sometimes I despair for our species
sometimes I want us to be wiped out.
sometimes I want to die
sometimes I want to be strong
sometimes I feel as though I can give advice
sometimes I feel as though I have no answers
sometimes I could give
sometimes I never give a fk.

Sometimes I wonder at the contrasting and opposing points of view my own mind has.. where does it end? to consider others or to say 'fk it all' and 'fk you'.
to help, or see it as a waste of time.. etc etc etc etc....

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Yeah...

I'd tell them to stop complaining if they aren't willing to try and fix it.

^ While this does work when my mum goes on about her weight, and how she needs to lose some. But she's no bothered, she rather talk about doing that and be lazy. Instead of fixing the problem. :kickingmyself:

At least I had a realisation about my own weight and health earlier this year, and took steps to change myself, not just physically but mentally. Cutting down on a lotta stuff I'd overeat. Apparently, the rest of my family don't huv the will power to do that as well.

Yer advice doesnae work as well for my mum's habitual shopping routine of buying unhealthy crap food, and 2 for 1 offers. And she stores it all behind the living room couch. :eek:mg: Using the excuse of "But you like it" to justify buying fizzy drinks in bulk.

I've just to the point where ah don't care. If she rather think it's a joke rather a serious problem and just laugh about - fine. Cannae blame me for only trying to do what's best.

Graeme1988

sometimes I despair for our species
sometimes I want us to be wiped out.
sometimes I want to die
sometimes I want to be strong
sometimes I feel as though I can give advice
sometimes I feel as though I have no answers
sometimes I could give
sometimes I never give a fk.

Sometimes I wonder at the contrasting and opposing points of view my own mind has.. where does it end? to consider others or to say 'fk it all' and 'fk you'.
to help, or see it as a waste of time.. etc etc etc etc....

Aye, that's pretty much the conflict that goes on ma mind, too.

Though, ah tend to lean more to towards the "F**k it all! F**k you! Roll on death" mentality myself, personally. Kinda feel that justified anaw, given how badly and unfairly people huv treated me in the past.

Graeme1988

weird day that was...

on the upside I bought my tickets for the Upcoming Guns N Roses tour in Feb!

Woot!

Goan yersel', Pug! :thumbup:

I'm still waiting for the UK leg of the Guns N Roses tour to be announced. Probably be next year, as well at some point. Ah just hope it doesn't end up overlapping with the recent rescheduled gig by The Who that I'm going to see in April. Or Metallica, since they usually do the UK leg of their world tour quite early in the year.

Though, in the case of Metallica, I was kinda hoping theie new music would shite, so as to justify my reasons, prior to hearing Hardwired, to not see them live.

I wonder if people will ever understand what it feels like to lose your hearing entirely and be partially impaired in hearing without actually have it happen to them. If you look at every problem that is out there, people don't really start to care unless it happens to them or their family. Since I had Tinnitus, I always thought that musicians would be the first to try and support Tinnitus, people their isn't as many as you might think. I wish more people would just realize that things like my depression/anxiety wouldn't be as bad if people just cared. Thank god that I at least found out about Lipo-Flavonoid because it really helped as a ringing in the ears treatment. Before that I was just taking many showers and listening to soft classical (sorry Metallica) music that doesn't hurt my ears. ARGH!!!!!!!!! Whew. I feel better. thanks for listening everyone.

State_Of_Trance

Self, you’re taking action. You’ve been dealt a bad hand but you’re taking action. That’s what matters. “It can’t be done.” Well, if getting eaten by a bear was the alternative, could you do it? “Yeah…” Then just do it. Anything is better than nothing.

S_Spartan

My prayer to the universe:

"If I can't get the good things that other people get then at least allow me to live my life with a sense of looseness"

Megaten

My prayer to the universe:

"If I can't get the good things that other people get then at least allow me to live my life with a sense of looseness"

What do you mean by looseness Spartan?

On another note, my professor is trying to break my brain. All this morning after she says anything to me, she'll then stare at me for like a good 20 seconds. It feels like I'm being examined under a microscope.

SilentAndShy

I'd rather be at work than endure the awkwardness at home. Says it all.

There's a family day out tomorrow and luckily I have a hospital appointment that means I won't go. Happy about that tbh.

I miss the 'life' I had few years ago - yes, it was lonely but I liked that.

What d'ye do when a family member openly acknowledges they've got a problem, but they're refusing to get help for it? Because they view your concerned criticism of their behaviour as "picking on them".

It's dark the acknowledge, but you can't save everyone - not immediately anyway. Sometimes it requires a great deal of suffering and reflection before one can even begin to accept the fault of their ways and that the way out lies squarely with them.

Up until that point you can only give them immediate comfort/help by the means of gestures and due commentary. I commend you for trying - I know how tiring it gets.

I hope for their sake you and others that may want to help this person are still around when they're ready.

Megaten

Just not care about anything. You know? Just not give a ****. Well care enough not to end up in prison or dead. I'm getting there. It takes time to undo all the programming.

I hear that does happen for a lot of people the older they get, the less they care about what the world wants or thinks. There's something about facing your own mortality that makes you question why we really care about any of the dumb things we do.

Graeme1988

It's dark the acknowledge, but you can't save everyone - not immediately anyway. Sometimes it requires a great deal of suffering and reflection before one can even begin to accept the fault of their ways and that the way out lies squarely with them.

Up until that point you can only give them immediate comfort/help by the means of gestures and due commentary. I commend you for trying - I know how tiring it gets.

I hope for their sake you and others that may want to help this person are still around when they're ready.

Yeah, I've tried the comfort and help approach, but ah just get shut out, ignored and pushed away. Besides, I'm done put ma life on hold, just so she can pretend everything's fine, when it's not.

Ye see, ah want to happy for once, genuinely so, right? But, my happiness, sadly, doesnae involve being around or emotionally attached to a family who constantly made me feel like I'm a bad person for most of ma life. Constantly look down upon for being how I am. Told I'm weird n' useless. And that my anxiety and depression were excuses to be lazy and anti-socal.

Ah mean, I totally get where yer coming from, but it seems a bit pointless to be there for someone, who wus'nae there for me when I needed them. I know, that's probably be a bit harsh. But I'm just wasting my time if my mum's just going to disregard everything I say, and do whatever she wants. Regardless of the conseqences. Because, like most of my family, she never listens to me.

Sorry, didnae mean to rant. Ya kinda hit a nerve there, Puma.

Yeah, I've tried the comfort and help approach, but ah just get shut out, ignored and pushed away. Besides, I'm done put ma life on hold, just so she can pretend everything's fine, when it's not.

Ye see, ah want to happy for once, genuinely so, right? But, my happiness, sadly, doesnae involve being around or emotionally attached to a family who constantly made me feel like I'm a bad person for most of ma life. Constantly look down upon for being how I am. Told I'm weird n' useless. And that my anxiety and depression were excuses to be lazy and anti-socal.

Ah mean, I totally get where yer coming from, but it seems a bit pointless to be there for someone, who wus'nae there for me when I needed them. I know, that's probably be a bit harsh. But I'm just wasting my time if my mum's just going to disregard everything I say, and do whatever she wants. Regardless of the conseqences. Because, like most of my family, she never listens to me.

Sorry, didnae mean to rant. Ya kinda hit a nerve there, Puma.

No, absolutely. You have a responsibility first and foremost to keep yourself safe, healthy and happy. Your primary goal should be that.

Self sacrifice is noble and admirable, but if you feel you're being pulled under by someone's else inability to help themselves, and feel the need to 'do you,' at the very least for the time being, you're not by any means a bad person.