what is wrong with me

cowboyup

wow they seem like overlords. did you ever confront them about their needing improvement in letting you be more social?

^ they were and if I did I'd get the crap beat out of me or them telling me how stupid or ugly I was - I stayed because I felt I needed to protect my brother and sister because they'd get punished for things I would do like going to the grocery store and taking too long to get groceries. I wasn't even allowed to get a drivers license and the only way I did was after my mom passed away. They told me I'd have to quit high school (8th grade) because I had to take care of my brother and sister. So long story short - they were overlords. Fun times.
Mom's dead and dear ole drunk dad is in Florida.

gummybear22

wow you've had a horrible parent situation; and what a butt thing to do, calling your daughter or son ugly or stupid.
so are you on your own now or have roommates, etc

cowboyup

wow you've had a horrible parent situation; and what a butt thing to do, calling your daughter or son ugly or stupid.
so are you on your own now or have roommates, etc

as irony would have it, I am living with my brother-and now watching his kids.
I was on my own, had a good, stable job but in 2008 I got the ax.

truffleshuffle

^ sometimes, yes, to a point. I never went out (not due to SA) when I was younger. All I did was work, work, work, and go to school and hand over my pay checks to my parents...I even would work on weekends and holidays so I would not be at home. I did this partially because my parents wanted me working, and not having a social life to them was better - if I even dared look in the direction of a male, I would have been shunned. So that being said, my social skills are lacking, among other things.
Wow that has to be rough My dad was a total A** but atleast I had my mom. Im sorry you went though something like that.

truffleshuffle

^ they were and if I did I'd get the crap beat out of me or them telling me how stupid or ugly I was - I stayed because I felt I needed to protect my brother and sister because they'd get punished for things I would do like going to the grocery store and taking too long to get groceries. I wasn't even allowed to get a drivers license and the only way I did was after my mom passed away. They told me I'd have to quit high school (8th grade) because I had to take care of my brother and sister. So long story short - they were overlords. Fun times.
Mom's dead and dear ole drunk dad is in Florida.
I went through stuff like that with my dad. He would constanly tell me how stupid ,worthless, and that I was such a loser. I was just lucky I didn;t live with him.

cowboyup

I went through stuff like that with my dad. He would constanly tell me how stupid ,worthless, and that I was such a loser. I was just lucky I didn;t live with him.

^ I'm sorry you had to go through similar. It's too bad that parents don't realize just how hurtful their actions/words can be to their children.

License to be a parent - I'm all for it!

truffleshuffle

^ I'm sorry you had to go through similar. It's too bad that parents don't realize just how hurtful their actions/words can be to their children.

License to be a parent - I'm all for it!
I think it frustrated him that I not only had a learning disability but that I also had sa although it was undiagnosed at the time. He not only was verbaly abusive but sometimes phisicaly. I think he understood his actions but He was like that to everyone and eventualy pushed most everyone away from him in life.

Last edited:

gummybear22

I think it frustrated him that I not only had a learning disability but that I also had sa although it was undiagnosed at the time. He not only was verbaly abusive but sometimes phisicaly until I got old enough and big enough to fight back a bit. I think he understood his actions but He was like that to everyone and eventualy pushed most everyone away from him in life.

were his parents mean to him also?

truffleshuffle

were his parents mean to him also?
I don;t know about my grandfather he died before I was born but My grandmather was a awsome person. One of the nicest people you would ever meet. We all thought my dad had something wrong with him like being bi-polar or something One minute he could be the nicest person in the world and the next he would be the devil or vice versa.

Mario8

Banned
^You may be onto something there...When I had a job and a let's call it, real life...before my SA really kicked my a$$, I had NONE of the thoughts, I could do 'normal' things, and my mind was not always judging, or investigating, or wondering why this or why that...

I need something to keep my mind occupied.

If you think that i`m right, than simply go along the most logical progression: First. Figure out what really caused your SA to become so sever. But don`t think about it too much. Just enough to figure it out. Second. Come to peace with the fact that you are now a changed person, and try to understand that your mind is still in its healing process. Third. As I said before - find yourself a hobby or some activity that you care about. Its either that or to find yourself a boyfriend.

Think about it for a sec. Your wondering too much about nonsense because you don`t really have a reason to do otherwise. Your used to over thinking everything - your used to feeling this way. This may seem odd at first, but, if you think about it, in a way, your only concentrating on yourself. I think taking up on a hobby or a boyfriend (or even just getting laid lol) may prove to be an interesting change in your everyday activities. I know this sounds ridicules, but I can tell you from experience, and after talking with many people about similar problems, that the one of the most common things they all shared, was that they were lonely. And I don`t care what anyone says, single people are bound to say, and do something stupid. That`s just how it is.

gummybear22

i think you're not thinking broadly enough.
but ever heard about people doing stupid junk b/c of 'love'? there's one shallow example.

Mario8

Banned
i think you're not thinking broadly enough.
but ever heard about people doing stupid junk b/c of 'love'? there's one shallow example.

Your right. There are also people who do stupid stuff because of love. But i`m sorry, I still think that single people take the world cup on this one. For the simple reasons that single people simply have less to lose, and are more prone to succumb to unnecessary thoughts, and personal weaknesses.

coyote

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: please refrain from flaming and insulting one another. This isn't that type of forum - go somewhere else if you want to pick a fight. Offending posts have been moderated. Thank you.]

and now back to the topic...