would you rather be around women or men?

Lost Girl

Women do the same exact thing... only difference is that they're smart enough to do it in private or at least in a more tactful manner. You meet a girl and think she's the sweetest person you've ever met, but once they feel comfortable around you, that's when they start ranting about all their annoying friends (i.e., everyone they know) to you, and you're like, wut just happened? :eek:
Yes! Though I don't l know that I would call it 'smarter'. I prefer how guys handle things when they dislike someone, I think they tend to be more straight-up about it. But women! Oh my gosh, you don't know where you stand until you overhear them bitching about you while you're sitting on the toilet. Women can be such two-faced, nasty and catty DRAMA LLAMAS. Boys FTW!

Lost Girl

We're conditioned to being that way. If you ever get the chance read 'Woman's Inhumanity to Woman' by Phyllis Chesler and you'll know what I'm talking about. We're not all that bad. Believe it or not, it is smarter, just not as honest. Read up on indirect aggression among women and I guarantee that it will be familiar to you.

Oh I know all women are not that way::p:. But unfortunately many are, and I for one am just not cool with it. If I ever come across that book though, I will be sure to read it. I'm curious to hear how it is smarter...Smarter because women present themselves as lovely despite their nasty side? I suppose that is smart in a way. I think life would be much easier and less BS-laden if everyone was just straight up and honest. Maybe not always brutally honest, but tactfully.

Bama_Heath

I like hanging out with my guy friends better probably. We can watch sports or play PS3 or Xbox360 or something, Grill out, or talk about guy stuff....ya know whatever...just hanging out and doing guy stuff. I like friends that are girls too though. I tend to talk a lot so they are fun for having good conversations and joking around with. I think a couple of my best friends have been girls who liked guy stuff cause it is like you get the best of both worlds.

Uber Schnitzel

Yep, I agree that guys tend to be more direct when it comes to their feelings about other guys. :D

The only thing about dudes though is everyone can be getting along great until you put a woman in the same room, and then it's a whole different story. lol. I don't think women have anything on guys when it comes to passive aggressiveness and manipulation when we start competing for the attention of a woman. I mean, that's probably how some wars have started. ::p:

I agree with all of this apart from the guys being manipulative when you throw a woman in there. I think they (we) tend to be quite open, in your face even, about competing for a girls attention, but yeah it can get quite aggressive.

As for me, I hang out with anyone, Male or Female. Can't decide which is better, can't we all just be together? God I'm sounding like a hippy/swinger :eek:

Damaged

I find it hard to form friendships with girls, because they become so annoying too me for some reason after a while.

Defo guys, i find i get a better time and conversation with them.

Ah, guys, it's a given. The majority of my friends, I'd say a good ninety percent of them are guys but that's only due to my interests of gaming, collecting comics and being an all around nerd. Girls find that oddly discomforting so we usually have little in common but there are the mutual few who put up with me ::eek::

:) ah gaming, and nerdism

All my friends are guys, but I don't always get along, I think at times I would get along better with females, if only I could get to a point where I could talk to them and make friends.

Luthien

I used to prefer men, when I was younger. I suppose I was always looking for a substitute for my crappy father, but I also had such a hard time relating with other women. I think when I was a teen I was just surrounded by such petty, catty women that I felt safer with men, because they weren't as weird. They seem so much more down to earth, and said what they meant instead of veiling their feelings in shallow behavior.

These days, I am mostly terrified of men. I'm still scared of women, too, but I long to have good relationships with them and I feel safer and more in tune with them. I love my boyfriend, but he's not like most guys. He's really chill and super humble and lovey. He's that super nice guy in town that everyone knows and remembers. I guess it's not really men vs. women for me anymore, now it's just personality. Most of my guy friends are gentle and effeminate and I feel comfortable with them (though I don't see them ever) and every time I hang out with women, I'm still on edge but I'm working on it.

Luna1740

I am a guy, and I am deffinetly more comfortable around women, I don't know why but I just have real problems trusting other guys

mrb

blokes i soppose women scare me , the way they look at you whilst playing with there handbags , eyeing you up and down , i think mmmm why is she looking at me like that , trying to work out what im all about i soppose , they all do the same first they look at your face then slowly look down your body , then there eyes settle on your shoes , they stay at your shoes for 10 seconds then back up again , then make eye contact , then pretend there looking for something in there bag :confused: ... it amuses me :) and freaks me out at the same time :cool:

Mr. S

Both sexes are just way too immature at my age (14), so I have no preference... but that may change in the future.

Brightinfinity

My friendships are mainly with girls because I get more nervous around guys. I technically have more in common with guys, but my close girl friends are pretty much like me, so I've stuck with them instead of befriending guys.

anomicdeer

Males...
males...
males...
males...
I rather be around them.

When I was a little girl...
I hated boys pretty much... at least the ones I knew because they were SOOO immature.
Now... they are...well I don't know. Not as immature. I don't see them anymore now that I'm not in school
and I don't live in the same neighborhood anymore.

Last edited:
Both my friends are guys. I haven't had a real female friend since I was...17yrs. Im 29yr now. I feel like Im out of practice lol. I talk to women at work, the ones in my dept, their pretty nice, but its almost like because they are married have children I assume they think they wouldn't have much in common with me or maybe they notice my S.A. and their not exactly sure if they should respect the boundaries I have or push past them. If a woman tried to push past my walls because she really wanted to be friends with me, that would be a miracle. It would be very hard for me to be the one to initiate the friendship.

WorldEndsWithMe

I'm fine hanging around either sex as long as they don't have a bad attitude.
I've mostly had guy friends, but my closest friends are girls. Guys generally aren't interested in taking about cute boys. =P Which is totally unfair, because I always listened and even contributed(!) to my guy friend's "hot girl" talks. Although I do have one guy friend who will talk about boys with me, he's straight too!

mavs2583

Definitely guys. I have more in common with them and they come up and talk to me and I rarely have any problems getting along with them, but when I try to be nice to women, most just don't like me for w/e reason and seem to want me to go away.

xxaimsxx

Men for sure! I think they get a hard time and all. I never realised but most of my friends have been male in the past. Im not a tomboy im a girlie girl but yeah i love men.

Exeunt

I'm way more comfortable around women. For some reason, they always come to the conclusion that I'm gay - which I actually find quite amusing. Around men, my persona shifts from nice to borderline prick. I don't trust men at all.