Shy Metalheads??? Am I the only one?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Not a huge fan of this album but this is easily the best song on it. The Blackening is a lot better, in my opinion.

I agree with you on that. Through the Ashes of Empires wasn't Machine Head's best effort, Imperium was definitely the standout song on that album. But The Blackening was a return to form for them.

MikeyC

I agree with you on that. Through the Ashes of Empires wasn't Machine Head's best effort, Imperium was definitely the standout song on that album. But The Blackening was a return to form for them.
Yeah, agreed. "Clenching The Fists Of Dissent" is a great track. Have you heard Unto The Locust? I haven't yet.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Yeah, agreed. "Clenching The Fists Of Dissent" is a great track. Have you heard Unto The Locust? I haven't yet.

Yeah, I've got Unto The Locust. I'd say it's very similar musically to The Blackening (it basically picks up where that album left off), but Unto The Locust incorporating more progressive elements. It's quite melodic as well. Very much influenced by Canadian prog rockers, Rush, as the band stated in a special edition issue of Metal Hammer magazine which was dedicated to the making of Unto The Locust. I'd say it's definitely worth checking out if you liked The Blackening.

Last edited:

MikeyC

Yeah, I've got Unto The Locust. I'd say it's very similar musically to The Blackening (it basically picks up where that album left off), but Unto The Locust incorporating more progressive elements. It's quite melodic as well. Very much influenced by Canadian prog rockers, Rush, as the band stated in a special edition issue of Metal Hammer magazine which was dedicated to the making of Unto The Locust. I'd say it's definitely worth checking out if you liked The Blackening.
The fact that it's more melodic doesn't bode well for me, but I think it'll be good enough to have a listen. I'll probably do that. Cheers. :)

MikeyC

Slipknot and System Of A Down were one of the first heavy bands I enjoyed. I still listen to them today, especially SOAD. :)

lonely_drummer

I have a few albums of theirs. Not too bad! :)

Yeah, I really like this album Sworn Vengance, probably my favourite of theirs. I high recommend Fall of the Despised, its one of their experimental albums. I really want to see them live because Ive heard they're even tighter and better live which is good to hear. I've heard that they just stun their crowds, they're usually just starring in amazement unable to move. Are you a mosher Mikey??

MikeyC

Yeah, I really like this album Sworn Vengance, probably my favourite of theirs. I high recommend Fall of the Despised, its one of their experimental albums. I really want to see them live because Ive heard they're even tighter and better live which is good to hear. I've heard that they just stun their crowds, they're usually just starring in amazement unable to move. Are you a mosher Mikey??
I have both of those albums. Admittedly I don't listen to Severe Torture that much but I do enjoy them.

I used to be a bigger mosher but not so much these days. When I was in Melbourne we saw Blood Duster and my friends all went and moshed while I stayed behind. Maybe I'm getting old. Haha. Are you a mosher?

lonely_drummer

Yeah, Im a big mosher lol. You'd think I would have toned down but I don't. About 4 1/2 years ago I was in a car accident breaking my sternum, shoulder blade, collarbone and 12 ribs and 2 months later, I went to a Dropkick Murphys show saying to myself, No you can't go in the pit but guess what, within the first few songs I was in and was having a blast till I got punched in the sternum, that hurt real bad, then I just stood on the sidelines. its funny, the last show I was at, I went with a full pair of jeans on and came out with a new pair of shorts lol, damn that was a cold walk home.

MikeyC

Yeah, Im a big mosher lol. You'd think I would have toned down but I don't. About 4 1/2 years ago I was in a car accident breaking my sternum, shoulder blade, collarbone and 12 ribs and 2 months later, I went to a Dropkick Murphys show saying to myself, No you can't go in the pit but guess what, within the first few songs I was in and was having a blast till I got punched in the sternum, that hurt real bad, then I just stood on the sidelines. its funny, the last show I was at, I went with a full pair of jeans on and came out with a new pair of shorts lol, damn that was a cold walk home.
Wow, that's some commitment to mosh after a bad car accident! I'm very surprised you decided to mosh. I would've most definitely stayed out. As long as you had a lot of fun, that's all that matters. :)

I haven't been to a gig in a while. I have seen too many fights at them and I was nearly bashed once by a big guy who hated everyone. I need to forget about the crowd and enjoy the music but that's getting harder to do. :/