Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

B

Beatrice

here's a thought. just crossed my mind that it's friday eve and i'm here...
when i was in high school i was so depressed by sitting alone at home friday evening/night. i couldn't concentrate on anything else but thinking how depressed i am about the situation.
now i sit at home and care about nothing.
i'm not sure which one is sadder... feeling pain or feeling nothing :\

So many people say they would rather feel pain than be numb. I don't understand that. I would choose to be numb any day. In fact, lately I have been feeling more numb than anything else and I love it - at least, compared to how I was feeling before. I would often get so upset that I couldn't focus on schoolwork, couldn't do anything, just sit and cry and be miserable. When I'm miserably numb, I can actually still sort of function, even if I don't feel wonderful inside.

But that's just me, of course. It's weird in my opinion.

coyote

....marine biology, animals, photography, jewelery, cooking, healthy food, exercise, stretch routines, Pilates, Zumba, clothes, books, inspirational stories, scary stories, stories about death, language, different cultures, everything about music, chemistry, math, history, random facts, English, science in general, electronics, furniture, crocheting, cars, crafts, organization....

you know what would be fascinating?

a short story with a plot referencing every one of those topics

go ahead - i dare ya!

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Accepted at university for september, and it seems that my search for a job could lead somewhere before june finally... And now it reminds me how it drains me to deal with people at work and at school... ::(: Life is so much more simple and easy when you don't have anyone to satisfy....

coyote

I mentioned to a co worker about her accent and I asked her where she was from and she said Wisconsin, and she got offended. wtf?

hahahahaha snort

sorry - I'm used to hearing that accent, since I'm around it everyday

but it is very distinctive

Last edited:
hahahahaha snort

sorry - I'm used to hearing that accent, since I'm around it everyday

but it is very distinctive

Well, why can't I mention someones accent without sounding like im judging? I really wanted to know where she was from. Just why is it impolite to mention someones accent? I don't find it offensive.

coyote

Well, why can't I mention someones accent without sounding like im judging? I really wanted to know where she was from. Just why is it impolite to mention someones accent? I don't find it offensive.

no idea - maybe it was her own issue - she's probably been bugged about it before

i'm sure if you spent any time in wisconsin, plenty of people would make some wise-cracks about your lovely accent

no idea - maybe it was her own issue - she's probably been bugged about it before

i'm sure if you spent any time in wisconsin, plenty of people would make some wise-cracks about your lovely accent

well I wasn't wise cracking her accent, that means everybodys accent in Wisconsin. Why would you wise crack a "lovely" accent in the first place? lol

Laalaaliiilooo , I'm not tired even though it's 1 am.. laalaa .. :rolleyes:
I just wanna stay up all night, but in the sake of not feeling tired tomorrow,
I will take some rest soon, damn I wish a day could have been a little longer lol

coyote

well I wasn't wise cracking her accent, that means everybodys accent in Wisconsin. Why would you wise crack a "lovely" accent in the first place? lol

yeah - I'm not saying they should - just that alot of people do

personally, i like hearing different accents - makes things more interesting

You all sound alike to me ;)

i have a completely fabricated accent that i picked up from the TV shows that I watched growing up in the 1960's and 1970's

Last edited:
People in my neck of the woods are convinced they don't have accents. I guess it's because we don't have a severe accent, they think we don't have one at all. I say we do, and it's called "the country bumpkin."

hoddesdon

i have a completely fabricated accent that i picked up from the TV shows that I watched growing up in the 1960's and 1970's

The American accent used in television shows and movies is modified a bit so that it is more understandable by people speaking non-American English. That helped to sell them in other countries (aka cultural imperialism).

B

Beatrice

The American accent used in television shows and movies is modified a bit so that it is more understandable by people speaking non-American English. That helped to sell them in other countries (aka cultural imperialism).

Hmmm-hmmm, interesting.....