Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

DeadmanWalking

My brother and his fiance got tickets for an Aaron Lewis show in February and he said I'm welcome to come along. The problem is it's three hours away and they're gonna stay in a hotel so I'd be on my own to figure that out. Also it's one of those venues where they have tables and their table is full so I'd have to sit at a table with a bunch of strangers ::(:. Aaron Lewis is my favorite artist and I've wanted to go to one of his acoustic shows for a long time. What to do?

I'd say go. This is a lucky chance for you, right? So, take advantage of it! Try to sit in close proximity of your brother and fiance, so you'll be close to people you know. That should lessen your anxiety somewhat. Good luck:)!

planemo

I hear ya on that one, mate.

I'm sorry you're feeling that way too.

I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time to agree with that. Judging from your posts here you seem like a very likable person, please don't call yourself unlikable :)

You're wrong and right. You are a likable person, however, you shouldn't go out of your way to impress people. Do what you do and be confident in you and you'll soon find yourself with people that enjoy your presence.

I feel the same all the time...

I'm sorry you're feeling that way, but I can tell you that I'm sure there are people out there that like you, the same way there are people that don't like you. Once you find the people that like you (and if you like them too, of course) try to focus on them and things will be much better, it doesn't matter if not everybody likes you, because that won't happen. Don't try to be "perfect" so people like you, just be yourself and you'll eventually find people that will like you :)

Thanks for the responses folks, it means a lot.:) I guess I just had a bad day, and my low self esteem is showing itself again.

MikeyC

My brother and a friend of mine are getting pretty close (maybe a little too close). She's actually convinced him to go to church with her tomorrow. He never goes to church, isn't even religious (although he was brought up Catholic), and honestly I thought he was a bit of an atheist (but maybe I was wrong?).
If he likes her, he'll put up with going places he doesn't like for a little while just to be with her and impress her.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. He's dated a couple of my friends in the past, but those "friends" I had weren't good people, rather I just felt used, only came to me when they needed something (and in some cases, that "need" happened to be my brother :rolleyes:). I guess I'm just worried that a) My friend is going to ditch me and/or b) My brother is going to do something stupid with her that'll either hurt her or get her into trouble.
It's certainly a dangerous situation, but there's not too much you can do unless you want to sabotage an impending relationship...do you?

Also, I think a lot of this is just jealousy. Jealous of the fact that my brother is able to be social, able to actually date, meet people, etc. And here I am, 18 years old, never dated and never had a boyfriend and too afraid to even talk to/meet people for that matter. I guess it helps if you're tan and dark haired too, not pale and blonde, frizzy-haired.
The description of yourself doesn't sound unappealing at all; I think it's just your anxiety getting in the way of talking to people that's stopping you. I reckon you'll be right as rain when you can do that. :)

Phoenixx

Heck I wouldnt want my friends dating my sister! All it would take is one comment about sex with her and its clobbering time.

You can dye your hair jet black and be a goth. People wont question why you're quiet because they'd assume its your cool gothic persona.
^ Yeah still not sure about this, but what can I do? Nothing really. As long as she doesn't come telling me about what they do, I guess I'm fine. (They won't go that far though. Not if they both want to live, and she's not like that anyway) Oh, and she'll most likely get the "If you have a problem, don't come running to me about it" lecture soon as well. I'm not going to get caught in the middle and solve whatever relationship problems they might have. Sounds cold, but I look at it this way. It's your problem, your relationship, you two work it out. If you need to talk, that's fine, but don't expect me to be a miracle worker and solve it for you, or be a messenger pigeon and tell him whatever, because I won't do it.

Definitely not dying my hair jet black, although I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about it. I think I'd look too pale if I did, not to mention that I'd hear the endless bickering from my parents, "Why did you do that? " "You shouldn't have done that." Blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

No, I will be dying my hair back to brown. I love being a brunette. :D Coyote, you may be sought after for your lovely blonde locks, but I, however, am not. I'm quite sure of that.

Phoenixx

It's certainly a dangerous situation, but there's not too much you can do unless you want to sabotage an impending relationship...do you?
^ Exactly, there isn't much I can do except just sit back and accept the fact that they're going for it. At least he's actually going for a nice, smart girl, much better than the chicks he's dated in the past for sure.

MikeyC

^ Exactly, there isn't much I can do except just sit back and accept the fact that they're going for it. At least he's actually going for a nice, smart girl, much better than the chicks he's dated in the past for sure.
That's true, but it's at your expense. I feel for you. Hopefully it works out for them, and if it doesn't, it ends on good terms. :)

this_portrait

I have a concert to go to this evening, but part of me kinda would rather stay in out of the rain, even though getting out and having fun would be good for me. The show starts at 8 and gets over at 11. I was just going to arrive at 7 when the doors open, but I think I might wait a little bit longer, simply because I still have to work on some homework and I feel all blah right now. I'm also thinking of leaving about 30 minutes early.

God, why am I so unmotivated today?

DeadmanWalking

I have a concert to go to this evening, but part of me kinda would rather stay in out of the rain, even though getting out and having fun would be good for me. The show starts at 8 and gets over at 11. I was just going to arrive at 7 when the doors open, but I think I might wait a little bit longer, simply because I still have to work on some homework and I feel all blah right now. I'm also thinking of leaving about 30 minutes early.

God, why am I so unmotivated today?

Yeah, you could use some fun in your life. Work on your project some, but leave enough time to get to the concert. Drag your body if you must. Go, no matter what, okay?

Vampayah88

That awkward moment when you're about to exit the restaurant or some other place but you pass right by the door and walk the wrong way cause you forgot where the exit is....and ur friend or date asks "where are u going? its this way."
happens to me all the time.

this_portrait

Yeah, you could use some fun in your life. Work on your project some, but leave enough time to get to the concert. Drag your body if you must. Go, no matter what, okay?

I managed to get out of bed and get ready. I have no idea why I just felt so drowsy and unmotivated. It might have been the food I ate, or it might be a side effect from the SSRI I'm on.

Luckily I managed to get up.

KiaKaha

Banned
I sometimes wonder how anyone can be so certain of anything. How do people have so much conviction in what they assert to be true? and is it just as equally true if someone disagrees?

I also burned my hand on the oven grilling a baked potato today and it really hurts.

Last edited:
It's been raining all day. I went and did my laundry, and it feels really good to be wearing warm, freshly cleaned clothes after being soaked to the bone all day. And it might get just cold enough for it to snow for 5 minutes.

I think I'm going to put up our ****ed up Charlie Brown Christmas tree tomorrow. Last Christmas, my kitten liked to climb the tree and play with the ornaments, so quite a few branches are bent or broken. There is a giant bare spot right in the middle. It'll be a little sad putting it up and realizing that she isn't going to be around to mess it up more this year.

DeadmanWalking

It's been raining all day. I went and did my laundry, and it feels really good to be wearing warm, freshly cleaned clothes after being soaked to the bone all day. And it might get just cold enough for it to snow for 5 minutes.

I think I'm going to put up our ****ed up Charlie Brown Christmas tree tomorrow. Last Christmas, my kitten liked to climb the tree and play with the ornaments, so quite a few branches are bent or broken. There is a giant bare spot right in the middle. It'll be a little sad putting it up and realizing that she isn't going to be around to mess it up more this year.

Why did you get so wet? Did you have something to do outside, besides washing?

I'm sorry for your loss. *hugs* I hope you feel better. Put it up, as sort of a testament to her. If I could, I would travel to your house to give you some company and consolation.

Srijita52

That awkward moment when you're about to exit the restaurant or some other place but you pass right by the door and walk the wrong way cause you forgot where the exit is....and ur friend or date asks "where are u going? its this way."

^Happens to me all the time too.....

Srijita52

I can relate to you, my kitty won't be around me this year too. I'm really sorry.

I know how that feels like too :/

Sometimes I am so nervous about making a mistake, my nervousness causes me to make a mistake.::eek::

Just last weekend I was heading for the doors of a shop and I noticed there was a group of people walking right behind me.

One half of the door had "PULL" on it. The other half of the door had "PUSH" on it.

I got so nervous my mind turned to mush and I pushed on the half that said PULL!::eek:::rolleyes:

Aletheia

gifted.gif

I do this all the time.

MikeyC

I sometimes wonder how anyone can be so certain of anything. How do people have so much conviction in what they assert to be true? and is it just as equally true if someone disagrees?
It depends on the context. If someone says, "I am certain that 1 + 1 = 2 and I can't be disproved," then it's not true if someone disagrees. But if someone says, "I am certain that Nicholas Cage is a great actor," then that's more of a subjective viewpoint.

Last Christmas, my kitten liked to climb the tree and play with the ornaments, so quite a few branches are bent or broken. There is a giant bare spot right in the middle. It'll be a little sad putting it up and realizing that she isn't going to be around to mess it up more this year.
Yeah, losing cats are no good. Lost our cat last year so I know what that's like. She won't be at the door anymore. She won't be scratching at my door to hang out with me anymore. It's sad. It's still sad. Sorry for your loss. *ultrahugs*