Victims!

nishah

Michelob512- honestly i tried killing myself once by slashing my own wrist and i thank GOD that im still alive.. maybe if i really died that time i won't be able to experience what im experiencing right now i just realize how beautful life is and there's so many things that has been awaiting for me in the future i just need to be strong and patient enough to struggle through the walks of life..

nishah

Michelob512- honestly i tried killing myself once by slashing my own wrist and i thank GOD that im still alive.. maybe if i really died that time i won't be able to experience what im experiencing right now i just realize how beautful life is and there's so many things that has been awaiting for me in the future i just need to be strong and patient enough to struggle through the walks of life..

Michelob512

I have contemplated suicide before but I never got to the point of actually attempting it. I've been depressed many times before, but I always know that eventually It'll go away. Plus, I'm young and still have lots of hope about the future. Not to say that if you're old there's no hope- if I was older, I would still be hopeful. I'm very interested in spirituality, mysticism, and meditation and I know that no matter what, I'll always feel like I have a purpose and direction in life

People who have no spiritual beliefs are probably the ones who fall into the deapest depressions. If there's no life after death, and life sucks... well, you get the picture

In any case, it's great that you can see the beauty in this world. I usually can too, but only when I'm not in social or public situations

Yossarian

While your intentions were noble Trazza and while I don't think you were referring to me, although all you said has applied to me at some point or to some degree. If someone is gonna kick me up the ass without my consent they shouldn't be surprised if I complain or kick back.

LilMissTragic

Yoss, I dont mind being kikced back and yelled at...at least its a response...lol. I'd be more worried if no one answered.

Horatio

Lilmiss,

I intitially refrained from replying to this post because although some ways I agree with you, in some ways I dont. And being my usual meek self I didnt want to create any confrontation (as minor as it is!)

For me, and with a lot of other people Im sure, this is a sensitive issue as its not always possible to get up and go like SP isnt a problem. For me one of the worst things about SP is the lonliness, and because I dont have social skills required, no matter how hard I try I just aint good at forming real friendships. SP for me means I stutter, look awkward and well put off any chance I have of making good impressions.

Lilmiss, I for one DO think that I am a victim. Not because of the fact I have SP but because of how I got it. I feel that by being constantly bullied all through my life I was a victim. The bullying caused my depression and SP, this view has been confirmed by every counsellor, doctor, psyciatrist, psychologist and witch doctor that Ive spoken to. Like a victim of a car crash that loses a leg and is permanently disabled I feel that as a victim of bullying I have ongoing problems to deal with.

Im not advocating lying back and not trying to get better, or continually saying "Woe is me, Im a victim" over and over (Although I AM guilty of this at times) But for me accepting that I was a victim has been rather theraputic.

Victim = One who is harmed or killed by another (Free online dictionary)

What happened to me was wrong, it wasnt my fault. I was harmed by others and the damage that harm caused is still an every day struggle for me. By definition that makes me a victim, but just because I am a victim it DOESNT give me the excuse to give up and it DOESNT mean I have to dwell about it all the time.

Merry Christmas and give the hounds a bone for me

Horatio

LilMissTragic

Horatio, thats the point, you might have been and maybe still are a victim to bullying but you certianly dont act like one. Its good that your getting help and not sitting there feeling sorry for yourself day in day out. I
hope it carries on getting better for you.

I gave the hounds a chewy bone each...lol...and i got repaid by one jumping up and giving me a fat lip...lol...OUCHERS!!!

Yossarian

Cool Traz. Ok sweetheart get your kicking boots on! What's it gonna be, spandex or baggy pants? :lol:

Fredscars

Im new here. And young. What i say might be totally stupid, who knows?

but for sufferers of SP isn't the main problem that the whole condition defers them from finding medical help, or indeed telling people. I'm not saying it cant be done, because it is. So many have brought their head up high and gone to see someone about their problem, whether it was of their own motivation, or that of others' encouragement.

To many people, i know, SP behaivoural characteristics appear like self pity and attention-seeking. I've been accused of those two things enough times. However, the main feeling is that of complete negativity. Don't feel i'm dictating to you. We're all on here because we have suffered SP. Youve been through all this. All i am saying is that maybe the last thing people need is someone smacking them over the head and saying "you're useless" which is, for me at least, how the post came over.

Yes, people need to be motivated into trying to change themselves, otherwise SP takes complete control and makes your life, pretty much, not worth living.

I'm just not personally sure that berating people for their negative, uncompromising and helpless attitude is the way to create this motivation.

XxXFreDXxX

cody2468

Well said Fred. I felt the same
It takes some people longer than others to get help but that doesn't mean that they don't want to.
Some people at their lowest don't always see the solution straight away and may come across as being really negative and down on themselves but that doesn't mean they wont end up helping themselves. Some people just have worst SP than others and if you put a reply in this thread like I did and offend the people who wrote it then what is the point of having this forum.
Isnt this the place to come to vent out all your frustrations etc. It's almost as if you can't say how you are feeling as someone misinterprets it as if you are whining all the time.
Like I said I am not a victim but I would hate to think what you would have thought had you seen my posts 3 years ago when I was at rock bottom. I was like some of the other people on this site. Not everyone has loving support,

LilMissTragic

ahhh well, take the post as you wish, It wasn't meant as offensive but now I'm bored of explaining it. Life goes on as they say.
This is my last posting on this thread as i'm off to play in mud wrestling in my spandex suit!