Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

dragonoth

At high school I was someone. I was my own person. I stood out as an individual.

And now at university I am no one. I don't feel like my own person anymore. I'm a shadow in the background. People used to get jealous of me and I wouldn't know it. Now I get jealous of everyone else. Is this an indication of how 'low' I've sunk?

psych

No, you're still the same big fish, as you were in that smaller pond... Just that now you're that big fish in a much much larger pond, filled with many more fish of all sizes! :)

Speaking of fish.... I wonder if the tuna salad I made yesterday, will still be ok to eat tomorrow? :confused:

this_portrait

Being unemployed and trying to find work is a very stressful and draining experience. I assume that's what you're going through? Hang in there and I'm positive something will come up for you.

Yes, that about sums up what I'm going through. I was doing fine today until I received some not-so-great "news," and now I'm paranoid that I won't get to renew my lease and be stuck moving back in with my parents in a town where I'll close to no opportunities. I really want to believe that something will come up pretty soon, but I'm so impatient, and at the rate things are going, I'm finding it hard to believe that I'll get a break any time soon.

MikeyC

Yes, that about sums up what I'm going through. I was doing fine today until I received some not-so-great "news," and now I'm paranoid that I won't get to renew my lease and be stuck moving back in with my parents in a town where I'll close to no opportunities. I really want to believe that something will come up pretty soon, but I'm so impatient, and at the rate things are going, I'm finding it hard to believe that I'll get a break any time soon.
Trying to find work is a luck game, I think. The more you put yourself out there, the luckier you'll be. However, some people are luckier than others. You're a smart girl so I know you'll get something, but yeah, you just have to be patient and to persevere. Hopefully you don't have to move out because that would not be good at all.

Vampayah88

Extremely depressed.....I can't help my mom because she doesn't want to help herself...how am I suppose to encourage someone and make them feel better when no matter what I say it's wrong....I don't know what to say anymore...I'm scared for her health..shes not well at all. I simply don't know what to do, and nobodys helping..i have no family...my so called dad, brother don't care....there's no support from anyone...I cant do anything because im a student..have no job...I see no way out..i dont know what i should tell her to get herself together anymore..it's all getting worse and worse.....

MikeyC

Extremely depressed.....I can't help my mom because she doesn't want to help herself...how am I suppose to encourage someone and make them feel better when no matter what I say it's wrong....I don't know what to say anymore...I'm scared for her health..shes not well at all. I simply don't know what to do, and nobodys helping..i have no family...my so called dad, brother don't care....there's no support from anyone...I cant do anything because im a student..have no job...I see no way out..i dont know what i should tell her to get herself together anymore..it's all getting worse and worse.....
I'm sorry if I've missed something but what is wrong with your mum?

Vampayah88

I'm sorry if I've missed something but what is wrong with your mum?

She's been sent to an oncology center..u know what that means....I don't even want to think about it...she doesn't even have money to go check herself there..and she's afraid....theres no money to go to the dentist and get her mouth fixed and im scared an infection will go to her head because of that..if it hasn't already, she's crying a lot, says she wants to kill herself...shes just going through a divorce too, and so many other complications...shes simply feel desperate, alone, and she has no one, no support, she feels like she has no perspective. I don't know what to do.
Its moments like this i simply want to fall asleep and never wake up again.

MikeyC

She's been sent to an oncology center..u know what that means....I don't even want to think about it...she doesn't even have money to go check herself there..and she's afraid....theres no money to go to the dentist and get her mouth fixed and im scared an infection will go to her head because of that..if it hasn't already, she's crying a lot, says she wants to kill herself...shes just going through a divorce too, and so many other complications...shes simply feel desperate, alone, and she has no one, no support, she feels like she has no perspective. I don't know what to do.
I remember the problems you're having with the divorce. That sucks on its own.

I'm sorry you're mum's going through all that stuff, Vamp. ::(: The best thing you can do is just be there for her when she needs you. Unfortunately, you are also depressed so it's not easy to do that. You are trying to battle your own demons while fending off hers.

I wish there was more I could say or do but I don't know what they are. If you ever need to vent, and I mean ever, you can chat to me.

Vampayah88

I remember the problems you're having with the divorce. That sucks on its own.

I'm sorry you're mum's going through all that stuff, Vamp. ::(: The best thing you can do is just be there for her when she needs you. Unfortunately, you are also depressed so it's not easy to do that. You are trying to battle your own demons while fending off hers.

I wish there was more I could say or do but I don't know what they are. If you ever need to vent, and I mean ever, you can chat to me.

Thanks Mikey.

Srijita52

I'm sorry Vamp. Its just very awful that she's going through so much. I agree, you can be a huge help by being there for her. I understand its very hard to see her suffer. Stay strong.

MikeyC

I'm not that incredible but thank you.
You're incredible. :)
Thank you. :)

So there's a major sporting event on TV here, and my next door neighbour is yelling and clapping loudly. I'll be in bed before the game is over and I'll have to listen to that while trying to sleep. ::(: