps give them a piece of my mind—I'll most likely make a more substantial donation.

GraybeardGhost

Awww, ya witty, big-bearded f**ker ! :giggle: How did I just cop this, hours later?! :eek:h: Ah must be gettin' slow-witted as I get older. :bigsmile:

I knew you'd catch up eventually. :D

In other news, I had to go down to the rental office here to renew my lease this afternoon. That place has freaked me out for years. It represents such an intense convergence of power and stupidity that it completely overwhelms my senses every time. Today, however, I psyched myself up beforehand by reminding myself repeatedly that they work for me. They may not see it that way, but by golly, I do.

It worked!

For the first time in I don't know how long, I did not have a panic attack. I stammered a bit and forgot what I meant to say, but no hyperventilating, no fight-or-flight, and no having to sit in the car for several minutes afterward to calm down. By consciously viewing them as inept subordinates rather than scary authority figures, I managed to reduce my usual anxiety to a minimum. Instead of becoming agitated as in the past, I was just annoyed that they took so long to do what they were supposed to do. Something to remember for next time.

mantishugo

I'm feeling really good. I feel like I'm not suffering from any anxiety or any health ailment. I wish I can continue to have this feeling for the rest of my life. I have understood one thing today, I want motivation every day to achieve my goals.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Twice in the last 2 weeks my life has been turned on its head within a ten minute period.
People have shown themselves to be real arse wipes.
Then other people have shown themselves to be worth living for. Worth sticking around to be in their lives, if only to try and make their lives better.

Those who are shitty, i farking hate them. Detestable worthless peices of crap they are.
If we lived a few hundred years ago i would have more than likely cut their heads off with my broadsword.
But no.... we live in a time where the most pathetic arseholes get away with treating others like shit.

I long for a time... back to a better day.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Walmart is offering a deluxe version of Star Wars Battlefront with a Han Solo mini fridge.

k2-_e12e198f-2814-4f98-8af3-06a20f34953b.v1.jpg

k2-_0f7b4b3b-e533-4d6e-9d31-6fa00c3f2066.v1.jpg

k2-_ab384782-1de9-4307-981e-bb0b5c2198bf.v1.jpg

I don't usually fall for marketing gimmicks, but that's a pretty good one. :bigsmile: