What do you see in the mirror?

EscapeArtist

-sigh- no lies. I still see a girl who wouldn't be ugly if she could shed 10 pounds. Wonder if that will leave me.

Not as bad as before though. It's not what keeps me in the house anymore.

punklove

I know how you feel. Usually when I look in the mirror I feel.. angry, like I wish I looked perfect and beautiful but sadly I see too many flaws in myself to ever be beautiful and it sucks. I'm getting a bit better when it comes to mirrors though. I hope you do too :) just try your absolute hardest to find something physical that you like about yourself. For me it's my eyes.. so I try to just focus on my eyes when I look in the mirror :) I hope I helped.

Confuseddd

It has been a long time since it has happened, but I do go through times when I hate looking in the mirror, hate my reflection, and see nothing but flaws, and just hate everything about what I look like. I get myself so worked up and miserable over it. These feelings come and go though, as there are also times when I don't think I look too bad, and times where I don't think I look good at all but don't really care. I usually don't allow anyone to take photos of me regardless of how I'm feeling.

yeah i am the same way..usually at night i dont think i look that bad for some reason? idk

sr_81

I seem to have some issues with my appearance so mostly dont like what i see in the mirror. at rare times i do like what i see. perhaps i have body dismorphia. i will try to avoid looking at my reflection in shop windows because i know it will just make me self conscious about my appearance. I think frame of mind influences how you will interpret you reflection. if youre in a positive frame of mind you will like what you see and vice versa.

Snowdrop

I don't see anything. I just see my thinking. It's like a clog machine at work, just ticking away and thinking complexly stupid thoughts. These thoughts are negative and care way too much about stupid things. I see features that may or may not belong to me. It doesn't matter...I avoid looking in one though unless I'm getting ready to go out because I care how I look, otherwise I won't look because it hurts to see someone who is not really me anymore. It isn't because I look bad, appearance-wise.

Smash The Mirror

Complete Ugliness.

Someone who has a really ugly face.
Who needs Plastic Surgery.
Who has a pig nose.
Who is fat.
Who has no eyebrows.
Just disgusting.

----------------------

Last edited:

Felgen

Depends on what mirror I'm looking in. The mirror at the hairdresser I go to, makes everything look wider than it really is, so I hate looking into it and see a fat guy looking back.

forksandspoons

Potential.

When I was younger in my teens, I had been approached by girls who told me they thought I was cute. Unfortunately, I developed very severe post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Im sure many of you have no dea what I am talking about. Imagine somebody took a razor and cut HUNDREDS of tiny, bright, and dark red marks all over your face. Ive lived with that for 6 years. I lost all my confidence, self esteem, and developed an anxiety so strong I have a hard time leaving the house or just plain having people look at me.

Once I get past the PIH, I consider myself to be average looking. Not hot, not ugly.

Untamed88

I hate myself in mirrors and I hate myself even more in photographs. I just see myself as a fat and ugly blob. I hate how I look. I see every imperfection. My teeth arent right, my skin is awful, Im fat, my hair is rat-tailed and mousy, my eyes arent clear enough. I swear I don't even look like a human being. Im constantly amazed that children don't run screaming from me.

JamesSmith

I guess I'm different than a lot of people because when I look into the mirror i usually just see me. I don't really think much about it. It's just like, oh, there i am.

As for cameras i am camera shy. I don't always like the fact that people can look at a picture of me years after it's taken. Cameras can make me a bit self-conscious.

Lemans

When I see me in the mirror I see myself ugly but I dont care.
Just accept how you look, and if people dont like you, it's their loss.