Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

AsTimeBurns

Any really, though I don't speak any other languages so it would be hard moving to one that doesn't speak English.

But any of:

Ireland, USA, Canada, Iceland, Russia would be fine.

twiggle

Ignoring and blocking can make some people mad sometimes, so i'd definitely send him a message if it happens again and gently tell him you don't like it when he's trying to make contact. You're right to be carefull.

That's a good point.
I think I'll wait until the next message, and then say something :)
Thanks

MrJones

Any really, though I don't speak any other languages so it would be hard moving to one that doesn't speak English.

But any of:

Ireland, USA, Canada, Iceland, Russia would be fine.
Some of those are in my list too, but English would be a problem for me lol
Anyway I don't want to move to another country and speak Spanish, USA or Canada would be a good chance in life.

AsTimeBurns

Some of those are in my list too, but English would be a problem for me lol
Anyway I don't want to move to another country and speak Spanish, USA or Canada would be a good chance in life.

Yup. Unfortunately it's extremely difficult to find work in other countries.

MrJones

Yup. Unfortunately it's extremely difficult to find work in other countries.
Probably it would be hard to get the jobs of our dreams, but I'd take a simpler job if it means I'd be living a happy life. Of course, nothing guarantees it, but I have to try.

MrJones

What job would you prefer?
I'm trying to become a computer engineer (hoping to finish the studies in summer 2013) so something related to it would be nice. To find something the best would be to go to Germany or something, but I don't want to go there (nothing against Germany or Germans ::p:).

And you?

AsTimeBurns

I'm trying to become a computer engineer (hoping to finish the studies in summer 2013) so something related to it would be nice. To find something the best would be to go to Germany or something, but I don't want to go there (nothing against Germany or Germans ::p:).

And you?

No idea any more. I work as a php web developer/learning technologies advisor at the moment, but I'm not really enjoying it all that much.

I thought I wanted to be a teacher, but I'm just not sure. I'm kind of drawn to game programming as well, because I enjoy computer games and creating these in depth stories for people to play out, but you need very high levels of ability and high maths skills for that, which I don't have. Can't abide maths, doesn't make any sense.

So no idea really. I do know I don't want to waste my life behind a computer, I want to do something that actually matters, at least a little. But I don't know what that is.

coyote

goat.jpg

MrJones

No idea any more. I work as a php web developer/learning technologies advisor at the moment, but I'm not really enjoying it all that much.

I thought I wanted to be a teacher, but I'm just not sure. I'm kind of drawn to game programming as well, because I enjoy computer games and creating these in depth stories for people to play out, but you need very high levels of ability and high maths skills for that, which I don't have. Can't abide maths, doesn't make any sense.

So no idea really. I do know I don't want to waste my life behind a computer, I want to do something that actually matters, at least a little. But I don't know what that is.
If it weren't for so many maths I'd like to go into game programming/designing/whatever, it would be nice, it's what I wanted to do. I'm not very good at it, though. Now I don't care that much about work and money as long as I have enough to live and provide my loved ones with what they deserve.

KiaKaha

Banned
I have two thoughts.

First, I think I may over compensate when it comes to other people. I have to be liked...by everyone.. Otherwise I am not OK. I think the reason I tend to be unapproachable is maybe because I try to hard.... but... I also think there are other factors involved. How do friendships form if no one wants to make the first move? If I make the first move is that considered over compensation? I think about this a lot, and I am trying to figure it out.

Also..

I think society values the wrong things. I get irritated how celebrities seemed to be more admired than doctors, humanitarians, scientists and people who fight for our freedoms get taken for granted. I like some celebrities yes, but I dont worship them and I dont think they deserve as much as they get. I also dont like how money seems to some, determines a persons worth as a human being. ALL people are worth something, no matter their social class or how much money they have. Everyone has a right to a dignified life.

MrJones

First, I think I may over compensate when it comes to other people. I have to be liked...by everyone.. Otherwise I am not OK. I think the reason I tend to be unapproachable is maybe because I try to hard.... but... I also think there are other factors involved. How do friendships form if no one wants to make the first move? If I make the first move is that considered over compensation? I think about this a lot, and I am trying to figure it out.
I think sometimes the best is not to overthink that much and try just to be relaxed in such situations. You will never be liked by everyone, so don't worry about it if you don't. You want to make friends? Don't think about if making the first move is over compensation, just do it and you'll have one more friend.
Overthinking is certainly not good.
I think society values the wrong things. I get irritated how celebrities seemed to be more admired than doctors, humanitarians, scientists and people who fight for our freedoms get taken for granted. I like some celebrities yes, but I dont worship them and I dont think they deserve as much as they get. I also dont like how money seems to some, determines a persons worth as a human being. ALL people are worth something, no matter their social class or how much money they have. Everyone has a right to a dignified life.
I agree with you. One of the many reasons why I don't understand most people is what they value the most.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
How VJ test the waters before introducing an interest:

It's New Year's Eve, I'm watching 'Bridesmaids' with my sister and dad. The scene when Fiona Apple's 'Paper Bag' starts playing.

Me: Hey, uh [sister], would you want this song on your iPod?
Sister: Ugh eww no.
Me: Why not? It's not that bad.
Sister: Um yeah it is it is the worst song I've ever heard I'd rather shoot myself.

Needless to say, the test was not passed ::p:

I thought it would be funny if I showed the kitten how to climb. Now, without prompt, he climbs via my pants, via my sweater, up to my shoulder, and casually strolls from one side to the next.

It's gonna be one of those badasses, I just know it. <3

We're keeping it after all, by the way.

I thought it would be funny if I showed the kitten how to climb. Now, without prompt, he climbs via my pants, via my sweater, up to my shoulder, and casually strolls from one side to the next.

It's gonna be one of those badasses, I just know it. <3

We're keeping it after all, by the way.

oooh a badass kitten!:cool: Thats great you are keeping it puma:)

I would so love to get a cat, something to pat, snuggle up to. *sigh*

(*damns my landlord to hell*:D)