What Are You Good At Because Of Your Situation?

lonely_drummer

ooooo, good thread!!! First I would say I consider myself somewhat intelligent because of my comfort in loneliness lol. I read lots, mainly sifting through math problems or physics text books. I enjoy doing it. The other is music, I spend tons of time playing and recording which eats up a lot of my inside time. Someone today just asked me if I had been writing new music lately, HA I said, Im always writing, constantly lol

dragonoth

ooooo, good thread!!! First I would say I consider myself somewhat intelligent because of my comfort in loneliness lol. I read lots, mainly sifting through math problems or physics text books. I enjoy doing it. The other is music, I spend tons of time playing and recording which eats up a lot of my inside time. Someone today just asked me if I had been writing new music lately, HA I said, Im always writing, constantly lol

Geez. I study engineering and you still wouldn't catch me in any state willingly looking at maths or physics problem...I'm an imposter engineer :D You should definitely go into higher education if you're not already doing so.

dyingtolive

hey drummer, what instruments do u play and do u enjoy composing more with? guitar / drums? What is your favorite method of writing music with the guitar? Do you mix tabs with notes? or record things right away? or memorize more?

Kiwong

I'm good at running. I will run a marathon later this year.

Importantly I have the time to myself to do the things I want when I want, Idependence, many people I know are envious of this.

Lea

Banned
I am good at cleaning due to my OCD :rolleyes:. I am good at excercising because we live far from town and I have to ride bike to go shopping. (My parents don´t want to buy me things very often).

I am also an expert in hanging around on useless social networking sites instead of doing something productive :rolleyes:. But I hope it has its advantages too sometimes..

I am quite good at looking after my things due to my paranoia.. Mistrust comes often also handy.

lonely_drummer

Geez. I study engineering and you still wouldn't catch me in any state willingly looking at maths or physics problem...I'm an imposter engineer :D You should definitely go into higher education if you're not already doing so.

Lol, Im a nerd at heart and have my degree in Physics and planned on earning my masters and whatnot but school is awful for me, I can't handle it. I may go back one day, but thats too hard to tell

Nathália

Lol, Im a nerd at heart and have my degree in Physics and planned on earning my masters and whatnot but school is awful for me, I can't handle it. I may go back one day, but thats too hard to tell

That's awesome. You're a rock and roll physicist. I wonder how that connects with your music half and if music is really scientific? I really like to study how peoples brains work, so if I'm saying something off the wall don't mind me. In my free time I memorize things like languages and read social science books. I'm not social, but I like to dissect human beings.

I can have a literal on going conversation about this stuff, it's just fascinating. I can also call back a long string of scrambled numbers in order and I am amazed how that works and how my memory memorizes what it wants to. Plus how I can do it in order knowing I'm the worst at math. Just strange.

I'm very analytical and can make connections on things forever. I ruin things for people sometimes because I think too far into things.

I'm perplexed by the human brain, animal behaviors and the universe.

lonely_drummer

That's awesome. You're a rock and roll physicist. I wonder how that connects with your music half and if music is really scientific? I really like to study how peoples brains work, so if I'm saying something off the wall don't mind me. In my free time I memorize things like languages and read social science books. I'm not social, but I like to dissect human beings.

I can have a literal on going conversation about this stuff, it's just fascinating. I can also call back a long string of scrambled numbers in order and I am amazed how that works and how my memory memorizes what it wants to. Plus how I can do it in order knowing I'm the worst at math. Just strange.

I'm very analytical and can make connections on things forever. I ruin things for people sometimes because I think too far into things.

I'm perplexed by the human brain, animal behaviors and the universe.

hahaha, Im exactly the same, super analytical and always ruin things for other people with my crazy insight lol.

And yeah I do believe physics and music are connected but I don't treat my music in a scientific way lol, that would just ruin it, haha. I should try and come up with a formula to create awesome guitar riffs lol

dragonoth

You must share your nerd-secret with me - I want to know how to be enthusiastic about such things! Would help me revise for my exams :D

No way man, don't let anything stop you in your quest for academic awesomeness. What is it about school you find difficult?

SoScared

Molecular biology….I know that if I’m going to succeed I’m going to have to work so so hard, unbelievably hard to become an expert. The thing is that I know that I can do it, I’m doing it now but will I work hard enough to become a true expert? a true nerd.

Its early morning. I will hardly see anyone today. My destiny is in my own hands. My desk awaits me.

Inspiring thread

Starry

I'm good at observing and figuring things out... Give me something to watch like 'Monk' and I'll solve it... Actually, I watched the whole series of 'Monk'... I only failed to solve 1 or 2 episodes, and two episodes I solved before the theme started... Films with twist can rather lose their aspect of surprise for me... But I still prefer them, as I like figuring things out, and I like to be proven correct... ^_^

hidwell

Alleigha♥;637015 said:
split1.jpg
I can do the splits and alot of other things,I can skate quite well. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Nice pic Alleigha, so that's what you look like.

cowboyup

patience, good listening skills, analytical/investigative/observation skills
Working on my computer skills and I like to paint and write as well.

Though I am not agoraphobic, I do tend to stay inside if given a choice. Sometimes days on end, then I'll get the courage to venture out and then I break the cycle til next time...

this is a good thread :)

GraybeardGhost

I believe my self-imposed exile from the world has helped me to become a better writer. I can devote hours at a time to revising and polishing because there's no one around who wants me to do anything else. I sometimes forget to eat or sleep, especially if I'm working on something new. With no family nearby, no boss, and no schedule, I'm free to do as I please with my words and my time.

Last edited:

Sacrament

Writing
Photography
Making music
DJing (strange to say, but even though I'm socially anxious, I have DJed at the biggest club in town, and did a great job at it)
Mountain biking

Also, listening :3