I have small hands for a man

I have almost feminine type hands and it really bothers me a lot. I never played football or basketball because my hands were so small growing up that I couldn't catch a pass with either, which forced me to alienate myself from sports.

Does anybody know a cure to this?

Jake123

Banned
Big hands don't really help much more... at least small hands can use certain objects better and are good with things that require careful fine motor movements or whatever. But anyway, you know what they say about a guy with small hands. Small gloves :p

AGR

Wolff's law

Wolff's law is a theory developed by the German Anatomist/Surgeon Julius Wolff (1836–1902) in the 19th century that states that bone in a healthy person or animal will adapt to the loads it is placed under. If loading on a particular bone increases, the bone will remodel itself over time to become stronger to resist that sort of loading. The internal architecture of the trabeculae undergoes adaptive changes, followed by secondary changes to the external cortical portion of the bone,[1] perhaps becoming thicker as a result. The converse is true as well: if the loading on a bone decreases, the bone will become weaker due to turnover, it is less metabolically costly to maintain and there is no stimulus for continued remodeling that is required to maintain bone mass.[2]

Wolff's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pick a combat sport where punches are alowed,hitting the heavy bag really helps,only a month and some days I went back to boxing and already see some diferences.

hand gripper-Captains of Crush
Grippers
Captains of Crush Hand Grippers - the gold standard of hand grippers from IronMind

pinch grip strenght-
blockpinch.JPG

farmer walk

farmers_walk.gif

Double overhand deadlift
PEOPLESPULLLG.jpg

leverage exercises-
http://www.eiyc.com/wrist.htm

Last edited:

SilverFire

Maybe if you used your hands in some way you could see it as a strength -- like computer repair, making jewelry, or being a surgeon. Hey maybe some of those aren't stuff you're into, but you the drift right?

Richey

i wouldn't worry about it. i know a few people who are tall and skinny and have small hands who are guys, its not an abnormality at all, these people are 'cool' normal people and its not something i ever really take note of or care to think about.

i think its just gone to your head a bit which is normal. we as humans in this current society tend to obsess over every little detail.

Iseesky

Why does it bother you? Does it bother you because you think other people consider it weird?

Because it really isn't. I know guys with small hands and they get along just fine. My dad being one of them and he's a very sporty guy. :)