Suposed cure? Anyone seen or try this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper-Hydro

Cejala, if you´re connecting a high capacity 9 volt battery directly to an aluminium tray, you´re possibly exposing your daughter to a dangerous amperage. If you´re using e.g. Energizer 9 volts you have 25 mA continuous drain at rated capacity. My Idromed 4 manual states that I should in no circumstance exceed 15 mA when treating hands, but you can go as high as 25 for feet. I have a relatively high HCO3- content in my tap water, and I can tolerate app. 13 mA before feeling pain. Your daughter must be feeling pain if you´re draining 25 mA directly into the tray.

cejela

Thanks for the info about the battery charge issue. When I took the directions from the web from the designer of the homemade unit, He said it was 10mA...so I thought. So, I just reread the directions and he mentioned having a pentiometer he connected on to the wires. Then said the 10mA was all he could take. To hook more for higher voltage, so I thought that to be saying that one 9 volt battery hooked to the 2 aluminum pans equaled the amount to be 10mA?

I guess I better go look at the pentiometer option??

She does feel the voltage and it only hurts her hands on the open wounds like scratches and such. I read also that the higher the voltage the better if someone can take it. Yikes! Lots of info to digest. Thanks for the help!

also another thought...does the batteries loose some of the voltage amount with age? I am counting the time line for the one we are using to see how many hours we get out of one.

thanks

Hyper-Hydro

cejela said:
Thanks for the info about the battery charge issue. When I took the directions from the web from the designer of the homemade unit, He said it was 10mA...so I thought. So, I just reread the directions and he mentioned having a pentiometer he connected on to the wires. Then said the 10mA was all he could take. To hook more for higher voltage, so I thought that to be saying that one 9 volt battery hooked to the 2 aluminum pans equaled the amount to be 10mA?

I guess I better go look at the pentiometer option??

She does feel the voltage and it only hurts her hands on the open wounds like scratches and such. I read also that the higher the voltage the better if someone can take it. Yikes! Lots of info to digest. Thanks for the help!

also another thought...does the batteries loose some of the voltage amount with age? I am counting the time line for the one we are using to see how many hours we get out of one.

thanks

Cejala batteries are very different. I just mentioned what an Energizer 9 volt can release. It´s obvious to me, that you have absolutely no idea about what you´re doing. Some countries would lock you up for experimenting like that on a defenseless minor. Voltage is much the the same throughout batterylife, but it doesn´t have anything to do with amperage what so ever. Please don´t experiment with this untill you understand what´s going on here. It seems to me, you think you can assemble a iontophoresis device like a jig saw puzzle. If you want to be able to meter amperage or voltage for that sake, you should buy a multimeter not a bloody pentiometer where the fuck do you get this rubbish?

It seems to me you ought to study what you´re doing before exposing your daughter to it. What the hell are you thinking about really?

You seem like a total idiot to me. If this isn´t a joke you´re playing on us , I hope you´ll get smart soon. I think you´re as fake as they come. I don´t know any healthy 9 year old who will sit quietly and fry for 10 minutes with their hands in 9 volts at 25 mA.

cejela

I think you have an anger issue buddie!

My daughter was not frying with the 9 volt I used and did not act like I was torturing her. I took the advice of someone on a site who had worked this out very carefully and who sounded like a person who had a good grasp on voltage and electricity.

How dare you talk to me this way! I would love to report you to whomever is incharge of this group for being so rude.

My daughter is not a ginny pig and lives a great life with great parents , who care enough to go to great lengths such as this to find out ways to make a difference for her in this area.... Did yours?

So F off, yourself!!

Good luck to those who are out there trying to work out their problems with this. I know it can be a very hard issue to deal with, but I can't come back to a board that allows abuse by their participants.

Status
Not open for further replies.