What is the best thing anybody's ever said to you!

JamesAnderson20

Not something obvious like "I love you" ! I mean something that was actually about you, something they had never said to anybody else. Example, somebody once said to me "its okay". I was asking them about my t-shirt. You see what I mean, the compliments are everywhere, its time we started listening for them friends. Just listen, yes! now you hear them. I was being serious, but am now sounding facetious. Sorry if this makes no sense.

Last edited:

Shift

"Our model has turned into a statue" (a compliment to me sitting still and not moving. Haha.)

It's probably not the best, but it made me feel better, especially since a bunch of people in the class were complaining about the last model they had when I first got there and it made me a bit nervous.

"Our model has turned into a statue" (a compliment to me sitting still and not moving. Haha.)

It's probably not the best, but it made me feel better, especially since a bunch of people in the class were complaining about the last model they had when I first got there and it made me a bit nervous.

Wow you're pretty gutsy to have done modeling. I would be horrified to have ppl stare at me

Is it one of those nude figure drawing things?

JamesAnderson20

cause, I was just thinking about this person I know who always goes on about all the bad things people have said to her, she actually says these things out loud like compulsively whenever she's self concious or anxious or looking in the mirror, and I just thought maybe don't remember every little bad thing people might say, and I said to her, what about nice things people say to you, and she couldn't give me an example, she didn't really care about the point I was trying to make. Thing is, I know her, I know people probably compliment her, but she hear nothing. So I slapped that silly bitch up something awful, and threw her from my house telling her come again when she learns to grow up. So that was all I was saying.

Last edited:

lunarla

Hmmm. Definitely a beneficial thread! I feel like a lot of discussions on here sort of feed all of our negative feelings, but it's actually a challenge to answer something like this.

When I was a bit younger my older brother told me that I was "Really down to earth and cool." And that I was nothing like my sister, which was neat. My sister is really sort of superficial. He also made a point of saying that that didn't mean I was his favourite over my sister, ha. But yeah, that was like such a shock to me. To have someone say something nice like that. It's sort of a weird situation because at that point I hadn't seen him in like 7 years and then he visited and it probably turned my life around. It was when I was at my very lowest of points. And ever since then that he's been back in my life he's been the most supportive person ever and it just makes me feel really valued as a person. He really believes in me and what I'd want to do in life. Before him, I had no one like that.

Hmmm. Also, my best friend is always telling me good things about myself, but it's so hard to believe really, so I mostly just brush those off. Like, noneeee of it sinks in at all.

Thing is, I know her, I know people probably compliment her, but she hear nothing. So I slapped the silly bitch up something awful, and threw her from my house telling her come again when she learns to grow up. So that was all I was saying.

I salute you! (-_-)\

JamesAnderson20

Of course, some of you are just impossible to appreciate, sorry if that's you, but its not all bad :), as long as you like you, everybody else is just wrong ;)

Last edited:

Shift

Wow you're pretty gutsy to have done modeling. I would be horrified to have ppl stare at me

Is it one of those nude figure drawing things?

It's not so gutsy, at least for me... There wasn't an interview and I didn't have to talk to anyone to get the job, just a lot of paperwork. And when I'm working, all I have to do is sit there and I still don't really have to talk all that much. (although I missed a call yesterday asking me to come in next week, which means I'm going to have to call back. For me, that's more scary than being naked in a room full of people staring at me. Haha)

It was for a figure sculpting class. The one I got called about yesterday is for a painting class.

Harleyq

I've had a few people tell me they find it easy to open up to me and that they can trust me. That means a lot, to know I come across that way to people because my SA makes me think nobody likes me, especially sometimes when my coworkers talk to eachother and not to me or they whisper to eachother while I'm 2 feet away.

It's not so gutsy, at least for me... There wasn't an interview and I didn't have to talk to anyone to get the job, just a lot of paperwork. And when I'm working, all I have to do is sit there and I still don't really have to talk all that much. (although I missed a call yesterday asking me to come in next week, which means I'm going to have to call back. For me, that's more scary than being naked in a room full of people staring at me. Haha)

It was for a figure sculpting class. The one I got called about yesterday is for a painting class.

this guy probably has the body of a Greek god.

don't deny it, shift. :D

Shift

this guy probably has the body of a Greek god.

don't deny it, shift. :D

Haha. That made my day, it really did.

But I don't think that Greek Gods have the body of a scrawny 12 year old girl. (I'm 19, but I look like a little kid because I have no boobs and I'm really short)

Anomaly

"Whoa, I never thought I'd see you here, I figured you'd be in Harvard or something, you're the smartest guy I knew!"

From a former classmate in a non-sarcastic way.

limetree

A good friend told me I'm insightful but she's biased. People who compliment you are always overly biased. :p

reslo

i got a text message once.. i think it's on my old phone... it was for new years, and my friend said something like smile you have a lot to offer the world.

"you are amazing G (nickname besides gio), and i couldnt tell you had social problems if you didnt tell me"

I could not stop thinkin about that, and i was grinning from ear to ear

Luke1993

"i wish you were my son" said by a former friend's mother, (this mother is also an alcoholic, so I'm not sure if she meant it) but I still stay in contact with her, and her boyfriend, even though they're twice my age they are the only people i could consider friends. The son is now in prison.

iamthenra

I was once told by a married girl: "You are such a nice guy, why aren't you married yet?"

Hmmmm??? Good question? Wait, I have an answer... SA!!!!!! Being nice my whole life isn't getting me anywhere....

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I once had a teacher tell me I was deep, or tell my mom I was deep that she passed on to me. That's just always stuck with me, weird how some things just have an effect on you