Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

State_Of_Trance

^ This may well be avoidance at work, which is central to SA.

But I actually do manage to do these things I'm talking about, just not as much or with the same enthusiasm that I'd like. To use the reading example again, I'll often read for a bit and then just feel exhausted mentally and physically so I fall asleep or something. So I don't necessarily avoid doing things so much as it is that I give them a shot but they don't pan out.

Additionally, the things that I want to do more are themselves solitary (again, reading more books, for example) so the SA angle doesn't factor in in the same way that it might hamper my going out socially.

Last edited:
I bought a book... of lists. Just about any list of anything you can think of (as long as it's not completely random, like ways to eat graham crackers). For instance, there is a list of vegetable families in there, and the Big Bang sequence, and the five tenets of Calvin, and rulers of the Ch'ing (Manchu) Dynasty. Hmm.

I also want the Test Book, which takes a whole bunch of famous/popular tests (like the Rorschach test) and condenses them into smaller versions. It's $18 though, because it's a novelty book, but that's ridiculous. .....I still want it.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

I'm going to the chiropractor today. Working extra hours has put so much strain on my body, I think I might have a pinched nerve or two in my back or shoulder(?). Either way for over a week now I've been dealing with unbelievable pain in my right arm and it's slowly happening to my left arm too. I guess I'll see today what's going on and what else I'll have to do for it.

On another note I can't wait until Friday. The 2DS is getting a price drop and after years of wanting one I'm going to finally order one. It'd probably be smarter to put that money towards other things I'd like to get for the house, or to save it, but I want something frivolous damn it. All I do is pay bills. I need to treat myself, ya know?

SoScared

I've been off-grid in the forest for a few days and when I checked my emails it turns out I have to give two talks in a few days. The first one is on stem cells and the second one will be on ethics.

The problem is that I don't like the person who will be running the event. Its going to be a test of character not to making those snide comments that I make when I meet people whom I don't like and especially those whom I don't like and see themselves as educators.

I am busy making twenty urns for a customer. It feels weird.
I instantly thought....is your customer is a serial Killer or the manager of a Home for the Aged? :thinking: :giggle:

There seems to be many people around now that would traditionally be considered "sane" and "normal", who are just absolutely miserable.

The so called "Middle Class" that used to be at least content in life, now seem to be being eaten up by more part-time work and less full-time work available, the large rise in the cost of living, combined with stagnant wage growth.

The Middle Class are quietly disappearing. :sad:

S_Spartan

There seems to be many people around now that would traditionally be considered "sane" and "normal", who are just absolutely miserable.

The so called "Middle Class" that used to be at least content in life, now seem to be being eaten up by more part-time work and less full-time work available, the large rise in the cost of living, combined with stagnant wage growth.

The Middle Class are quietly disappearing. :sad:

This is very true. I was just thinking about this. I do also detect a certain misery when I'm out in public listening to people talk. Many people seem to be anything but content. Can't really blame them though, everyone is on edge and the future for America is very uncertain for all but the wealthy.

GraybeardGhost

Made it out the door tonight. Got some grub, some other stuff.

I wish I could find a way to make it easier to leave the house so I could go out more often. A quick run here, a quick run there. Just spur of the moment, like I used to do. Just go out some place for the hell of it. Just for fun.

I miss having that kind of freedom.

GraybeardGhost

7ccedd97ff3b5ee8325c8d8c3c3d5e85.jpg

nodejesque

Work has been incredibly demanding this past week. I plan on going to bed tonight and sleeping till Sunday.

But, should I buy food before I get home tonight or after a long needed nap/sleep?

GraybeardGhost

Work has been incredibly demanding this past week. I plan on going to bed tonight and sleeping till Sunday.

But, should I buy food before I get home tonight or after a long needed nap/sleep?

Sleep first, shop later. :thumbup: You're more likely to make poor choices if you do it the other way. I was out late Wednesday night and ended up coming home with a few things I really shouldn't have bought just because I was tired and my resistance to temptation was low. Happens every time. I think I could do better were I to go out first thing in the morning when I'm sharper and more energetic, but thinking it and making it happen are two different things.

In other news, I received two robo-calls this morning purporting to be from the Internal Revenue Service and announcing their intention to sue me in court. :eek: Now as far as I know, the IRS has no reason to come after me, and if they did—especially if it were a big enough beef to justify the expense of a lawsuit—I surely would have heard about it long before now. Yet even though I knew the calls were fake, the tone of the message was still quite intimidating. I can easily see how some people might be taken in by such a threat and induced to give up personal information and/or money to these lowlife scammers. There are a lot of rotten people in this world just waiting for a chance to rip somebody off. Don't be fooled. :no:

nodejesque

Sleep first, shop later. :thumbup: You're more likely to make poor choices if you do it the other way. I was out late Wednesday night and ended up coming home with a few things I really shouldn't have bought just because I was tired and my resistance to temptation was low. Happens every time. I think I could do better were I to go out first thing in the morning when I'm sharper and more energetic, but thinking it and making it happen are two different things.

In other news, I received two robo-calls this morning purporting to be from the Internal Revenue Service and announcing their intention to sue me in court. :eek: Now as far as I know, the IRS has no reason to come after me, and if they did—especially if it were a big enough beef to justify the expense of a lawsuit—I surely would have heard about it long before now. Yet even though I knew the calls were fake, the tone of the message was still quite intimidating. I can easily see how some people might be taken in by such a threat and induced to give up personal information and/or money to these lowlife scammers. There are a lot of rotten people in this world just waiting for a chance to rip somebody off. Don't be fooled. :no:

Yeah, I'm too tired to even try to think of what I'd need to buy.
Grocery shopping is one of the worst things ever. I hate it spectacularly. I find it completely overwhelming and never really am sure if I'm doing it right.

Those damned scammers call me too, GB. Its scary, but the IRS doesn't call. So, I just ignore it.
But you're right, the tone of the calls makes you scared. I know that I was freaking out when I started receiving them.

MollyBeGood

i am ok. Just have to wash me hair LOL it has been too long and though it is healthy to wait to wash I do not like the feelin' :p

Yes, I am crazy ignore me.