Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

KiaKaha

Banned
I am wondering..

That perhaps its better to receive no compliment at all, rather than an insincere one. Why bother if its obvious you don't really mean it? Is it because social convention says you are supposed too?

I am also wondering...whether physicists would get more enjoyment out of children's toys than children do... I would...if I was (were?) a physicist...

Last edited:

MrJones

I am wondering..

That perhaps its better to receive no compliment at all, rather than an insincere one. Why bother if its obvious you don't really mean it? Is it because social convention says you are supposed too?

I am also wondering...whether physicists would get more enjoyment out of children's toys than children do... I would...if I was a physicist...
If I'm not wrong, social convention tells us to be polite, not to compliment. If someone gives a compliment is because they want, not because they have to. It can be insincere, though, and, honestly, I don't like lies.

I am wondering..

I know what you mean. I would rather not receive the insincere and fake compliments from people too.

I also can't stand the way sales assistants always say "How are you?" when they serve you. Whats the point!? You know they don't give a brass razoo about how your feeling and they repeat it like a robot to everyone they see.:rolleyes:

KiaKaha

Banned
I know what you mean. I would rather not receive the insincere and fake compliments from people too.

I also can't stand the way sales assistants always say "How are you?" when they serve you. Whats the point!? You know they don't give a brass razoo about how your feeling and they repeat it like a robot to everyone they see.:rolleyes:

It can be nice. A little bit of manners can go along way... but if one is too partake in social pleasantries, then the body language and tone of voice has to match the words being said... otherwise its just insulting more than anything else.

"how are you?" said said with warmth is far more sincere than "how are you" with a tone of contempt and boredom....you know...only being said because they 'have' to.

moan moan moan :D

Last edited:

DeadmanWalking

Not sneaky enough. And they've already left. They're in Ohio or Pennsylvania or somewhere else that's cooler than here.

But, super! I thought you were so cool that the temperature around you drops 20 degrees! That's what you told me, right? And who's to say that you still can't go? I'll get you there if you want, or you can stay there too.

bsebring

It's time for a change to bring in the new year. I'm redecorating my room. No more gothic emo depressing crap. I don't find the need to live in my adolescence anymore. Time for something new :)

Srijita52

It's time for a change to bring in the new year. I'm redecorating my room. No more gothic emo depressing crap. I don't find the need to live in my adolescence anymore. Time for something new :)

That's lovely! A little change always helps to make a fresh start :) Glad you want to try something new.

lonely_drummer

Racing mind racing mind. I can't stop thinking so I can't sleep. Hmmmm, I even drank a lot so I could pass out but now I'm just starting to feel the hangover. I can't stop thinking about her but I'm almost positive she doesn't want to be with me, she can probably smell the desperation from a mile away. What was I thinking? Why would any girl be into me? I'm hideous! I'm nothing compared to the other guys she could be with. Why can't I just go back to when I embraced my loneliness? I never needed this before. One girl shows remote interest in me for the first time in 4 years and I see it more than what it is. Why am I so weak? Ahhhhhhh go to ****in sleep!!!

this_portrait

Whenever I go to beauty stores, I have to smell the cologne Givenchy Play Intense. I should just buy a bottle so I can indulge in the scent of it when I'm in the privacy of my own home. My next b/f is going to get sprayed with it, too, whether he likes it or not. :D