Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

SilentAndShy

Nine months of marriage and it's not going great. Always feel under pressure and being watched for my actions within the home environment. There are times when I feel attracted to women other than my wife. And I just am failing to live up my role as a husband - the sterotypical husband of looking after my wife, doing the things they should do. Man, wish I could go back to my lonely existence I had before marriage..

While I had no interest in particular, for nostalgia sake I decided to get caught up with Dragon Ball Super because I loved DBZ when I was twelve. I ended up absolutely loving Digimon Tri when I did the same with that recently.

But man, 'Super takes like 47 episodes (twenty minutes each) before it gets sufficiently interesting, all the stuff before was pretty formulaic, and mildly entertaining at best. After that mark it gets quite fun. What an odd narrative quality spike, though.

Why I thought it was a good idea to cram over twenty hours of media into two viewing session remains a mystery even to me.

Last edited:

S_Spartan

Tired of computers. Half this shit barely even works anymore. I find most software these days to be so buggy, bloated, and disorganized. And also full of "nag" screens wanting you to turn on this or that to track your every move.

State_Of_Trance

Had to ask a question to someone at work I don't normally talk to. Took about an hour to work up the courage. I asked him the question and he gave me a simple answer immediately. The answer was what I had guessed before any of this started. All this effort to confirm what I already knew.

I've never been happy. Not even as a child. My mind was always anxious, worrying & negative. Only when i've been drinking really, are the only times i've had a taste of what hapiness feels like. My brain/mind/genetics were f*cked-up from the day i was born :sad:

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Don't why I bother, everything I ever do get judged negatively by my mum. She never happy. But then, neither am I, but then I'm the only one of her kids who still lives with her. Why? Ah huv'nae got a feckin' clue. :thumbdown:

If you got nothing nice to say... Aww, wait that's right. That saying only applies when it me criticising them, not ma family criticising me. :kickingmyself:

State_Of_Trance

For whatever reason, I was Googling about sociopaths at work and found myself on a sub Reddit for sociopath discussion. One poster was asking how to stop yourself from doing immoral things that you want to do. His example was...ugh...it involved wanting to do things to a...very young person that should only be done between adults. He may have been trolling, but I felt like he meant it and that he wanted to do that thing.

I noticed that my fingers were getting numb. Then my skin got really pale. Then I realized I was starting to sweat and I felt really sick. Then I just counted my breaths and focused on breathing until I felt better.

I'm not usually squeamish, but I think I now know what it's like to get triggered. Blegh...

AMAZING FACT: Whether you truly believe in a fact or a fiction, the effect upon your subconscious mind is exactly the same.

Ps: I wonder if that law is how religion's "having belief" works, where it's unimportant as to whether the religious beliefs are true or not, but only that they are believed (to be true) :question:

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
AMAZING FACT: Whether you truly believe in a fact or a fiction, the effect upon your subconscious mind is exactly the same.

Ps: I wonder if that law is how religion's "having belief" works, where it's unimportant as to whether the religious beliefs are true or not, but only that they are believed (to be true) :question:

studies have shown that religious believers basically have the placebo effect.

Hot_Tamale

Brain fact:

If someone says awful things to you your brain reacts the same way as if you were being hit.
I was torn into by a family member and certain nasty things were said about me this week. I didn't feel a whole lot because I was so used to it at that point, par for the course, but I was still kinda sad. I wonder if my brain still reacted like I'd been hit or not.

MollyBeGood

I was torn into by a family member and certain nasty things were said about me this week. I didn't feel a whole lot because I was so used to it at that point, par for the course, but I was still kinda sad. I wonder if my brain still reacted like I'd been hit or not.

I was quoting a line in a movie I just watched. It was about a woman who was constantly verbally abused by her husband. She ended up killing him because she felt so tormented and abused for so many years-and yet there are no physical scars...but apparently that doesn't matter to the brain.

I don't think we ever get used to being abused we just learn to shove it deeper down into ourselves to deal with it. It is always there. the scars. they never go away.

Why was this family member being mean to you?

I am constantly abused verbally because of my depression and anxiety. Funny don't they realize this only makes you more depressed and anxious?