Suposed cure? Anyone seen or try this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGz

hi guys I'm a newbie here and obviously suffer from hyperhidrosis. Now I came across this website claiming to have a cure http://www.anti-sweat.com/index.html

Problem I have with this site is that it has not made its clinical trials made available as yet, if in deed they have any trials. I sent them a msg asking when to expect the clinical trials to be made available and they said somtime towards the end of this year.

I'm just wondering if anyone has come across this site before and what are your thoughts?

BiGz

Cheers Pinker, also do you know where theres a discussion on sage? As I've been giving that a go and would like to see how others have been using an finding it.

Cheers

cejela

Using Sage Tea for treaments

Pinker said:

I am wondering after reading this info about the sage tea, with them saying here to use it topically.... only in a tea solution, if you could use the tea for the ion machines? Maybe getting a double whammy?? Has anyone tried that, or could that change the water compound too much for it to work?

I am not a chemist but I am trying to read lots here and other HH postings to help my 9 year old daughter who had the surgery to clip the nerves then only had about a 50% reduction to her hands. This made her feet take on the new need for the perspiration to exit moreso there. I think we had a good surgeon however, who explained most things well and was conservative on how many nerves to cut or not, so we don't have the after math symptoms, like those who go to doctors who cut lots of nerves and leave people with lots of other dissorders.

cejela... a newbie here.

also made our own ion.... machine from reading a post how to...
(word is too long for me to spell : > )

Re: Using Sage Tea for treaments

cejela said:
Pinker said:

I am wondering after reading this info about the sage tea, with them saying here to use it topically.... only in a tea solution, if you could use the tea for the ion machines? Maybe getting a double whammy?? Has anyone tried that, or could that change the water compound too much for it to work?

I am not a chemist but I am trying to read lots here and other HH postings to help my 9 year old daughter who had the surgery to clip the nerves then only had about a 50% reduction to her hands. This made her feet take on the new need for the perspiration to exit moreso there. I think we had a good surgeon however, who explained most things well and was conservative on how many nerves to cut or not, so we don't have the after math symptoms, like those who go to doctors who cut lots of nerves and leave people with lots of other dissorders.

cejela... a newbie here.

also made our own ion.... machine from reading a post how to...
(word is too long for me to spell : > )

Oh so you mean to administer a sage tea solution by iontophoresis? Hehe that could be worth a try to see what happens, i've never heard of it being tested before.

Has your daughter ever tried iontophoresis treatment before? Did you say you made your own machine from scratch?

cejela

Making machine for iontophoresis treatment

I did make a iontophoresis treatment machine from some directions I took from another HH group. It was a little hard to decipher at first but did work things out pretty well. It was from someone who said he was going to use it to see if would work for him..the process ...before he would buy one of the machines. He posted saying that after a week or 2 of 20 minute treatments it worked and he is using it once weekly from that. It is a simple way and cheap way to make all of the issues I've read about with hand and feet sizes, emersing fully or partially, battery issues and so on not be an issue, because you make it to your own needs. But we have only used it for 5 treatments on the hands alone and need to do more, so I too would like to see if this one works. If so I am making 2 more containers for her feet and do all at once.

I will keep you posted if you want to know how it works for us.

Hyper-Hydro

Cejela, it´s nice of you to post that you made a iontophoresis device. Can you please post what exactly you have used to make such a device?

cejela

How to Make iontophoresis treatment machine

I will make this as simple as possible, but how can I send a picture to show it?

This is what you need:
2 Tin pie pans or any other shaped tin pan.
2 Alligator clips from Radio Shack that have the clips on each end of the wire. (they come in a bag of 4 which is good if you want to make more of these for your feet or hands)

Optional is 2 plastic containers (shoe box size) to place my 4 x 9 tin pans in to keep water in a contained area, if it spilled out of tins.

2 pack 9 volt battery

The bottom line is to get 2 tin plates used for cooking pie or something in. I used the 4 by 9 tins that you can use for making breads in so that my daughter's hands and or feet could be submerged easily, because I have read that some people think that is better to get the entire hand or foot submerged into the bath to stop sweating.

I filled the tin pans with water to submerge her hands in, also put washcloths on the bottom to keep her skin from touching tin.

I took the 2 alligator clips and put one clip on a Positive + side of the battery.then took that clip and clipped it on one of the pan's edges. Took another aligator clip and clipped it to the same battery on the negative side. I clipped them around the positive and negative posts instead of making them hang on barely by trying to do it another way.

I clipped the positive wire clip on one tin pan, after I place the pan (with water inside it) into plastic container used to keep the water and bathing plate contained.

I Put the negative alligator clip that was clipped to the same 9 volt battery and clipped it on the other tin pan that was also filled with water to amerce her hand in. (also placed in a plastic container to catch any spill overs)

I read that the edges of the water line can tingle, so I put sweat bands on her wrists to keep that from irritating her there.
After 10 minutes I read you need to take the hands and switch them to the opposite bath to make sure they both get the same positive charge timeline. Which was another 10 minutes. I chose to move the clips to make it easy. But had her take her hands out, because if you are in the water when putting on the last clip. Pow...shock up the arm. My BAD!
The bath time was 20 minutes total.

Now we have been doing this for 5 days and we still don't know if it will work. I read you can up the voltages by putting more battery cables on with other batteries on the same tin pan. I know that would be too strong for her. Any scrapes and cuts already are irritated and can hurt in the water. I used that liquid bandaide to help with that too before we submerge her hands. She is only 9 and I try to pamper her the best I can.

That is the recipe ... I am praying it will work.

Total cost was 10 bucks! : )

cejela

Cheap??

I'd rather call it thrifty.... and a motto for my life, which is:

IF THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY!

I had a hard time trying to find a way to get a machine so found the posting how to make one...went shopping to my local Radio Shack, grociery story and VOILA... are own Ion..... machine !

If you notice I wrote a new topic about is there known side effects to these contraptions next!
:oops:

BiGz

That is interesting regarding the sage. As I drink sage tea and use it externally. Problem is I've never been able to find out how long it should be externally applied for with each session. I'm interested in using a iontophoresis machine but I also get underarm sweat so I've been hoping to find somthing that will kill 2 birds (in my case 3-4) with 1 stone.

I normally just pick up some sage in my hands an rub it under my arms an into my hands and leave for a few mintues. Probably not long enough. I believe the idea of applying externally is to get it into the pours so I can only imagine that using the iontophoresis machine would only help the process along.

Hyper-Hydro

Bigz as long as we haven´t got a clue of what is the working agent in sage, if there is one, noone will ever be able to tell you if iontophoresis might work. Dr Kavanagh had problems transporting Botox by iontophoresis maybe because it´s not sufficiently polarized. I think the reason why aluminium and iron ions are transported by iontophoresis is precisely because they are sufficiently aggressive (+3)

Can everybody please stop talking about a "cure" unless that is actually what we´re talking about? Is it my dictionary or the way I interpret it which has a flaw? A CURE means as far as I understand that the problem will not occur again or am I wrong?

cejela

who is calling this a cure?

Hyper-Hydro,

I am not sure that anyone is calling the sage a cure? Or are you talking to someone else about the "cure" word. ...

But bought some incase some day I get desperate or curious to see if it does something.
I better go back again and see how to make that tea. I bought the plants to grow...but not sure if it has to be dried first too?

You sound like a chemist or someone familiar with these topics?

My daughter's hands are seeming dryer she said. I need to syncranize feet now to keep from having our baths mixed up. I did not want to torture her all at once. Do you know if you do the feet and hands all at once if you first do one side of the body, then the other, or all at once? I read different approaches and do not know if there is a scientific need to do one way or the other? Thanks!

BiGz

Well Hyper-Hydro I certainly am not expecting to find a cure, but just hoping to find somthing in which I can make life more managable like everybody else with HH.

Hyper-Hydro

Ok well if your sweat problem is concerning your hands, I can vouch for iontophoresis as a very effective treatment to control it. Pinker and I both have positive experiences with different iontophoresis devices. Please disregard Cejala, the guy seems to work in a circus or something. My point about your thread is the headline which seems to suggest that you have found a "cure" which is not the case. Iontophoresis is not a cure either, as you will need to take maintenance treatments, but it works.

BiGz

Actually the heading of this thread was to do with that website that I mentioned in the beginning that claimed it had a cure. So I was questioning this, hence the question marks.

I have hyerhidrosis of the underarms and feet and slighty of the upper thighs aswell as palms. What I was saying is that I would like somthing that is able to treat both underarms and palms at the same time. As it seems its possible to make a Ion machine cheaply I may give this a go. The thought of spending big $$$ on somthing that was only going to treat my palms (not to worried about feet) and not underarms did not seem worthwhile to me. That basically was the point I was making.

cejela

Hyper-Hydro said:
Please disregard Cejala, the guy seems to work in a circus or something. My point about your thread is the headline which seems to suggest that you have found a "cure" which is not the case. Iontophoresis is not a cure either, as you will need to take maintenance treatments, but it works.

Alright....why are you saying to disregard what I said?? What sounds circus like?? But speaking of Circuses...my daughter will be playing a monkey in a circus scene in a play... ; )

I am a 49 year old Mom ...by the way.

Bigz, The machine I made is working. It took 9 days to work for my daugher's hands and we are now doing the feet. I am not sure how people do the armpit area? I made the unit by using bread pans to occompodate her full hand and then her full foot, to make sure that the sweat does not stay on the top of the hand or foot, like I heard other's mention using the traditional units that only work with the palms. Using that theory...could a unit be made possibly that could be big enough to dip bigger parts of the body..as in entire thigh? Or how does one work with those regions now?

Saying that .....I am too new to this forum and topic.....but I do have a problem solving spirit...even if it seems circus like by some....I only wish to brainstorm with those who are looking for possible options or solutions. Any words of why these idea's would not work, please pass them on with a little grace, please. thanks!

Hyper-Hydro

My Idromed 4 treats both my hands and feet, and you can order special under arm pads. I don´t know if it would be possible to make special trays to treat your underarms, but why not? I don´t think it´s a wise idea to treat entire thighs with iontophoresis because compensatory sweating will strike back somewhere else on the body, besides blocking large skin areas from sweating could turn out to be dangerous in hot climates, since you´re destabilizing the cooling system of the body.

Cejela my comment about your circus style was provoked by your description of using TIN plates which I thought meant the metal which we call TIN in danish, which I can´t imagine is any good for iontophoresis , but I realize that you probably meant aluminium baking trays, so there again is a linguistic misunderstanding. Finni Syndergaard actually is using plain old aluminium baking trays for his iontophoresis device called the "Dermatol"

I found out in the Wikipeida that english people call any shiny metal for tin..

"In modern times, the word "tin" is often (improperly) used as a generic phrase for any silvery metal that comes in thin sheets"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin

Status
Not open for further replies.