Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

@this_portrait Sounds like you're dealing with a narcissist. I have to give her props for sticking with your father (I'm assuming he wasn't always blind). But it's draining dealing with people like that. She won't pick up on your subtleties because she's so wrapped up in herself, so you'll have to be a little dramatic if you want her to cool her shit.

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covert_incest

this_portrait

@this_portrait Sounds like you're dealing with a narcissist. I have to give her props for sticking with your father (I'm assuming he wasn't always blind). But it's draining dealing with people like that. She won't pick up on your subtleties because she's so wrapped up in herself, so you'll have to be a little dramatic if you want her to cool her shit.

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covert_incest

Haaaah, she's far from a narcissist, just extremely codependent and always putting other people before herself, to the point where she doesn't hardly take care of or do much of anything for herself. She does this with a lot of people, even people she doesn't know well, but I've probably been the biggest recipient of it because I'm her youngest and it's been a slow process being completely independent of my family (thanks, shitty economy). A good example would be: she'll get holes in some of her clothes, but rather than buy new ones for herself, she'll go out and buy clothes for others (mostly for my sister's kids).

Believe me, I have been blunt with her. I've told her to read instructions on job applications, to tell my cousin if she doesn't get her shit together she has a certain amount of time to go find her own place, etc., but she doesn't listen. She just keeps on with her bad habits. It stems from a mix of things, probably: alcoholism in the family, harassment in school, bad relationship with her mother, being the oldest sibling of 7 kids and basically having to be mommy as well as big sister... And no treatment for ANY of it, to top it off.

I think it got to the point where she saw me as not just her kid but also her best friend (a common trend among lots of parents), and now that I'm changing and learning more about myself and what I wanna do and who is best for me to talk to about my problems, it's like she's gotten more needy towards me, because she doesn't have any friends herself. What's funny is that she kept telling me to go meet people for a long time, so I could stop complaining about not having any friends myself. Pot, kettle, black.

Last edited:

Megaten

^ You know she might leave you alone at least a little bit if you dont seem so bothered by things. From what youve described, she seems to love taking care of others even at the cost of her own happiness. And if you seem like youre bothered by a lot of things in life, you've pretty much painted a big "fix me, Im broken" sign on you. And the fact that no matter how old you are, youre still her baby just compounds that.

I cant talk too much because my mom drives me up the wall quite a bit too and treats me like a kid. But Ive been having to learn to just not let it bother me otherwise we'll fight every day. Plus shes getting old and wont always be here, I dont want my last memories of my old lady to be us fighting.

Ithior

In my last class a foreign dude sat next to me. Don't really know why, because the classroom was pretty much empty (only 4 people in there). I sit in the far left of the middle row (3 rows total), and another girl sits one seat away from me (there's no space between the desks, so it's one continuous row). There were two guys sitting behind us.

The foreign guy sat between the two of us. I have no idea why. Maybe he thought we were quiet during class and wanted to sit between us so he could pay attention to class? Maybe he has a crush on that girl?
Do any of you have any idea why he'd sit there when most seats were available?

It's funny, I used to always say that it felt like I went though a midlife crisis when I was 11/12 yrs old. That'a certainly how it felt. And now that I'm 24, I have felt dead for a year and a half, on the inside at least. Like I'm just waiting for my outsides to catch up. I lived my life, my body and mind is ready for the end, or at least it feels that way. I don't know what to keep on for.

Or perhaps rather you're subconsciously waiting for a new beginning. When emotions are a consistent mess to the state where you feel like a catatonic zombie, you can't really do much more than wait for inspiration and motivation to strike.

Just keep doing what you're doing, VJ. Sometimes just hanging in there is enough.

In my last class a foreign dude sat next to me. Don't really know why, because the classroom was pretty much empty (only 4 people in there). I sit in the far left of the middle row (3 rows total), and another girl sits one seat away from me (there's no space between the desks, so it's one continuous row). There were two guys sitting behind us.

The foreign guy sat between the two of us. I have no idea why. Maybe he thought we were quiet during class and wanted to sit between us so he could pay attention to class? Maybe he has a crush on that girl?
Do any of you have any idea why he'd sit there when most seats were available?

Personally I'd probably keep a little distance, but I'm a freak. It would be kinda weird to just take a seat farther away from everyone else. So I think he's just being a normal fella and trying not to be weird.

Ithior

Personally I'd probably keep a little distance, but I'm a freak. It would be kinda weird to just take a seat farther away from everyone else. So I think he's just being a normal fella and trying not to be weird.

The seats would get filled eventually, this was like 10 minutes before the class. Sitting in any other spot would've seemed less weird in my opinion. I'm not complaining though, I'm just curious.

In other news, I'm getting tired of receiving these surveys from other students that you can only answer if you've ever been in a relationship.

My friend wants to start a Patreon with me revolving around 3D modeling and animation. It would be my job to supply the models.

This will effectively make or break his financial situation - but I just don't know if I can do it. We have no content plan or any particular reason to do it other than money. And it's crowd funding at that. It makes me so uncomfortable and uneasy.

This put me into a position where my choice seriously disadvantages either one of us.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I just got back from grocery shopping and I'm proud to say that I made the following changes:

Cookies? Nope, grapes.

Chips? Nope, apples.

Soft drinks? Nope, calorie-free drink mixes and almond milk.

White Castle cheeseburgers? Yep, Rome's fit butt wasn't built in a day. :D

This is a rather large step, as most of my shopping list was exchanged for healthy alternatives. All I have to do now is start substituting salads and non-processed, whole foods for the fast-food and other garbage I'm eating.

It'll be interesting to see what I look like once I'm in shape again, seeing as how most of my facial features have either been obscured or outright engulfed by my current level of corpulence. :bigsmile:

F0AM

I just got back from grocery shopping and I'm proud to say that I made the following changes:

Cookies? Nope, grapes.

Chips? Nope, apples.

Soft drinks? Nope, calorie-free drink mixes and almond milk.

White Castle cheeseburgers? Yep, Rome's fit butt wasn't built in a day. :D

This is a rather large step, as most of my shopping list was exchanged for healthy alternatives. All I have to do now is start substituting salads and non-processed, whole foods for the fast-food and other garbage I'm eating.

It'll be interesting to see what I look like once I'm in shape again, seeing as how most of my facial features have either been obscured or outright engulfed by my current level of corpulence. :bigsmile:

That's great Fountain, i know it wont be easy and will take time, just stay focused, don't give up and you'll be in shape again!

Here, i'll lend you my strenght :D

GokuSpiritBombFrieza02.png

anomicdeer

Got the Warehouse job offer. Not surprised about that. I start Monday but hoping I heard back from Boke Doctor for a job offer. I think O would prefer working at BD although I'd start off with less money. That says a lot I guess. Better safe than sorry. Of course I've been wanting a warehouse position but the hours I'd have at this warehouse is not ideal at all for ME.

I'll have money for babysitter regardless so I can still fit in my workouts and running.

By the way if anyone here is doing C25K please measage me if you want to track together