Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Srijita52

I hope I am not combo breaking anything by posting. :p

So I hung out with a new friend today. It's someone I had been talking to from okcupid for about two and a half months or so. We finally got around to meeting up. A couple weeks ago we were supposed to meet up and the night before we texted a small amount and he said that he was drunk and partying. Then the next day I didn't hear from him at all. Then a couple days later he sent me a text apologizing for blowing me off but that he got too drunk and ended up in the hospital. Then the next day he went on a hike and then spent time with a friend who wanted to make sure he was okay.

Part of me was like, yikes that sucks that he ended up having to go to the hospital. But the other part was thinking it sounded like a BS story. I mean, who goes through that and then spends a few hours hiking around in the desert? Then goes to hang out with a friend and doesn't text me at all?

I left it alone for awhile and then we made plans for today. We hung out and he was fairly open with talking about stuff. He just graduated from college and he's been going through a really rough time because a lot of things he had planned to go after college fell through. Apparently it's been extremely overwhelming and he had a total break down that night he went to the hospital. The reason he went to the hospital is because he tried to kill himself.

He said it was mainly him drinking a ton of alcohol and the party and then he took a few sleeping pills because he just wanted to go to sleep and have the night just be over. But his friends found out what he was doing and freaked out and called the cops. Then I guess the next day when he came home he just had to be out of the house and away from people and that's why he went hiking. Then the friend came over to spend the night with him because she knew he needed someone there.

It's all kind of surreal and freaky. I was texting him that night and I was kind of being snotty because he was texting about being so drunk. We were texting and I had absolutely no idea he was going through much emotional turmoil. It just makes me wish I was more supportive or friendly or something that night. It's scary to think about what could have happened.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It seems like he is going through a very rough time now. But don't be too hard on yourself, you didn't know about it all. You can be a lot of help by simply being there for him but only whenever he wants you around. Its very nice of you to care about him though, you seem like a very good friend :)

MsBuzzkillington

Thanks guys, it's just so weird to think about how I was texting him the same night he did it and I had no idea. I feel bad for him, he had a lot of bad things happen all at once. Now he has no idea what he is going to do for his future, and he has lots of anxiety now. I'll let him know I am here if he ever needs someone to talk.

lonely_drummer

Man I really wish the chat dealio worked so I could sit and stare at all the names I could be chatting to but too scared to start lol. I been getting better though!

Aletheia

I'll let him know I am here if he ever needs someone to talk.

Wow.

Goes to show how easy it is to make assumptions based on our own insecurities, which may have little bearing on what is actually going on for the other person.

I'm so sorry that your friend is having such a hard time. It's lovely that you're there for him.

MrJones

New chat! thanks webmaster :D
It wasn't working for me at the beginning, but I guess it was because I had all the old conversations that appeared as new, so I had a million pendant messages in the minichat and it was just taking a lot to load ::p:

gazelle

It wasn't working for me at the beginning, but I guess it was because I had all the old conversations that appeared as new, so I had a million pendant messages in the minichat and it was just taking a lot to load ::p:

Yeah me too and I answered some again before realizing the dates :confused:

Phoenixx

^ Same here. I was using Chrome when I had one username come up with 387 new messages! :eek: Then 6 more popped up out of the blue and then my browser froze. :rolleyes: Switched over to Firefox and it handled all those messages much better.

I was wondering who was bored enough last night to send me over 300 new messages until I realized they were all old conversations. ::p:

MrJones

^ Same here. I was using Chrome when I had one username come up with 387 new messages! :eek: Then 6 more popped up out of the blue and then my browser froze. :rolleyes: Switched over to Firefox and it handled all those messages much better.

I was wondering who was bored enough last night to send me over 300 new messages until I realized they were all old conversations. ::p:
Yep, but when you close those they get deleted, I would still like to be able to read old conversations ::(:

GhastlyCC

I stopped hanging out with my best/only friend of many years a few months ago.
He had been pissing me off for a long time...and I finally just told him to **** off and not come around or talk to me anymore.
...........I'm kinda missing that piece of **** today for some reason.
20qjtao.jpg

::(:

Shyangel

The exact same thing happened to me! I was thinking there was something wrong with my computer because everything was running so slow....I'm very glad that isn't the case cause I can't get another one of these things.

coyote

whew!!

finally deleted all the ghost messages that popped up in the new mini IM chatty thing

every IM that i got in the last two years

my deleting finger is awfully tired

MrJones

Another weekend, alone, sitting in the darkness
Lost, nothing to do, nowhere to go
No one to care about, no one to hug
All by myself, as I've always been, as I'll always be

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again....

Shyangel

Another weekend, alone, sitting in the darkness
Lost, nothing to do, nowhere to go
No one to care about, no one to hug
All by myself, as I've always been, as I'll always be

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again....

You have a lot going for you ,Mrjones.
I wish you would look at all the positives instead of the negatives.

Your doing a heck of alot better then me, buddy.:D