Pro-Banthine???

teandtoast

i just get sweating in underarms ...like stickyiness all time as opposed to dripping
what sets it off is like walking about for ages or stress heat and the sunlight (even if cold)

as long as not doing anything to hectic (like walking around for ages) and manage to stay out of the heat and take on empty stocmach I would say reduces sweat by about 85%

u said u were going to talk to ur gp about Robinul Ditropan but not sure if they are available in uk so prob wont be able to prescribe
can be almost completley dry alot of the time

dougy

teaandtoast, if you only have axillary/underarm HH, have you tried Driclor? I have moderate-severe underarm HH as well as generalised HH but Driclor has got my underarm HH down to about 90% sweat free now.

You've probably already tried it but if you haven't I would seriously give it a go. You wouldn't have to be on any medication at all if it works. Just put it on once a week once the sweating is controlled.

Btw, I'm in Australia. Ditropan is available and is very cheap. Going to ask about Robinul but will probably have to order from pharmacy.ca.

teandtoast

Yeh used to use driclor and similar products and they stopped working after a while
also the pain and being unable to sleep because of them at night made it not worth doing
I find probanthine works better anyway

I suffer from generalised hyperhidrosis. I have just been prescribed pro-banthine. My doctor has instructed me to take one 15mg tablet three times a day.

I've been taking it for a day now, I've noticed a little less sweating. The only side effect I've noticed is a slightly dry mouth, although this isn't too extreme and quite manageable.

Yesterday I walked into town (about 15 mins) and wasn't sweating while I was walking, although I did when I entered a warm building at the end of the walk. Even here, I wasn't dripping as I am sometimes so I think the medication was reducing the sweating.

Later I cycled home (about 15 mins) and was still sweating a fair amount although perhaps this was because I was wearing a waterproof coat which isn't very breathable. I think it might have been less than usual though.

I haven't given it a serious test yet like hillwalking or going to the gym. Obviously it's expected to sweat to a degree in these situations, but I just want it to be less. I don't like the clammy feeling you get when your clothes are very damp with sweat, and when walking, too much sweat in certain places can result in a painful rash.

I don't mind sweating when cycling for fun, since when I do that I wear wicking fabrics etc. just when going somewhere it's nice not to arrive with sweat dripping off you.

I have been using Pro-banthine for about 2 weeks and are pretty circumspect.
Since I started using it it worked but sometimes my hands shake and I read that you shouldn't use it when consuming alcohol which pretty much buggers my weekends.

During the week I only take it as needed, I work for myself and are alone at home most of the time.

I want to excercise more but there are some drawbacks from not sweating I believe.

Have anyone encountered problems while doing cardio excercises? It won't help at all if my ticker suffers under the medication.

I will also not recommend taking too large quantities as there have been cases where users od'd on Pro-banthine. Your general health is more important than sweating, although we all know how debilitating it can be mentally.

I haven't noticed any side effects apart from a drier mouth, but even that's not too extreme. The other side effects like blurred vision and constipation haven't occured in my case. These occur since they relax certain involuntary muscles.

As for not sweating being a problem in itself, I don't find taking the pro-banthine at the level I take it stops sweating entirely, just reduces it to what I would consider a normal level. In fact sweating excessively might cause problems of its own, e.g. dehydration, or getting chills from being wet.

For instance I did a shortish cycle ride while on pro-banthine, and I still sweat, but just wasn't dripping with the stuff like I would have been before. Similarly when I entered a warm room from the cold, I still sweat a little, but just not dripping like I might have been before.

I haven't been to the gym on it, I've got a bit of a cold and cough at the moment so having a rest from that. Before pro-banthine I would easily totally soak a t-shirt with sweat after a gym session and have it drip off me. I would need to regularly dry my face with a hand towel.

I tend to wear a dark coloured wicking fabric baselayer when going to the gym which at least allows the sweat to evaporate, cotton just gets wet and stays wet.

I'm hoping that while on the pro-banthine I will exercise more, and hopefully lose weight, perhaps if I was slimmer (I'm a little under 90kg with a height of 1.7m) I would be less liable to overheat and sweat excessively. Perhaps if I manage that I will try coming off or reducing the dose.

I have been taking it for three weeks now, I think the effect of it is diminishing somewhat. I seem to be sweating more easily again. Has anyone else had this experience?

brotooth

It is been a while since the last post has been sent in this topic, can you guys let us know if you still use probanthine and if it still works for you?
By the way It seems that there is manufacture problem and most of the pharmacies don't have it in stock any more here in the UK.
Does anyone know where can I buy it online?