Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

WeirdyMcGee

Hay, I'm 19, and I know all about the planet of the apes movies. it depends on what version she was talking about. 2001 is not ancient to me, maybe 1968 would be, but not 2001. I know that was over 10 years ago and it does not even seem like it to me either, it seem like time flew, but I guess different people have different perspectives on time.

Well, she was talking 2001 'remake' (which was kind of terrible in my opinion... haha) she didn't seem to know that it was a re-imaginging, though.
Like when I worked at the theater when the movie came out and kids came out, saying it was the best concept for a movie ever-- and didn't realize that there were original movies...

I may have gone to film school but I don't think I expect too much of people to assume they know or have heard about some of the classic trilogies in film history... the Godfather, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Star Wars... PLANET OF THE APES
haha
I'm not expecting anyone to know what I'm talking about when I mention 'The Room' or 'Santa Claus Conquers the Martians'

...anyway-- I'm going to bed. -__-'

me: I find Chernobyl pretty fascinating...
brother's friend: really? 'fascinating'? Who even says that?
me: ...uhh... people who speak English?

~

brother's friend: oh, yeah-- we watched this REALLY old movie the other night. Planet of the Apes-- with marky mark.
**totally serious right now**
~

...seriously? SERIOUSLY?!
I guess I'm just old? Very old.
I can't imagine my children NOT knowing about the original Planet of the Apes movies. T__T
The best movies ever made were made in the late 60's to 80's! GAH!
What are people TEACHING their children?!
And fascinating?! It's not even a huge word-- it's totally practical!! @__@

I'll just go die now. I obviously don't belong in this era. haha

I feel like I'm from the wrong era sometimes, too. But I'm not a big movie person, let alone older movies. So if someone asked me if I wanted to watch The Planet of the Apes, I would probably assume it would be the remake. Why don't you sit your brother and his friend down and make them watch the original one? If this kid is 19, he wasn't even 10 when the remake came out, so it may seem old to him. One of my favorite movies, My Cousin Vinny, came out in 1992. I was only 5 years old. I would call it an older movie, but not an old one. I don't get the 'fascinating' thing, though. I say it all the time. It's a commonly used word, as far as I know. Apparently this boy is just stupid. ;)

KiaKaha

Banned
I am wondering -

Why people judge you on the last thing it is that you did...rather than who you are.
Its curious. You could be a really amazing person - which may grant you some forgiveness - but ultimately no matter what kind of life you have led... the LAST thing that you did, especially if it was something that is bad - will be the thing that you are remembered for.

I always like to think of dead celebrities...

David Carradine - actor. Last thing he did? Autoerotic asphyxiation.
Whitney Houston - Singer. Remembered for drug use.

I find reputation and trust to be such a fragile thing.

Roman Legion

I'm bored and staring at a wall and can't help but think about the outlets.. Why are American outlets so exposed where you can stick something in and electrocute yourself (Or namely children).. Also how easy the plug comes out of the socket..

KiaKaha

Banned
Thats right - Kung fu... I was trying to remember...

I guess the point I am trying to make is that ones reputation is fragile. All it takes is a mistake that tarnishes your credibility...despite what kind of person you have been prior to your misjudgement.

If that makes sense....

coyote

Thats right - Kung fu... I was trying to remember...

I guess the point I am trying to make is that ones reputation is fragile. All it takes is a mistake that tarnishes your credibility...despite what kind of person you have been prior to your misjudgement.

If that makes sense....

but how people remember you really isn't up to you

some people will remember the good stuff

some people will remember the bad stuff

and that's really more a reflection of their character than it is yours

KiaKaha

Banned
Yes I know that - but what I am saying is that people have a tendency to remember negative things about you if they happen to occur. If you were an aid worker for fifty years, but accidentally burned down an orphanage - then sure, you will be remembered as being an aid worker BUT you are also "that guy that burned down the orphanage" changing the way that you are now seen.

It's hard to explain... I am just saying a clean slate is only clean for short amount of time until eventually marks against you no longer work in your favour...

dont worry... its difficult to explain what I mean without making me sound like an idiot...

MollyBeGood

I am very proud of myself for learning to live off needing very little things. It feels good not to be a consumer, and to be relatively self sufficient-though I want to be much much more so.

P+G

After my first year of university I'm back home. It's been three days and I can't stand it already. It's exactly how it was when I left. I loved being away and doing things on my own.

I feel like I should spend time with my family but there's barely any family time together. Is staying at home being miserable family time? No.

Maybe I should go back to London. I'll definitely be happier.

I feel like my parents are happy if I stay at home. They don't really talk to me. It's like as long as I'm home they're happy. Like a bird in a cage. As long as it's there that's fine. Guilt is holding me back. That's the only reason.

After my first year of university I'm back home. It's been three days and I can't stand it already. It's exactly how it was when I left. I loved being away and doing things on my own.

I feel like I should spend time with my family but there's barely any family time together. Is staying at home being miserable family time? No.

I feel like my parents are happy if I stay at home. They don't really talk to me. It's like as long as I'm home they're happy. Like a bird in a cage. As long as it's there that's fine. Guilt is holding me back. That's the only reason.

But, if you are happier on your own, then you should go for that instead. They are your parents and you should pay them a visit every now and then but you shouldn't let them hold you back.

They had a chance to head out and find a life for themselves, so why shouldn't you?

Last edited:
The kitchen faucet is broken. The hot water side won't turn off entirely, it just keeps on dripping. I've turned off the boiler so that it's at least cold water coming out, and a bottle underneath it so the water can be used at least.

Annoying.

Srijita52

I agree with Puma, its good that you pay a visit to your parents every now and then but if you think you'd be happier alone then go for it. Don't let them stop you.

Valhalla

"Trololo man in critical health condition"

Russian singer Eduard Khil who became an internet sensation two years ago is in a coma after a stroke. The 77-year-old stage star is in intensive care as he has suffered irreversible brain damage.

Not "my" thoughts per se, but still ...