Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

The new X-files was quite good, but it will probably all go to shit by the end of the series, just as it did all those years ago

S_Spartan

Beautiful 60 degree day here in the dead of winter so I'm at the park taking advantage of it.
It's actually surreal to be walking around with no coat or jacket and still totally surrounded by snow and ice.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Why bother anymore ? Nuthin' ever works oot fur me 99% of the time, anyway. Ma family hate being around as much as ah hate being around them. Mibbe ah should just take Groundkeeper Willie's typically dour Scottish approach...?

Willie Don't Care

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Also, in a show of support Aberdeen football club in their upcomin' match against Celtic on February 3rd.

Ah give ye tha follow message from... Well, y'know The Simpsons character ah appropriately use as ma avatar oan here. :giggle:

Go Aberdeen

SilentAndShy

Always hilarious and infuriating when people think they know why you're irritated or upset, not realising the issue is far deep seated then they could ever think and makes me realise that family, would never understand my anxiety.. just wouldn't understand at all and hence my inner rage bubbles up and stays there, festering..

this_portrait

Woke up to the sounds of my stupid neighbor getting it on with his damn girlfriend, and I've been in a foul mood ever since. Just took two Klonopins to see if my mood will brighten up a bit.

I hate all of these *******s... I don't even know 'em, but I hate 'em nonetheless.

GraybeardGhost

Woke up to the sounds of my stupid neighbor getting it on with his damn girlfriend, and I've been in a foul mood ever since. Just took two Klonopins to see if my mood will brighten up a bit.

I hate all of these *******s... I don't even know 'em, but I hate 'em nonetheless.

Apartment life: dogs, kids, headboard bangers, cookers, smokers—a constant barrage of other people's sounds and smells, each more offensive than the last.

I feel your pain intensely.

this_portrait

Apartment life: dogs, kids, headboard bangers, cookers, smokers—a constant barrage of other people's sounds and smells, each more offensive than the last.

I feel your pain intensely.

It does not help that I have been alone for so long. Hearing that shit is like a slap in the face to me, a taunt.

To copy and paste from a blog post I wrote earlier: I feel like a young stray cat wandering these wide, crowded city streets, all alone, nervous if someone will be kind enough to pick me up and cradle me in their arms and tell me that it’s all gonna be okay and I’m not alone, or if some cruel ******* will just kick me to the curb and leave me to continue to fend for myself. Do people see me like that stray cat, wishing they could welcome me with open arms, but for whatever reason they can’t (they have too many problems of their own; their girlfriend won’t let them; they’re afraid I might be mean)?

I hate the loudmouth dickheads who have to let everyone know how hard their life is, how lonely they are, how much they give to everyone and yet they're running around with 3 kids, a beautiful spouse, a damn good job with money coming out their *** and can't be bothered to treat other people with human decency. Oh but as soon as something bad happens they have to whine on Facebook for three days straight until they get all this sympathy from people who pray all their problems away.

Oh you're sad for the first time in your 39 year existence? You must have depression and nobody appreciates you and you'd give everything for everybody. You're sick.

This is why I cheer for the underdogs. They don't sit around and whine on social media. They go to work, they go home, they microwave their dinner and live until they can watch a movie with the little bit of extra bit of disposable income they have left with the less then living wage they've been graced with.

It does not help that I have been alone for so long. Hearing that shit is like a slap in the face to me, a taunt
Exactly, it's like they're "shoving it in your face", with the attitude of 'suck on that, loser!!! lolololol'. But i don't think that's quite reality, more of over-sensitivity & them pushing your buttons .. and them just doing their own self-centered, oblivious, ignorant, insensitive stuff. So i wouldn't take it too personally. You gotta get past all the "lies" that are attached to such stuff .. the lies that they believe & the lies that you believe. Also, it's useful try to think more accurately/rationally/analytically in general: eg what is "alone"? aren't a "couple" really just 2 separate "alone" people who are in constant close proximity to each other?.
Look, i've been "alone" my entire life (i'm prob twice your age!), and i think i've handled it okay, and it has FORCED me to go deep into myself, philosophy, hobbies/interests, thinking, feelings, spirituality, etc - which i doubt i would have gained if i weren't chronically single .. so it's maybe not really a bad thing AT ALL, looking at "the big picture"...

I feel like a young stray cat wandering these wide, crowded city streets, all alone, nervous if someone will be kind enough to pick me up and cradle me in their arms and tell me that it’s all gonna be okay and I’m not alone, or if some cruel ******* will just kick me to the curb and leave me to continue to fend for myself. Do people see me like that stray cat, wishing they could welcome me with open arms, but for whatever reason they can’t (they have too many problems of their own; their girlfriend won’t let them; they’re afraid I might be mean)?
I can only say that society is a MIX or RANGE of all types of people, with some of them at the extreme ends of the spectrum - some who LOVE/ADORE you (& want to help you), and some who HATE you (or don't give a "flying toss" about you, eg some of those "b'stards" you talk of, & also psychopaths (which make up ~10% of poulation)). But it does seem that the spread isn't that even, with more ppl in the indifferent/hateful side of the graph, but that's only my speculation :thinking:

I hate the loudmouth dickheads who have to let everyone know how hard their life is, how lonely they are, how much they give to everyone and yet they're running around with 3 kids, a beautiful spouse, a damn good job with money coming out their *** and can't be bothered to treat other people with human decency. Oh but as soon as something bad happens they have to whine on Facebook for three days straight until they get all this sympathy from people who pray all their problems away
That's called being "spoilt rotten". I've got neighbours like that. The SLIGHTEST of thing that goes wrong, & and they all "up in arms", whinging about it to each other & their friends & other neighbours .. or getting nasty/violent so that they "win" ... basically they CAN'T HANDLE ANY DISCOMFORT WHATSOEVER (as they've been spoilt rotten all their lives, are demanding, ungrateful, self-serving, proud, righteous types, "common middleclassers" or "common blingers"). These types of people have it pretty good on the OUTSIDE, but on the inside they are still CRAPPY people.

Using a metaphor, the are the polar opposite of "rough diamond" - a jagged black rock covered with a glossy-smooth coating of sth.

Last edited: