Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I sometimes wonder how anybody can be so certain of anything. How is it that we are convinced that our own opinions and assertions are correct? How can anybody know that they are right about anything? And why does it make us feel uncomfortable when our beliefs are threatened or contradicted...?

Thats what I am thinking about.

Because there is no written right or wrong.

Our human perception is a perception limited to merely us. Seeing as we are the dominant creature on this planet, it's easy to forgot that we're one amongst many. Thus, what we believe (with that I mean every opinion and thought of every human on the planet) is merely a collection of one of many.

What we believe to be true is a mechanism to make us stay alive. Because what do we do in a lifetime that matters on a universal scale? Reproduce? Make a lot of money? These are all trivial and unimportant things when you look at the total picture. Even if you would literally save the world... twice, it wouldn't even scratch the surface of being universally important.

And so, because every lifeform wants to keep existing, but since there is no actual point to it, we make our own reason. We praise our existence, put ourselves in the center of attention in terms of Gods, excuse invading area's are already homes to other creature; because we're human, and to us we're priority number one. I'm of course speaking in a purely bio-mechanical point of view.

Opinions are part of this reasoning. For every opinion out there, there's one that is exactly opposite. If there was one opinion that was actually true in essence, the opposite one would not need to exist.

But back to your question; Why does it make us uncomfortable?

Because in a lot of ways our opinions/perpective is all we have. When it's threatened or taken away from us, it makes our very human-reality vulnerable, even if only the tiniest bit.

Last edited:

Silatuyok

Because there is no written right or wrong.

Our human perception is a perception limited to merely us. Seeing as we are the dominant creature on this planet, it's easy to forgot that we're one amongst many. Thus, what we believe (with that I mean every opinion and thought of every human on the planet) is merely a collection of one of many.

What we believe to be true is a mechanism to make us stay alive. Because what do we do in a lifetime that matters on a universal scale? Reproduce? Make a lot of money? These are all trivial and unimportant things when you look at the total picture. Even if you would literally save the world... twice, it wouldn't even scratch the surface of being universally important.

And so, because every lifeform wants to keep existing, but since there is no actual point to it, we make our own reason. We praise our existence, put ourselves in the center of attention in terms of Gods, excuse invading area's are already homes to other creature; because we're human, and to us we're priority number one. I'm of course speaking in a purely bio-mechanical point of view.

Opinions are part of this reasoning. For every opinion out there, there's one that is exactly opposite. If there was one opinion that was actually true in essence, the opposite one would not need to exist.

But back to your question; Why does it make us uncomfortable?

Because in a lot of ways our opinions/perpective is all we have. When it's threatened or taken away from us, it makes our very human-reality vulnerable, even if only the tiniest bit.

I like this. It's like what I wanted to say but couldn't find the words to get it out.

MikeyC

I must hold the title of having "the most inactive cellphone in the world". :cool:
No, that title goes to my parents. ;)

When I broke up with my ex, my cell phone use dropped dramatically. No more texts from her, and I realised I wasn't getting texts from other people, either. I would go 2 days or so without anyone contacting me. It's picked up a bit now, not by much, though.

MrJones

That seems like a nasty thing to say. :confused:
Actually I'm quite used at people telling me they dislike me and I see people are better when I'm not around, one of the reasons I'm slowly becoming a hermit. I've been trying to change it lately, to open up a bit more, both online and irl but it's not working. I don't know what should I do. I'm gonna roll myself up in a big ball and die.

megalon

I braved the crowds at the mall today to try and get a gift for my brother. It turns out they were sold out of what I went for so I walked around for a little bit. I ended up buying some clothes for myself and I found a Doctor Who action figure. So I went intending to get gifts for my family and the only person I bought gifts for was... myself.::eek::

alwaysrunning

I braved the crowds at the mall today to try and get a gift for my brother. It turns out they were sold out of what I went for so I walked around for a little bit. I ended up buying some clothes for myself and I found a Doctor Who action figure. So I went intending to get gifts for my family and the only person I bought gifts for was... myself.::eek::

hehe just think of it as a reward for being braving the mall crowd...not an easy task =)

When a trusted family member insults you point blank out of nowhere, it can knock you out of the ball park.
Even if you know they are having a bad day, it still hurts ::(:

DeadmanWalking

When a trusted family member insults you point blank out of nowhere, it can knock you out of the ball park.

Yeah, it can. *hugs* I'm sorry about that. Just try to chalk it up to their bad day, that you're not really listening to the "them" that you know. Time usually heals those types of wounds. You could also go up to them and tell them that those words they said were really hurtful to you.

Ouch! I hope they come to their sensibilities and apologise

They are not the type to apologise :s
I love the snazy Christmas tree in your signature btw.:cool:

Yeah, it can. *hugs* I'm sorry about that. Just try to chalk it up to their bad day, that you're not really listening to the "them" that you know. Time usually heals those types of wounds. You could also go up to them and tell them that those words they said were really hurtful to you.

Thanks for the *hugs* Deadman.

Phoenixx

^ Oh, I know what you mean. It really does hurt. ::(: Honestly to have a family member insult you hurts worse than if it was anyone else doing so.

Edit: Just saw your other response. Sorry to hear your family is not the type to apologize. :( I at least hope they make it up to you somehow.

Last edited:
^ Oh, I know what you mean. It really does hurt. ::(: Honestly to have a family member insult you hurts worse than if it was anyone else doing so.

Edit: Just saw your other response. Sorry to hear your family is not the type to apologize. :( I at least hope they make it up to you somehow.

yes, I think it hurts more then if anyone else does it because they know you (in terms of having SA) and therefore know it would sting all that much more then anyone who does not know the extent of your SA. Thanks phoenixx.