Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

How do they make those freeze-time turn around the object shots in real life? Is it multiple cameras? A single high speed camera they fling around a rig in a fraction of a second?

I mean like the shot they used in The Matrix, but without CGI.

How do they make those freeze-time turn around the object shots in real life? Is it multiple cameras? A single high speed camera they fling around a rig in a fraction of a second?

I mean like the shot they used in The Matrix, but without CGI.

In the Matrix, they used multiple cameras. I'd imagine that's how most movies would do it.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I'm going through my room and getting rid of things (donating mostly) and I find as I go through my bookcase many (most) of the books are designed for children half my age. There's a part of me that still wants them, just lay on my bed and read them someday. I know though, that is taking a step in the wrong direction. I didn't think growing up was going to suck so much, it's harder letting go than I thought it would be. *Bids Captain Underpants collection fair thee well* ::(:

P+G

That's brave. I like to keep hold of everything. I should probably think about donating some things too.

Silatuyok

Tomorrow is my day off, but I can't stay at home because the tree guys are coming to remove a dead tree and have to turn off the power to the house. What should I do all day???

1BlackSheep

I'm going through my room and getting rid of things (donating mostly) and I find as I go through my bookcase many (most) of the books are designed for children half my age. There's a part of me that still wants them, just lay on my bed and read them someday. I know though, that is taking a step in the wrong direction. I didn't think growing up was going to suck so much, it's harder letting go than I thought it would be. *Bids Captain Underpants collection fair thee well* ::(:
You might want to pick out a few things and keep them for posterity. I kept a few of my teeny-bopper magazines and it's fun to go back and look at them now that I'm older. Brings back good memories!

MikeyC

Ah, sorry you're doing that, my friend. I have kept a few lost relics of my own. You're doing a good thing. :)

Phoenixx

^ I agree with BlackSheep. Don't tear yourself up completely, who says you can't keep a few childish things? I still have all the Dr. Seuss books I grew up with. I will never give those up. Ever.

MsBuzzkillington

You don't have to let go of everything. You can keep some really special things, I think a lot of people do that and a lot of people keep things from their childhood for memories sake. You need to have things to give your kids too. ;)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
You might want to pick out a few things and keep them for posterity. I kept a few of my teeny-bopper magazines and it's fun to go back and look at them now that I'm older. Brings back good memories!

^ I agree with BlackSheep. Don't tear yourself up completely, who says you can't keep a few childish things? I still have all the Dr. Seuss books I grew up with. I will never give those up. Ever.

You don't have to let go of everything. You can keep some really special things, I think a lot of people do that and a lot of people keep things from their childhood for memories sake. You need to have things to give your kids too. ;)

Yeah, I'm not going to remove my room of all childhood possessions but I really need to get rid of a lot of stuff, I'm a total pack rat and one of those people who always thinks "hey, maybe one day I'll use this again." I'm sure I'm going to use this joke book with 101 shark jokes again or music robot that plays cassettes again. :rolleyes:

More than anything I just need to grow up though, my room has barely changed since I was 12. Can't be wishing things were how they were anymore, gotta start looking ahead and where I am today. Getting new things isn't a crazy idea either, I have a shirt from 1st grade in my drawer still (It was big when I was little so it still fits, but still::p:) If I want to move forward I need to start making changes like this. Memories are memories, they should stay as such at best, not as something I see as a potential future, which is what I am telling myself if keep them around. I'll never get rid of the stuffed tiger I've had since the day I was born, but the box of stuffed animals under my bed can go now. Let some other kids enjoy them.