would you rather be around women or men?

Richey

it depends on the personality more so then gender, i tend to avoid controlling/arrogant sorts of people and i also avoid people who just seem like they are bad news, like the people who walk around tough and cause trouble ...

pedantic people get on my nerves as well. i'm not saying people shouldnt have high standards in certain areas of their life but certain people who claim to be perfectionists at everything in my opinion are just seeing life at the copletely wrong angles..and really its just an ego trip they are having ....they tend to be very uptight and superficial and its just gets on my nerves, they arn't always pleasant ro be around..

a perfectionisit/pendantic/arrogant type of person believes their way is the one and only correct way to get it right and this mentality and persona can be toxic and it leads to the fear of failure on so many occasions that its just wrong..they believe that perfectionism is reaching a point or a climax that can't be improved upon and has to take a certain process to reach, but that is in their minds ...so if someone else tries a different way of approaching a task and improves upon the other persons idea its better to the person who improved upon something that is perfect...you realise how absurd perfectionism really is..

if you watch mythbusters you can see a bunch of engineers having fun and not scared to screw up, they don't claim to be perfectionists but they base their evidence on trial and error theories..

i prefer people who don't mind failing and learning rather then this pedantic notion to get everything 100% perfect the first time ..its hard to explain but if you dont take the perfectionism stance then you are more open minded to ideas and creation..

this quote:

"A third group of perfectionists extends their high standards to everyone else in the immediate orbit. "They demand the same thing from others that they demand in themselves, which seems fair to them," says Flett. Personal relationships are nearly impossible, and marriages fall apart. They are the world's worst bosses. They expect that everyone else has lived their life and shares the same beliefs and ideas, its absurd and lacks logic"

Last edited:

Why

Thank you! LOL. I've NEVER had a female friend I wasn't seeing romantically. I mean, at least when defining "friend" in the strictest sense as someone you spend a lot of alone time with... Even with guy friends, being alone together too long gets awkward as heck.

yeah i find it hard to be frends with this 1 girl i like AND i confessed to her BUT she has a BF so its awkward/tense sometimes

1 other female frend i have also has a BF but i dont see her that way as i do the first girl so around her, i can be myself comfortably

Tiercel

As much as they generally loathe me, I have to say women. At least there I have absolutely no pretense of being good enough for anyone. And they all usually ignore me anyway, so everybody wins. They leave me alone, and I refrain from creeping them out by attempting to flirt. ::eek::

Around guys I end up comparing every little thing about myself to them, and seeing how (at least in my mind) I just can't compare or compete. Whether it's something physical, a personality trait, a career, a social life, or anything else, I always just end up comparing myself to them and fearing that somehow I won't be good enough for them. And that they'll notice.

Regardless of sex, whenever someone asks me how I'm doing I usually reply, "I'm alive." And I let them interpret that however they wish. Too bad no one ever reads between the lines....

:rolleyes:

Ignace

Men, I feel a lot better with them. When I'm sitting next to a girl I'm always thinking I'm supposed to amuse her. T-T

Pink_Paula

I've always got on better with men, i don't know why but i seem to click with them more. It's only been recently that i have begun talking to women again on a regular basis, i guess i used to avoid them because i always feel inferior to them in some way i constantly compare myself and that made me ill for a while, but i'm getting better with being less self critical and because of that i'm finding i'm enjoying being around females again :)

AGR

Guys are always trying to put someone down,one up other people,intimidate other people,cant really relate to them,I rather women,I personally like old ladies,oh that sounded so creepy!:D

market.garden

Yeah I've always felt more comfortable around women, as long as I know them well enough. I tend to avoid hanging out with groups of guys, everyone's always competing to see who's the loudest...I can't deal with that when I'm out.

AGR

Women do the same exact thing... only difference is that they're smart enough to do it in private or at least in a more tactful manner. You meet a girl and think she's the sweetest person you've ever met, but once they feel comfortable around you, that's when they start ranting about all their annoying friends (i.e., everyone they know) to you, and you're like, wut just happened? :eek:

I guess males tend to do more to males,while women tend to do more to women.

I'm Not There

I'm a guy and oddly enough I sometimes feel more comfortable around girls. When I hang around with some girls and guys, I see the guys as better versions of me. That's to say, they're like me but much more social, funny, etc. This causes me to feel inferior, something I don't feel when I'm around girls only.

U

userremoved

I honestly feel more comfortable around other men. Mainly because women tend to send my anxiety levels through the roof. I guess I always feel I need to impress them or something. I couldn't care less what other men think of me anymore.

Lonelykitsune

I dont really have much contact with boys cos i go to an all girls school.I have very few friends and their all girls.but up until i was 8 i was friends with more guys than girls cos i was in a mixed school,after that SA kicked in.Today being around boys kind of intimidates me

arkane

I dont really have much contact with boys cos i go to an all girls school.I have very few friends and their all girls.but up until i was 8 i was friends with more guys than girls cos i was in a mixed school,after that SA kicked in.Today being around boys kind of intimidates me
I've totally had the same experience...I was in a mixed public school until 3rd grade, and in 4th I was switched into all-girls' private school. I felt totally weird for three years because I was a tomboy. I became pretty depressed and then I went back to mixed for highschool...that is also when my SA kicked in. I'm better around guys now, but I still get suspicious/anxious around them. Then again I'm a little suspicious of everyone.