Regrets

Aerandir

Me, i'd like to go back the precise day I made this decision that led me to my current life (with SA) and take the opposite decision.. but the problem is, I can't do that and I don't know what decision it was...

Chilling__Echo

i like to say that i regret "this" or "that" but i also believe that things happen for a reason. life is a journey and a learning experience, so as long as i got something out of whatever happened or whatever i did, i try to let it go...

one thing though would have to be staying mad at my dad for so long... *sigh* yeah that one hurt, i know how you feel redlady, i'm sorry you're carrying those burdens - wish i could make them go away! :(

young

I don't have any regrets. I've learned from every mistake i've made. Sure i wish some things went a better way. Or had a better outcome. But i forget that thought. Or i'd go mad wishing I could change it. You can't change the past. You can only alter the future. That sounds like a hallamark card. w00t!

4myself

I'm with Young on this one. There are certainly things that I wish that I hadn't done or had done as long as you learn from mistakes then you wont end up repeating them.

Olivier25

my turn

well since nobody has the balls to say what they regret i ll do it....
(im kidding ; ))

i remember like it was yesturday...

at 15, at school. My SA became is real big problem and
it even manifested itself in the form that i was always feeling
like going to pee. my whole body was so stressed i just had to go
many times a day.

So much i even got a paper that said i could go anytime during class
can u believe it.

anyway,
after a while it was so bad and i felt so stupid and humiliated
from going to the bsathroom all the times(+ my regular SA)
that one day, instead of going to my next class, i put on my coat,
made a decision icouldnt g o on at school, went outside.
Walked the street in front of school for awhile, turned around and looked at my school like it was the last time id go there ever, sort of a
goodbye last look and went home.

Since that day at 15 i stayed at home most of the time like an hermit for almost 10 years. Never had a job in that time and saw only rarely my
last friend left.

i can remember looking back at my school so vividly, as it was
the crucial moment of my life that made me wasted all my youth
and my dynamism.

beside that, i regret have drinking so much whine and beer 3 days ago.
lol

now im mostly over my SA but i still have to build myself a life
and social life which im very slowly starting.

jamez

I got quite a few, I try not to dwell on it though.

I'm with Chilling_Echo, I believe everything happens for a reason and it will all work out for me in the end.

Olivier25

of course, no one should dwell on anything.

i know its a zen cliche but theres nothing but the present.

The only thing that "is", is "here and now".

Olivier

Chilling__Echo

wow olivier25 - that broke my heart! i'm glad you're picking up the pieces though, you've got your whole life ahead of you. it's really tough starting over. best of luck to you :wink:

but you have a great attitude about it, all we can do is look to the future and make the best of it.

Olivier25

well i ll take this as compassion.

actually i have this "attitude" as you say out of necessity.

and im not saying im all positive.
Life is hard and i feel bad often.
Part of the process. i mean i cant be satisfied with my life
right now. No one in their right mind would.

Still i dont dwell on it, out of necessity as i said.

maybe its different for diferent people but for me
i couldnt stand laying in my shit like that.

It was more(too much) painful to dwell on stuff
then to have "a good attitude" which is merely
deciding not to feel so bad.

Little Miss Scare All, why dont you jump in
and say a few thing thats on your mind and in your life....

Olivier

lostboi

I regret not learning what the hell was wrong with me when I was in Jr. highschool. Then maybe highschool wouldnt have sucked so badly and I wouldn't be alone right now. I guess I regret not having had more self confidence. I need to gain it and put my SA in check. Maybe hanging out here will help me do that. Maybe not.

My life has been a stream of endless regrets
perhaps some day I will look back and see something else.
I hope.

LibertadIlusoria

lostboi said:
I regret not learning what the hell was wrong with me when I was in Jr. highschool. Then maybe highschool wouldnt have sucked so badly and I wouldn't be alone right now.

I did find out what was wrong with me in jr. high, but I still haven't done anything about it (I'm still in high school though, 10th grade) and high school still sucks.

Ayla

Here's the thing. There are a lot of things I did in my life that I probably shouldn't have, and wouldn't have it I didn't have SA, but...

now I'm 22 and as a result of many crazy life choices I have a beautiful nine month old baby girl. I may not be where I should be, or where most university students are...but I love her, and she's the reason why I'm facing my problems and the reason why I'm ultimately going to overcome my SA. So, long story short, no regrets.

Tseng

I only have one regret, leaving school early and not sitting any exams. However I do realise that I couldn't have done anything else at the time and that overall it wans't really that important. I just wish I had something to show for that five years of hell... besides the SA of course :lol: .

Booger

I probably have alot of regrets but I think the things that happend to me and the things I did in my past need to be looked at and then burried, it's time to build a new me even if I hate myself suicide isn't an option in my mind because it's not fair for my family, so really just staying buisy and finding things that you enjoy (besides drugs of corse) is really the way to go. :D

Oddball

5 years ago I was laying in bed crying, I remember telling myself to stop talking to everybody because you're just going to embarass yourself even more and ever since then I've been getting worse with my SA... I regret choosing to live like this.

longlivesolitude

Hmm.. I think you have to remember your faults to be able to change if you experience the same situation again. Else you would keep making the same mistakes on and on. But of course it doesn't help to be sad about the past all the time.

Personally, I wish I had learned about my SA many years ago. Or at least I wish i hadn't lived such a isolated life with a computer for so many years. Hmm.. that's probably a prove that there won't be invented a timemachine as long as I live, because else my future self would have traveled back in time and spoke some wise words with me as a kid.