Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MsBuzzkillington

Every person you have ever loved or cared about will eventually die. - Just sayin.

Happy New Year.

Yep, same with every person you have ever met. Every person who has been mean to you.

The fact that everything and everyone dies is all the more reason to not fear death and not have it be something terribly depressing. It's part of life, it's inevitable, no reason to let it get you down.

------

And a random thought that came from a joke a friend of mine posted on facebook. Can't we get over the Twilight vampire sparkling thing already? I mean, I could see if you thought it was stupid you made fun of it for a year or so. But it's been many years, I think the first book came out in 2005ish? So almost 7 years ago. How are we still making fun of it? How can people feel justified about making fun of a mythical book/creature/idea/story. Like people are offended that vampires sparkle. I dunno, I feel like that would be like me getting mad if someone wrote a book where unicorns ate bunny rabbits.

I don't want to offend anyone. I just wish people would get over it. If you don't like the books just move on.

hoddesdon

"The American Indian is of the soil, whether it be the region of forests, plains, pueblos, or mesas. He fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings. He once grew as naturally as the wild sunflowers, he belongs just as the buffalo belonged....

Out of the Indian approach to life there came a great freedom, an intense and absorbing respect for life, enriching faith in a Supreme Power, and principles of truth, honesty, generosity, equity, and brotherhood as a guide to mundane relations.

You have noticed that everything an Indian does is in a circle, and that is because the Power of the World always works in circles, and everything tries to be round..... The Sky is round, and I have heard that the earth is round like a ball, and so are all the stars. The wind, in its greatest power, whirls. Birds make their nest in circles, for theirs is the same religion as ours....

Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were. The life of a man is a circle from childhood to childhood, and so it is in everything where power moves."

-Black Elk (Oglala Sioux) 1863-1950

I ate Nutella straight from the jar and watched Coldplay on Austin City Limits to ring in the new year. Overall, I'd say it was a pretty good night. Now I have to take the damned Christmas tree down!

Alice <3
tumblr_lx3x38gjps1qhgwvgo1_500.jpg

Oh, you've told me who this Alice is and I don't remember! Are you at a concert?

DeadmanWalking

I ate Nutella straight from the jar and watched Coldplay on Austin City Limits to ring in the new year. Overall, I'd say it was a pretty good night. Now I have to take the damned Christmas tree down!

I'll help if you want me to;). After we take down the Christmas tree, maybe we can have a New Year's celebration, just the two of us;)! But, I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the night!

twiggle

Is it irrational to feel as though I'm being somewhat stalked online? My ex, who I last week had to put on a restricted FB list because he noticed and commented on a small change in my profile, posted a comment on my blog at a very silly time of morning earlier. I've never even given him the URL, he just saw it in my FB info (who even looks at that info page?!). Around the same time as that, he was posting a status about being drunk and putting up a photo of his face covered in blood after intervening in a fight, allegedly.
It's all making me feel pretty unnerved. I wish he'd just leave me alone. I hate the thought of him looking through any of my stuff but there's no way I can block him from my blog.

MrJones

Is it irrational to feel as though I'm being somewhat stalked online? My ex, who I last week had to put on a restricted FB list because he noticed and commented on a small change in my profile, posted a comment on my blog at a very silly time of morning earlier. I've never even given him the URL, he just saw it in my FB info (who even looks at that info page?!). Around the same time as that, he was posting a status about being drunk and putting up a photo of his face covered in blood after intervening in a fight, allegedly.
It's all making me feel pretty unnerved. I wish he'd just leave me alone. I hate the thought of him looking through any of my stuff but there's no way I can block him from my blog.
I don't think it's irrational, but you don't have to worry that much about him.
He may behave "a bit" weird, but he's not part of your life anymore, why be bothered about it? Just try to enjoy this new year and forget about such things :)

DeadmanWalking

I'm pretty unnerved myself. Were the comments bad or just creepy? Maybe you could threaten to call the cops on him. A part of me believes that this is just the beginning::(:.

twiggle

I don't think it's irrational, but you don't have to worry that much about him.
He may behave "a bit" weird, but he's not part of your life anymore, why be bothered about it? Just try to enjoy this new year and forget about such things :)

That's easier said than done, I try and block him out but he's there looking at my things, sending me messages all the time. I've tried to be nice but I'm on the verge of blocking him completely. Doesn't solve the problem with my blog though.

I'm pretty unnerved myself. Were the comments bad or just creepy? Maybe you could threaten to call the cops on him. A part of me believes that this is just the beginning::(:.

They weren't bad, nor particularly creepy, but it's the fact he was on there at such a weird time. It's dangerous because I can't quite tell what to think. If one of my friends was to do what he'd done, I wouldn't think anything more of it. But... because it's him... it makes me uncomfortable. Yet I feel if I was to say something about it to him,he'd just try and make me feel stupid by saying he's just trying to be a friend. But, really? Noticing small changes? Looking at a blog I never even told him I had? Checking it whilst drunk?
Bah.

Phoenixx

^ Oh, I know right? Who does that? :rolleyes: (guilty :p)

Hm... Not really sure what else you could do. Do you comment back at all to anything he says? Maybe some ignorance will give him the hint to leave you alone. Or maybe tell him off and hope for the best?

Acegame

Maybe he did all that because he was drunk and he regrets it now. I think you should ignore it this time and if he doesn't get the hint, maybe you let him know you don't appreciate it?

DeadmanWalking

They weren't bad, nor particularly creepy, but it's the fact he was on there at such a weird time. It's dangerous because I can't quite tell what to think. If one of my friends was to do what he'd done, I wouldn't think anything more of it. But... because it's him... it makes me uncomfortable. Yet I feel if I was to say something about it to him,he'd just try and make me feel stupid by saying he's just trying to be a friend. But, really? Noticing small changes? Looking at a blog I never even told him I had? Checking it whilst drunk?
Bah.

Well, I think you may have to end up completely blocking him if this continues. It's not being mean, it's protecting yourself. Besides, a friend wouldn't be doing this kind of stuff, I believe. He's acting like a bit of a creep really.

MrJones

That's easier said than done, I try and block him out but he's there looking at my things, sending me messages all the time. I've tried to be nice but I'm on the verge of blocking him completely. Doesn't solve the problem with my blog though.
Yeah, I imagine it can't be easy ::(:
Bah.
He realized what an awesome girl he let escape. He's just dying inside, let him suffer ;):D

Really, I hope he stops doing that, he needs to move on and let you live in peace.

twiggle

^ Oh, I know right? Who does that? :rolleyes: (guilty :p)

Hm... Not really sure what else you could do. Do you comment back at all to anything he says? Maybe some ignorance will give him the hint to leave you alone. Or maybe tell him off and hope for the best?

Maybe he did all that because he was drunk and he regrets it now. I think you should ignore it this time and if he doesn't get the hint, maybe you let him know you don't appreciate it?

Well, I think you may have to end up completely blocking him if this continues. It's not being mean, it's protecting yourself. Besides, a friend wouldn't be doing this kind of stuff, I believe. He's acting like a bit of a creep really.

Yeah, I imagine it can't be easy ::(:

He realized what an awesome girl he let escape. He's just dying inside, let him suffer ;):D

Really, I hope he stops doing that, he needs to move on and let you live in peace.

Thanks for all your inputs. I needed to hear this. In trying to overcome my S.A I've been trying not to worry or dramatise things in my mind too much, but times like this I realise it's sometimes necessary to be cautious.
I never respond to anything he writes. I think I'll have to say something if this happens again, atm I just don't have enough evidence. Just going to be extra careful from now on.

AsTimeBurns

I'd quite like to move to another country and try and start afresh. Not that anything would be different of course, i'd be the same person just in a different location.
Of course I'd prefer another planet. That really pains me that I was born too soon to explore the universe and set foot on other worlds, meet other species. Oh well.

Acegame

Ignoring and blocking can make some people mad sometimes, so i'd definitely send him a message if it happens again and gently tell him you don't like it when he's trying to make contact. You're right to be carefull. In my country something like this turned ugly last month.

Last edited:

MrJones

I'd quite like to move to another country and try and start afresh. Not that anything would be different of course, i'd be the same person just in a different location.
Same here, I need a change like that.
What country/countries do you have in mind, if I may ask?