what names did or do get called at school?

jonas89

hmmm I haven't been nicknamed really, but people that really don't know who I'm often just called me johnny for some reason -_- haha and at one point me closest friends called me john-ass which I really hated but they find it funny.

this_portrait

I got called things like "weird," "weirdo," "freak," "Satanist," and "witch." Most of the time I just laughed it off, because I found it to be quite funny. I don't think these names contributed anything to my anxiety, really.

OceanMist

I got called a girl for a while in 1st grade but that died down for some reason, maybe they grew up a bit.

Unfortunately, I get called more names now that I'm older and still shy. The good thing is now I'm more emotionally equipped to handle the name calling. In first grade, I thought i was going to die.

Kiwong

Dero
beaker -a shy character from the muppets
poofta
romper stomper because when I walked I was anxious when anyone was watching and i swayed from side to side.

The homophobic teasing was somehow the worst, although I wasn't gay.

Niteowl

I was called, and more than once mistaken for, a girl. It would never have bothered me if people didn't actually think I was one.

There was a girl from China in the school - we didn't know her, but every time we passed her my friends exclaimed that it was me. Every single time. I didn't even wear glasses like she did. Was once beaten up for being an "emo" - I'm not - by a group of people who proudly called themselves "the chavs" (one of these cliques in the UK).

My friends and me were always called "gay" as well, but once one of the bullies changed his mind and said "you're not gay, you just act gay". I mean - what? A very nasty rumour was passed around in high school, about two of my friends, but somehow that rumour has since become about one of them and myself. I know that, because that's the story my brother's friend chooses to believe. I don't mind being called gay - I'm not, but it's no big deal - it's the rumour that upset me.

Oh, one of those friends was a little bit self-righteous and a little bit self-obsessed, and he used to call the rest of us all these different names while telling us how, with looks like his, he should have been popular. That never really bothered me though. That's just what he does.

Last edited:

Dead_on_Arrival

Asswipe, faggot, arse, puff, fu**wit, look at the pathetic git, freak, specy, to name but a few.

Didn't help that my initials are AARS.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Weirdo, freak, racism on account of being mixed race. But I can now laugh about one insult I got called frequently during primary school - paki. Because I'm not asian for a start, and my mother is white and father is African. The N-word, now that's different matter.

But I don't think it contributed to my anxiety. Okay, maybe a bit. But not hugely. I just accept there's are some ignorant, racist people in the world. So don't lower yourself to their level, rise above it.

Dead_on_Arrival

This is probably gonna make a few of you pee yourselves but, I used to get bad wind as a kid so the bas***ds made up a song about me.

Driving down the motorway at 104,
Sayer did a whopper and blew off the door,
A car came past and he blew it apart,
And all because of Sayers supersonic fart.

Sounds funny now but it hurt like hell back then.

Looking_in105

Gook,chink, ugly, loner, fat boy.

Sadly most of these things were said by my "best friend" in school :-/ I clearly didn't have the guts to say anything.

Agent_Violet

-stache (this one was because i have REALLY dark hair and before i discovered how to wax, i had a bit of a upper lip issue)

-dumb bunny (my central incisors were bigger than the rest of my teeth...I've since gotten them fixed...)

- "you're so flat you're jealous of a country road" (in reference to my small chest)

- bubble butt
-slut
-b**ch
-c**t
-snob
-freak
-timberwolf (a play off my last name. they'd follow me down the halls howling at me like rabid animals)
-beast (the hairy girl thing again.as if i could help being a very dark haired brunette)
-borderline b**ch
-suicidal freak
-butcher (i'd usually come to school with bandages on my wrists from cutting. i tried to hide them but someone always saw them like in gym class when i was forced to wear short sleeves)
-"nobody likes you. why don't you just kill yourself and get it over with?"

that was painful. i kinda regret digging all that back up. wow.

funny, when i did have a FB page...all those jerks who said these things to me all those years are the first ones who wanted to "friend" me as adults.

Agent_Violet

I would have thought that one more of a compliment. :confused:

not the way they said it...one time i was in the girl's locker room before gym class and one girl stuffed the back of her pants with a bunch of clothes and walked around saying, "who am i? guess who i am?"

of course, i just stood there with my face burning red and i didn't stand up for myself. i just started crying. i guess that's why i'm a bit of a mean girl in real life as an adult.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
not the way they said it...one time i was in the girl's locker room before gym class and one girl stuffed the back of her pants with a bunch of clothes and walked around saying, "who am i? guess who i am?"

Lame. I suppose it's the intent that really matters anyway, not the words.

Is it bad that I'm wondering what your butt looks like now?

Nothingness

The same names that the schizophrenia calls me when I'm stressed.
Dumbass, Fatso, loser, worthless...you know them!
28 years later and I still hear the abuse ::(:

DeadmanWalking

of course, i just stood there with my face burning red and i didn't stand up for myself. i just started crying. i guess that's why i'm a bit of a mean girl in real life as an adult.

*hugs* I'm sorry Violet; when I saw this, I thought that I just had to comment on it. You should have said, "An idiot?"
I hope that you can let these memories go one day and move forward. But, I don't believe that you're a mean girl; every post I've seen of you has been positive and nice.

Agent_Violet

The same names that the schizophrenia calls me when I'm stressed.
Dumbass, Fatso, loser, worthless...you know them!
28 years later and I still hear the abuse ::(:

hear the abuse from others or you hear it in your memories? I sincerely hope you don't still have to put up with that from other people. It's hard enough coping with the memory of being tormented let alone throwing current torment into the picture. :(