women a lot more approachable without makeup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldEndsWithMe

I always figured that guys would get intimidated by girls who have on the nice clothes and the makeup, because I get intimidated by guys that dress up super nice and have great hair and stuff. I think "Oh... that guy is way too cool for me. He'd never even want to talk to me".
It's so true though, because I almost never get approached when I have makeup on, or am wearing nice clothes. I normally meet guys when I'm in sweats and my hair is a mess and we're just talking about video games/comic books/music, etc.
But, I like wearing makeup and nice clothes once in a while...

talisman

Ladies, shall we make a 'no makeup picture thread' 'before & after makeup pic thread'? I'll post if you guys post. ::p:

Interesting idea. I don't recall anything like that ever being done on a web forum before.

As for makeup, I can understand the OP. I find too much makeup on a girl intimidating for lack of a better word. I tend to associate makeup with outgoing, confident girls who probably wouldn't have much time for me, so I do prefer less makeup, especially lipstick which I really don't like at all.

lef09012

ahoy ther i know this will be flamed into eternity

i think women look more like men without makeup so they become easier to approach would you agree? ;) take my comment with a pinch of salt

what i mean is they look rougher like more manly (oh boy this isnt sounding so good...)

LOL! I'm a woman, but I liked your comment

token_asian_friend

I always figured that guys would get intimidated by girls who have on the nice clothes and the makeup, because I get intimidated by guys that dress up super nice and have great hair and stuff. I think "Oh... that guy is way too cool for me. He'd never even want to talk to me".
It's so true though, because I almost never get approached when I have makeup on, or am wearing nice clothes. I normally meet guys when I'm in sweats and my hair is a mess and we're just talking about video games/comic books/music, etc.
But, I like wearing makeup and nice clothes once in a while...

Depends on how I'm dressed. I hate getting into social situations when I look like a slob. I feel even more out of my element than usual.

Also, being approached while in sweats and your hair a mess, like other people said, I think there's just something primal about it. I know it sounds like I'm trying to be a PC-tool, but seriously, there are times when a natural, sweaty-looking women is just as attractive, if not more so, than someone who's spent 2 hours doing themselves up. Just my opinion. :)

boro

ahoy ther i know this will be flamed into eternity

i think women look more like men without makeup so they become easier to approach would you agree? ;) take my comment with a pinch of salt

what i mean is they look rougher like more manly (oh boy this isnt sounding so good...)

Hehe, youre right, it isnt...I dont think its because they look more like men - a beautiful woman is beautiful makeup or no makeup. I personally am attracted to women who dont go overboard in the makeup department because it gives the appearance theyre less image obsessed and less 'high maintainance'.

I'm the kind of guy who'll never use gel and try to dress as casually as possible. I don't feel comfortable with women with a lot of heavy make-up... My nose gets a little allergic... And I usually find women much more natural without the make-up anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.