This is not a journal! Or a diary!

Odo

Banned
Nothing can change the past, that's certain. But punishment by example might stop similar things in the future. Nobody will bring that punishment back in this era I'm quite certain. I hope he gets what's coming to him...

I know that your journal isn't necessarily the place for debates about crime and punishment, but I don't think that medieval punishments work. When Ariel Castro did what he did, he probably wasn't thinking that he would ever get caught... or maybe he wasn't thinking about it at all. I don't think he was thinking 'I want to do this because I know that if I do get caught, nothing bad will happen to me'... he was just thinking 'I want to do this and I know it's wrong but I don't care'.

This is why the death penalty doesn't work as a deterrent either... people will always commit crimes, no matter what the penalty is. On the other hand, I don't think the death penalty is the worst thing that you could do to someone and I'd say that Ariel Castro is getting the worst possible thing done to him.

And seriously, the Supermax prisons are pretty awful... it's basically an ongoing torture that breaks you down psychologically-- they can strip you naked and leave you like that for days in your cell, there's no cable TV, no Internet, and sometimes you end up in an outdoor cage wearing nothing... and you're basically isolated ALL THE TIME, with zero control over anything. It's basically like being crucified, except you're comfortable enough not to die. The prisoners end up cutting themselves to the point where they need to have their limbs amputated, because it's the only way to feel anything.

Here's an article:
Supermax prisons: 21st century asylums - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

I know that your journal isn't necessarily the place for debates about crime and punishment, but I don't think that medieval punishments work. When Ariel Castro did what he did, he probably wasn't thinking that he would ever get caught... or maybe he wasn't thinking about it at all. I don't think he was thinking 'I want to do this because I know that if I do get caught, nothing bad will happen to me'... he was just thinking 'I want to do this and I know it's wrong but I don't care'.

This is why the death penalty doesn't work as a deterrent either... people will always commit crimes, no matter what the penalty is. On the other hand, I don't think the death penalty is the worst thing that you could do to someone and I'd say that Ariel Castro is getting the worst possible thing done to him.

And seriously, the Supermax prisons are pretty awful... it's basically an ongoing torture that breaks you down psychologically-- they can strip you naked and leave you like that for days in your cell, there's no cable TV, no Internet, and sometimes you end up in an outdoor cage wearing nothing... and you're basically isolated ALL THE TIME, with zero control over anything. It's basically like being crucified, except you're comfortable enough not to die. The prisoners end up cutting themselves to the point where they need to have their limbs amputated, because it's the only way to feel anything.

Here's an article:
Supermax prisons: 21st century asylums - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

You know, I really like that now :mad: Cut the man to pieces?:thumbdown: Destroy the dude mentally so that he slowly kills himself? :thumbup: I likey! It didn't start out to be a journal per se but that's what it has turned into, feel free to debate anywhere in this thread, man :bigsmile:

Where to begin. I'm still waiting on an apaology from the wife and I started asking around about a different job. That's pretty much my day so far. I'm going to the bank tomorrow to get the yes or no on the loan for the car on the previous page.

Got my apology and I'm happy :) The problem now is that my dog has either a cyst or a tumor the size of my fist :eek: I have to make him an appointment with the vet asap! I hope it's nothing major, I love my dog. I've had him since he was 6 weeks old, in fact he was in the picture before I met my wife and he has grown up with us he is now 9 years old. He has been there all this time... I hope it'll be ok.

I'm about to take my daughter to her first day of first grade. It's kind of depressing, I'm getting old!!! I gave her one of the refresher-pep-talks about not talking to strangers. I really hate that I have to tell my 6 year old things to keep her safe: I want her to be knowledgeable and safe at all times but I don't want her to grow up too fast. After taking her to school, my boy and I have to take my dog to the vet. I hope he can pull through this affliction of his. Then we will be coming home to mow the lawn and only after all the above, I can get some sleep. I hope everyone on the forum has a nice day :)

My dog had to be put down today. I haven't cried in an untold number of years, but I did today. I didn't think I was capable of it anymore, honestly. I thought more of him than I do most human beings, to be absolutely honest. I took him to the vet and got the news: a massive hernia and his intestines were coming out to just under his skin, they gave him two weeks at the most to live and said he would die in considerable pain. So he was put down, and put out of his misery. This is the absolute most worst bad day I've had in a long time. I hate myself for it but I couldn't bear the thought of him suffering any longer.

My dog had to be put down today. I haven't cried in an untold number of years, but I did today. I didn't think I was capable of it anymore, honestly. I thought more of him than I do most human beings, to be absolutely honest. I took him to the vet and got the news: a massive hernia and his intestines were coming out to just under his skin, they gave him two weeks at the most to live and said he would die in considerable pain. So he was put down, and put out of his misery. This is the absolute most worst bad day I've had in a long time. I hate myself for it but I couldn't bear the thought of him suffering any longer.

Omg, that is so sad! :sad: Especially since you told us that you've had him in your life even before you met your wife.
So sorry you've had to go through this jc. (((Hugs)))

Omg, that is so sad! :sad: Especially since you told us that you've had him in your life even before you met your wife.
So sorry you've had to go through this jc. (((Hugs)))

Thank you for the E hugs. I needed that. Yeah, I brought him home when he was 6 weeks old, he saw me move my old lady in with me and him, then marry her, the birth of my two children and been by my side through all of life's trials until today. I feel like a part of me died with him as dumb as it sounds, I've seen him every day feeding and playing with him for the last 9 1/2 years, all the hunting trips and keeping him safe all that time and now he is gone. I'll overcome this but I had forgot what it's like not having him here.

MikeyC

We had our cat since I was 3-4 for 21 years and had to put her down.

I understand your pain, and it will be raw for a long time, but at least you can be happy wih all the wonderful memories of your dog and that he was loved and cared for throughout his long life. :)

We had our cat since I was 3-4 for 21 years and had to put her down.

I understand your pain, and it will be raw for a long time, but at least you can be happy wih all the wonderful memories of your dog and that he was loved and cared for throughout his long life. :)

That he was, Mikey. Thank you for the kind words.

Zackarydoo

I'm so sorry about your poor little puss cat. I know how much that must be hurting for you right now.

Remember to stay in touch with anyone else you know as much as you can to help take your mind off it and cheer you up a little.

All the best mate.

______
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone using Tapatalk 2 on Android.

I'm so sorry about your poor little puss cat. I know how much that must be hurting for you right now.

Remember to stay in touch with anyone else you know as much as you can to help take your mind off it and cheer you up a little.

All the best mate.

______
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone using Tapatalk 2 on Android.

Thanks for your thoughts in this trying time, but he was a dog. It's the thought that counts and thank you, zackarydoo.

So my wife suggested we get out and go have dinner at a nice restaurant this evening. It'll be fun, she said. It'll take our minds off of your deceased dog, she said. So we go to the place and have a nice dinner. The waitress was friendly and our food was out to us promptly. I was playing with the kids and trying to pretend to be happy. The waitress brings the bill and I excuse myself to go pay for the dinner, no problem, still putting on the happy face. I get to the cash register and the girl asks how our meal was. I replied that it was very good and handed her the bill and a $100 bill. She looks at the money and looks at me and points to a sign on the wall saying "NO LARGE BILLS" and just looks at me. Before I could pull one of my many credit cards out of my wallet she looks at me with scorn and says, "I can do that THIS TIME but don't do this again" I was kind of taken off guard and I get mad, it infuriated me that she would talk down to me that way! So I said "hey I don't need the attitude and don't act like you're doing me a favor by taking my money" she looks surprised and says "what attitude sir?" I say " 'I'll take this $100 bill THIS TIME,... THIS TIME...THIS TIME???' Don't worry, I won't be back! I won't be talked down to so take your power trip and shove it up your ***." As soon as I said that, and I had raised my voice somewhat by then, this teenage looking boy wearing an apron walks out and says "is there a problem sir?" I looked at him and pointed to the kitchen and yelled at him "get your butt back to washing dishes before you have a problem you can't handle, boy!" Wide-eyed he retreats to the kitchen. The girl had tears in her eyes and said "I apologize for saying that to you, sir. I am really sorry" I looked at her and felt my ears getting hot and said "I KNOW you're sorry. You shouldn't talk to people like that. I'll take my business elsewhere in the future" She said, "Sir, I'm the manager and I could get in trouble for arguing with customers so would you accept my apology with a free meal next time?" That statement right there caused me to lose my temper, I said "Oh you're the manager,huh? Well you need to learn how to manage your attitude better! And you can take your free meal and go to hell!!!!" I got my change and gathered up the kids and wife and left. I always try to be nice to people that work in restaurants and fast food because I know they have low paying jobs and people can be mean to them so I am always nice. Mess up my order? It's cool, don't worry about it. Give me incorrect change? Everybody is human and makes mistakes. I NEVER make a big deal out of stuff like that. Ever. Talk down to me? I will get mad and raise my voice over that. I won't take that at all.

MikeyC

She apologised a couple of times and offered a free meal...I want to be on your side here but it seems you went a little overboard from what you've told us.

She apologised a couple of times and offered a free meal...I want to be on your side here but it seems you went a little overboard from what you've told us.

True, thank you for your honest opinion. When I get offended and it gets to the point where I'm actually mad, I can't come down because of an apology until I cool off, which is totally my own fault.

I didn't start the altercation, so no, I won't apologize. And, true to my word, i won't go back there. I made a statement, I will stand behind it at all costs, right or wrong.

Fair enough. Hopefully it was a sub-par restaurant! ::p:

It was really nice and clean until I walked in the bathroom right before paying for our meals, there were some of the biggest roaches in there I'd ever seen! Talk about disgusting!