Sleeping problems

Danfalc

Banned
Anyone else having sleeping problems?And anyone else have any advice.Im currently not sleeping well at night,which is not good.Ive been really wanting to get back to the gym as Im stuck in 24/7 at the mo,but I just cant do this when Im like a zombie in the day.

Ive tried staying up all the next day,instead of sleeping in the day but I just cant seem to get my pattern back to normal.

cure

Yeah I messed my sleep pattern too. I woke up at 7 pm today. :eek:

Maybe taking Benadryl would help?

johnny 85

Anyone else having sleeping problems?And anyone else have any advice.Im currently not sleeping well at night,which is not good.Ive been really wanting to get back to the gym as Im stuck in 24/7 at the mo,but I just cant do this when Im like a zombie in the day.

Ive tried staying up all the next day,instead of sleeping in the day but I just cant seem to get my pattern back to normal.

i wood nt mind a bit of advice myself. i cant seem to sleep till very late at nite, 5.00 am roughly everynight i go to bed and i cant seem to break dis routine.

philly2bits

I'm currently having horrible sleep patterns as well. I even resorted to buying some OTC sleep aids to help me out, which is the last thing I really want to do as they don't work all the time and they make me feel like a zombie the next day anyway.

I've tried staying up the whole day too but since I have nothing to do to occupy myself I tend to fall asleep in the afternoon sometime which only makes me feel worse and it screws my sleep up even more.

I go through cycles like this all the time. I'll have a few weeks of good sleep followed by a week or 2 of bad sleep. I have no idea what brings it on or why it stops so suddenly.

BlackKids

I used to have terrible sleeping patterns/problems. I'm not really sure how I got myself outta it but I can tell you the gym will definitely help ( I over slept by 3 hours today)

I'd say the gym is pretty much the answer to everything, self esteem, confident, more energy etc etc etc

Danfalc

Banned
I'd say the gym is pretty much the answer to everything, self esteem, confident, more energy etc etc etc

Yeah I use to go the gym 3 times a week at least about a year ago,it did me wonders for sleep,appetite ect.The point is though My sleep is so screwed up right now I havnt the energy to go gym,thats the exact reason I am trying to sort it out.

@Philly,Yeah Im not too keen on taking sleep aids either,Ive tried sleeping tablets and I feel hung over the next day,plus I find they do more damage in the long run.

@Cure,BarryJohnny,well thanks guys,its nice to know im not the only one,but I hope you manage to find a solution cos its bloody horrible.I will google Benadryl thanks Cure.

Thanks for the replies everyone,much appreciated!

BlackKids

Yeah I use to go the gym 3 times a week at least about a year ago,it did me wonders for sleep,appetite ect.The point is though My sleep is so screwed up right now I havnt the energy to go gym,thats the exact reason I am trying to sort it out.

I'm sure if I tied you to the treadmill you'd fine the energy lol

I know the feeling though, I hope your still not down/depressed mate :(

I dont like pills/ sleeping aids either. I wont eat processed foods cause I dont trust them lol

Danfalc

Banned
I'm sure if I tied you to the treadmill you'd fine the energy lol

I know the feeling though, I hope your still not down/depressed mate :(

I dont like pills/ sleeping aids either. I wont eat processed foods cause I dont trust them lol

Yeah I sure would find the energy,to hit that big ole red emergency button then clobber you :D Messin.

But thanks man,I might just have to bite the bullet and drag myself into the gym even if I am tired and depressed I guess.I cant put it off forever if i want to try and get better.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I would give you advice, but I can't sleep either.. so I don't know what to do. I go to sleep at 5/6AM and I wake up really late :c

philly2bits

I agree with this. However I think for most people motivation is the key factor to whether someone will exercise or not. The problem with having bad sleep is that you feel like crap, which in most cases would cause someone to skip exercise. This can lead to a vicious cycle of bad sleep causing no exercise which leads to worse sleep and so on.

Kat

Some people say reading sometimes helps but if you eat dairy products that may make you drowsy enough to sleep.

Alyosha

Melotonin works for me. It takes a while to kick in but I am usualy tired an hour after I take it.

Kustamogen

Banned
I wake up anxious a lot....

but as far as sleep goes...I average maybe 5hrs a night...sometimes 6.....usually 3am bedtime....wake up at 6am for 20-30min....then back to sleep till 9am or so

tends to suck

Anomaly

Staring at a lab report I could've done in 15 minutes. Here we go again with 3 hours of sleep! :)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I can't keep a nighttime sleeping schedule. Every-time I try, I end-up drifting back to sleeping during the day sooner or later. But I was like that as a baby too. I've always been a night-owl.

I can sleep through the day fine, but at night I'll wake up 10 times and it takes forever to fall asleep.

M1tCh

Banned
A few suggestions:

-Meditation (Right before bed; Quieting of the mind, if necessary).
-Masturbation/Sex
-Passion fruit
-Reading in bed
-Long bath before bedtime, followed by soothing music to fall asleep to.

chew some velarian root

Quite right. Some teas also contain Valerian Root.

Voila:

sleepytimeextramed.jpg

Last edited:

Lea

Banned
As I already once said here, enough fresh air is important for sleep so open a window if you can, the more the better.

Another thing I suspect Piracetam is doing me good for the quality of sleep. Worth a try but it will be probably harder to get in the UK, I don't know.

If you can't get to the gym, you as well can do a bit of excercise at home, it might help the circulation and getting enough oxygen to the brain.

I go between not being able to sleep much, like 4-5 hours a night, to sleeping way to much, like 12-14 hours. And most of this is during the day, I seem to get more energy at night and less during the day, and gravitate to that schedule.

A_Void_Ant

If you can't sleep you don't need it! That's how I am anyways. Probably not the best advice if you live a semi-normal life/schedule.