What Are You Good At Because Of Your Situation?

Jaysonguy

Ok, so we're inside a lot to various degrees, that means we have time to spend doing things that other people don't have the time to do.

Instead of ranting about what we're missing and what we can't do we're going to pull a 180, we're going to list what we CAN do because we're either gifted or because we've had so much time to hone our talent(s).

"staying inside" is not an acceptable answer.

Also you don't have to unload everything you're good at right away, give a taste to get readers interested and then wow them with something else.

I'll start off,

I'm great with computers and video games.

I play video games to help with my anxiety so it's helped me cope with a lot.

dyingtolive

i think so.. fortunately im not into conspiracy theories but i have been an INTP personality type so i enjoy these kind of things. I used to like philosophy, psychology, and i guess it helps in how i approach my work and hobbies like, i like to put everything into a system and it allows me to see things clearly and get to interconnect things. i guess being alone helped me to be grow like this...

how about you?

Mokkat

well, I find that I am more considerate and level-headed with compromises, than other people.

Skill-wise, I am also great with computers (of course :) ). Also I tend to focus on things I find enjoyable such as practicing my bass-playing or a good book, and people tend to compliment me on my skills in that regard - technically, I hear depression is a state of the brain evolved for problem-solving with focus, so having spent much of my life depressed I guess I have benefited

Daniel089

I think i've alredy watched more movies in my freetime than an average person
Learned to play guitar by practicing much at home
I got my online friends via video games that i enjoy
I got time organizing my life for the future
I have all the time to study because i never hang out

dragonoth

What am I good at because of my situation? Not adding fuel to a flamin' conflict. I struggle to find something to say but in the end most people aren't looking for a fight so even a meek 'sorry' is enough to put it out.

Not trusting people with money. Mostly because I'm naturally suspicious of certain people and I've watched a lot of people get screwed over becaise they lent money to bad people.

bcsr

I try to view the positive side effects of growing up with social anxiety and depression.

I know how despair feels, and it makes me a compassionate person.
I know what loneliness feels like, and it makes me a good friend and companion to the people close to me. I really appreciate them.
I know what it's like to feel helpless and be targeted, and it taught me how to stand up for myself and others.

So yea, the bad parts of my past gave me lot of positive traits that help me be a better person.

Ashiene

I think being alone more than others gives us more time to self-reflect and also if we have Internet or books, helps us to gain more knowledge, because normal people live in fast-paced society and don't have much time for these.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Art. Creating artwork highly depends on my mood and the stuff in my head. Being troubled makes me creative.