This is not a journal! Or a diary!

My son needed to pee so we went in the bathroom, after seeing that I told him we would stop and pee on the side of the road somewhere. He likes doing it outside better anyway and he was happy :bigsmile: He always torments my daughter with that by telling her he is special because he can do it standing up, I get so many laughs from him.

So my wife suggested we get out and go have dinner at a nice restaurant this evening. It'll be fun, she said. It'll take our minds off of your deceased dog, she said. So we go to the place and have a nice dinner. The waitress was friendly and our food was out to us promptly. I was playing with the kids and trying to pretend to be happy. The waitress brings the bill and I excuse myself to go pay for the dinner, no problem, still putting on the happy face. I get to the cash register and the girl asks how our meal was. I replied that it was very good and handed her the bill and a $100 bill. She looks at the money and looks at me and points to a sign on the wall saying "NO LARGE BILLS" and just looks at me. Before I could pull one of my many credit cards out of my wallet she looks at me with scorn and says, "I can do that THIS TIME but don't do this again" I was kind of taken off guard and I get mad, it infuriated me that she would talk down to me that way! So I said "hey I don't need the attitude and don't act like you're doing me a favor by taking my money" she looks surprised and says "what attitude sir?" I say " 'I'll take this $100 bill THIS TIME,... THIS TIME...THIS TIME???' Don't worry, I won't be back! I won't be talked down to so take your power trip and shove it up your ***." As soon as I said that, and I had raised my voice somewhat by then, this teenage looking boy wearing an apron walks out and says "is there a problem sir?" I looked at him and pointed to the kitchen and yelled at him "get your butt back to washing dishes before you have a problem you can't handle, boy!" Wide-eyed he retreats to the kitchen. The girl had tears in her eyes and said "I apologize for saying that to you, sir. I am really sorry" I looked at her and felt my ears getting hot and said "I KNOW you're sorry. You shouldn't talk to people like that. I'll take my business elsewhere in the future" She said, "Sir, I'm the manager and I could get in trouble for arguing with customers so would you accept my apology with a free meal next time?" That statement right there caused me to lose my temper, I said "Oh you're the manager,huh? Well you need to learn how to manage your attitude better! And you can take your free meal and go to hell!!!!" I got my change and gathered up the kids and wife and left. I always try to be nice to people that work in restaurants and fast food because I know they have low paying jobs and people can be mean to them so I am always nice. Mess up my order? It's cool, don't worry about it. Give me incorrect change? Everybody is human and makes mistakes. I NEVER make a big deal out of stuff like that. Ever. Talk down to me? I will get mad and raise my voice over that. I won't take that at all.

O_O

This reminds me of the many lovely customer service adventures I've had...

I once worked at McDonald's and this guy came through the drive-thru and by now I can't remember exactly what happened - it was a few years ago - but I recall him being rude in some way. Instead of just ignoring it I gave him a slight bit of attitude (I know, tsk tsk) in return because I reeeaalllllyyy don't appreciate being treated like shit by customers. He stared at me for a second and barked, "Nice attitude" VERY sarcastically and sped off to the next window before I could react. Da fuq? Yeah I shouldn't have given him attitude, but he was rude to me first. I'm only human. It's almost impossible for me to remain completely courteous to a customer when they speak rudely to me.

Anyway. I don't know why I shared that, but there you go.

I must be going insane, I have been listening to House of The Rising Sun by The Animals for hours... Makes one wonder. But I think if i were truly going insane I wouldn't notice it.

MikeyC

I'm always really nice to fast food workers. They have it hard enough as it is, and if I can brighten their day for 30 seconds, I've done my deed. :)

O_O

This reminds me of the many lovely customer service adventures I've had...

I once worked at McDonald's and this guy came through the drive-thru and by now I can't remember exactly what happened - it was a few years ago - but I recall him being rude in some way. Instead of just ignoring it I gave him a slight bit of attitude (I know, tsk tsk) in return because I reeeaalllllyyy don't appreciate being treated like shit by customers. He stared at me for a second and barked, "Nice attitude" VERY sarcastically and sped off to the next window before I could react. Da fuq? Yeah I shouldn't have given him attitude, but he was rude to me first. I'm only human. It's almost impossible for me to remain completely courteous to a customer when they speak rudely to me.

Anyway. I don't know why I shared that, but there you go.

I was being very polite, until I was met with a smart aleck. It just rubbed me the wrong way. And, no, I wasn't being a sexist.

picture.php

I soooo want this book :mad:

I'm the only person under like 60 that I know of who actively uses the closed caption feature on my T.V. A big thanks goes out to a lifetime of shooting guns and working in a loud machine shop. Apparently ear plugs only do so much.

Zackarydoo

Thanks for your thoughts in this trying time, but he was a dog. It's the thought that counts and thank you, zackarydoo.

I'm so sorry for getting that wrong. I had only read back to a certain point and read about MickeyC's cat and thought that's what it was about. I feel like a complete fool, but thanks for being decent about it.

______
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone using Tapatalk 2 on Android.

Ya know? I'm glad I started this thread, it's a good place to put my incessant ramblings of useless information and thoughts on my daily life. I have came to the conclusion that I should apply for jobs and go to interviews wearing a suit and tie. I don't think it would do any good so I mostly apply for jobs while just wearing underwear, in my recliner, on the computer. If they only knew....:eek:

Oh, by the way, I didn't get the loan for the '68 Camaro. The bank couldn't meet the interest rate I had in mind. I decided against the Harley, too much maintenance.

If I'm destined through my own body chemistry to be lactose intolerant, why do I have to love ice cream so much? It's just plain and simple torture!

Absolutely, positively cannot wait until hunting season. Alone in the mountains makes me feel at peace with things until it's time to come home. I'll be going it alone this year :sad:

Absolutely, positively cannot wait until hunting season. Alone in the mountains makes me feel at peace with things until it's time to come home. I'll be going it alone this year :sad:

What are you hunting? Deer? Bear? Moose? Whatever it is, send me some please! :D

I can't wait to buy fresh venison this season from this local place that's supposed to be reeeaaallllyyy good. Mmmmmmmmm... haven't had it in years.

What are you hunting? Deer? Bear? Moose? Whatever it is, send me some please! :D

I can't wait to buy fresh venison this season from this local place that's supposed to be reeeaaallllyyy good. Mmmmmmmmm... haven't had it in years.

Deer, Bear, Wild Hog (boar). Good eating! Maybe squirrel, it's cholesterol free and a bowl of squirrel and german dumplings is pure secks! :thumbup:

Seriously, though, I would gladly send you any of it you want. I don't know if it'd still be fit to eat after FED EXing it to you, wherever you may be.

I posted my picture in the post your picture thread. I can't stand pics of myself. My hat was too far back on my head and that ridiculous chin. UGH!