what is wrong with me

^You may be onto something there...When I had a job and a let's call it, real life...before my SA really kicked my a$$, I had NONE of the thoughts, I could do 'normal' things, and my mind was not always judging, or investigating, or wondering why this or why that...
I need something to keep my mind occupied
Could it also be due to to general nerves/anxiety? Even in almost all of my jobs it was like there was still not enough "mental stimulation" .. so i had to be always creating my own stimulation, hence the constant noting (as i was constantly thinking of non-job stuff). And if i ever ran out, then there would be hell-to-pay, and i would often get really bored, grumpy, & sometimes agitated or depressed. Why i think i have needed this constant thinking, could be as it pacifies my otherwise-constant anxiety & fairly low mood/energy. So, the stimulation of constant, heavy thinking acts as a diversion from my other anxiety-producing thoughts (which i can't seem to stop .. perhaps most is subconscious).
And the more anxious one is, the more threats they see, and so they must fully analyse everything for any sign of threat. That's another possibility for excessive "curiosity".
But it could also be simply lacking in normal stimulation, hence the creating of mental novelties.